Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's in the mod code of conduct that we have to close all suicide threads, and post the note to advise people to seek counseling. Any mod that was on the board could have done it

So please don't shoot the closer :(

By the way, I had to hit up dictionary.com to look up the precise meaning of censure :) touche

I dont want to shoot the messenger, but it seems unethical to me. Wat's the reasoning behind it? Because I know from experience that when I was in a dark place and people turned their shoulder on me it was pretty terrible

It's in the mod code of conduct that we have to close all suicide threads, and post the note to advise people to seek counseling. Any mod that was on the board could have done it

So please don't shoot the closer :(

By the way, I had to hit up dictionary.com to look up the precise meaning of censure :) touche

Nah, I know where you're coming from coughrop, and I actually felt kind of bad when I closed it. I honestly don't know the exact reasoning behind it so I'll get Brandy or another mod with more experience to comment on it here.

Suicidal thoughts are very serious and in the forum such as this one, you get people with various points of view. You even get some that will tell the person in question to go ahead and do it. In the past, whenever a thread like that stayed open, it became very mean very quickly.

When it comes to serious matters such as this, we cannot take a risk of worsening one's fragile state of mind -- especially knowing that there will be at least one member saying something inappropriate for the lolz. It is for the best that the person in question seeks professional help and we are not professionals nor can we be held liable. It really is difficult for us to close these threads, but we are doing what we have to do to address the situation.

If any of you have more questions about this topic, please PM Dan or one of the mods and we will try and reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!