Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've started DKR the other week and my face was 100% clear for the first time only after a few days to a week of using it(not sure why :think: ). Well now for some reason I'm breaking out worse then I ever did before. I think I found the reason for the breakouts on my jaw/cheek area. I've been using this bean bag type pillow thing for a few months now and I guess resting my face on it picks up oils/other nasty stuff from my face. I hope that's the reason. Well I've also been getting an insane amount of breakouts on my forehead which I only ever get a few there. Theres only 1 possible way(well maybe 2) that I've been getting pimples there. I started to use tissues to blot the other week which worked to keep my skin shine free for a little untill oils shined it right back up. Would it be possible that using tissue paper to blot/blotting a good bit with a firm press would have caused breakouts?

Another thing that I think might have contributed is the fact that it's getting warmer out. I've been waking up with a oil covered face(my skins oily but not this oily) which has been causing me to have a few white heads. I've read about when using bp you should us a protective lotion with SPF in it when you go out in the sun. I've only been out enjoying the sun very few times so far in which I was exposed for no more then 2 hours each time. Could this be a factor that I don't use any protective lotion? I've used a "rip off" brand of proactive for a few years and I was out in the sun all the time with no problems.

Just wondering if anyone out there broke out a lot more then usual because of these things? I was so happy when everything completely cleared after very little use but now I'm back to feeling like total crap. I just quit my horrilbe warehouse job less then a week ago and I've got a few applications(I need to go out and get more) but I wont even go out of the house now because of these breakouts. :(

I've started DKR the other week and my face was 100% clear for the first time only after a few days to a week of using it. Well now for some reason I'm breaking out worse then I ever did before

While other factors you mentioned may very well contribute to the breakouts, like the pillow...which probably does not let your skin breathe at all -- I would just narrow this down to an initial breakout which should be gone in a few weeks, maybe even shorter. After that period, then you should try to figure out what else could potentially be irritating your skin or causing you to breakout more. It's hard to tell when you first start a regimen which can cause IB's.

Good luck!

I might get off DKR and go back to my proactive like stuff. I'm not sure if DKR is working for me. I know your suppose to wait 2-3 months but with that rip off proactive stuff it only takes a few days to clear up most breakouts. When I was using it I would get a few here and there plus a big one every now and then. I just don't like using it because it makes your face feel weird. Right now I'm just completely covered with pimples which has never happened before and it seems like I keep getting new ones everyday. I haven't been really doing anything that I normaly wouldn't do so idk. Could an extremely dusty room have anything to do with it? lol I'm just throwing things out there now cause I'm totaly lost on what it could be. My room for some reason is insanely dusty.

I've started DKR the other week and my face was 100% clear for the first time only after a few days to a week of using it(not sure why :think: ). Well now for some reason I'm breaking out worse then I ever did before. I think I found the reason for the breakouts on my jaw/cheek area. I've been using this bean bag type pillow thing for a few months now and I guess resting my face on it picks up oils/other nasty stuff from my face. I hope that's the reason. Well I've also been getting an insane amount of breakouts on my forehead which I only ever get a few there. Theres only 1 possible way(well maybe 2) that I've been getting pimples there. I started to use tissues to blot the other week which worked to keep my skin shine free for a little untill oils shined it right back up. Would it be possible that using tissue paper to blot/blotting a good bit with a firm press would have caused breakouts?

Another thing that I think might have contributed is the fact that it's getting warmer out. I've been waking up with a oil covered face(my skins oily but not this oily) which has been causing me to have a few white heads. I've read about when using bp you should us a protective lotion with SPF in it when you go out in the sun. I've only been out enjoying the sun very few times so far in which I was exposed for no more then 2 hours each time. Could this be a factor that I don't use any protective lotion? I've used a "rip off" brand of proactive for a few years and I was out in the sun all the time with no problems.

Just wondering if anyone out there broke out a lot more then usual because of these things? I was so happy when everything completely cleared after very little use but now I'm back to feeling like total crap. I just quit my horrilbe warehouse job less then a week ago and I've got a few applications(I need to go out and get more) but I wont even go out of the house now because of these breakouts. :(

Do u change your pillow cases once a week? That really helps?