Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, new here. My friends are absolutely gorgeous. Their idea of a pimple is the size of half of a pea. I have moderate acne, and haven't yet found something that works. Every time I get a new zit, they tell me, hey you have a big zit. Thank you. Like I didn't know. I thought friends supported you?

Hey welcome to acne.org! :wavey: This place is very addictive so be careful

You could tell your friends you dont feel comfortable talking about your acne and that it hurts your feelings when they point out you have a zit. Im just curious, what is your regimen?

I cannot help but notice you are from beautiful west virginia. Most of my family lives there (my great aunt had eight children and they all live there)jand my grandmother who died in 2002 was also born there.

Its not really a regimin. My mom has the philosophy that if my face isn't bleeding, my acne isn't that bad. All I use is Clean & Clear scrub. It does absolutely nothing. But I've saved up my birthday $$ and want to buy something really good as soon as I find something.

if they're really good friends in other ways, then i suspect they're just not sensitive to this since they don't deal with it themselves (lucky ducks!) and i would do as Molly suggests and tell them that it upsets you because its a touchy issue for you. if they're true friends, they'll understand.

if you suspect they're doing this out of meaness, then that's another story. good friends should be like a good drug.... leave you feeling happy and 'up'. if you're being made to feel bad or drained on a regular basis, then you might want to think about whether or not the friendship is real and worth continuing.

as for your regimen... i know everything can get pretty pricey (i've spent thousands over the years and still have acne). why not try some good, clean, simple products first? have you thought about the apple cidar vinegar treatment that a lot of people on here like? i've recently stopped buying all that drug store crap and simplified my cleansing, changed my diet. i'm finally seeing results that i never got using OTC for over 20 years. its a whole lot cheaper too!!

good luck with everything. i know how hard it is.

Do you know if you have any food allergies? I agree it would be better if you could try some cheap products that work well first. I suggest staying away from anything that has the word scrub in it. Have you tried purpose cleanser?

Well if they're really your friends, tell them how it makes you feel. I know that sounds old-school and corny, but what other way is there? Next time they bring it up just say 'hey, i know what's on my face, no it's not pretty, but i'm dealing with it you don't have to, saying stuff about it just makes things worse" or something like that ;) Good luck!

maybe u dont have it THAT bad afterall and they just wanna tell u

it still doesnt sound too good, they just cant understand

um tell them.."oh yeah i knowww .. :)"

There's more to being a friend than being gorgeous. Your friends probably don't understand how you feel about acne, and how it effects your life, how it bring you down when people mention it. It's one of those things you just can't know how it feels until you have it yourself. If you friends bring you down like that often I wouldn't hang out with them as much, good friends shouldn't ever make you feel down.

I don't think that is considered being unsupportive, but rather kind of rude more than anything. Have you told them that you are aware and don't need the commentary? That will probably deter anyone from mentioning it again (in most cases). Maybe you can tell them that you would appreciate some support in your struggle from them because it is hard for you. A lot of people won't do it unless they are asked.

By the way, welcome to the org. We're always here if you need us.