Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
topzzz

Using the 3rd step of Proactic Solution

Hey guys,

I am new to the forums, but not the site. I just started the regimen about a week ago but my skin is sort of sensitive so I had to make my own regimen kind of.

Anyway, for this regimen I am using the 3rd step of proactiv solution which contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I am pretty sure this will work just as well since I am seeing results. Anyhow, I only apply B.P. once a day and that's at night. The reason I do this is because if I apply it twice a day it will dry out my skin.

Anyhow, it seems my skin was clearer yesterday and then today it got a little worse. Again, I have been on the regimen for about a week now so is this normal? I haven't done or eaten anything differently.

when i switched from proactiv to dan kern's regimen i broke out the next day after using it, because it made my skin so dry. But then i continued using it. It's has been about 2 months now since i've used dan kern's and i have never had a single break out ever since. Only downfall is dan kern's makes your face extremely dry, but a good moisturizer is the solution.

Plus Proactiv is VERY EXPENSIVE...it's like $80 here for 1 package. But with Dan kern's u can get like 3 sets plus the shipping cost for about the same price or less!

long story short just continue using, your skin has to get used to it. It'll take time.

Your experience breaking out in the first week sounds normal, I wouldn't overanalyze breakouts at this point in the regimen. You might also benefit from using small amounts of BP twice a day, adjusting to that, and then eventually upping that. Lots of people don't get as good of results if they only do it once a day.

your regimen kind of sounds like mine about a year ago. i used the repair lotion from proactiv, and figured it would work just as well, if not better than DKR.

i don't know how or why, but dan's bp gel works better for me than the proactiv one.

your regimen kind of sounds like mine about a year ago. i used the repair lotion from proactiv, and figured it would work just as well, if not better than DKR.

i don't know how or why, but dan's bp gel works better for me than the proactiv one.

Hmm I don't know all is I know is my face is clearing up. I ate a lot of garbage today so I got one zit, but normally I would have gotten like 5 so I am happy!!! :) My skin is virtually clear. I'll post pictures in a few weeks. I want to clear up my minor scars. My scars always clear really fast because my acne hasn't ever been that bad anyway. Well I will keep everyone updated.

READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Note that when I started using B.P. my skin felt like crap and I got a PHATTY zit. A zit I have never had so large. It was bad. But now that I stuck with it my skin is getting really clear. If you use B.P. for your first time I suggest waiting until you have a long weekend or until this summer because it will **** your face up at first!!!!