Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yang

things that really do matter to the Regimen and Acne

Hi ~ Ive been on DKR regimen for 7 weeks

i had got new fresh breakouts until week 5.

after that it started to clear up.

but this week i got 3 pretty big pimples.

Now I know the reason.

First of all, b/c of lots of school works, i got lots of stress and couldn't sleep more than 5 hours.

Proper sleep and getting strees really do matter to acne.

Second of all, I believe that foods greatly affect to acne.

Ive eaten lots of rice, potatoes, chocolate, and other junk foods this week.

i had really tried to be careful what i am eating and drink lots of water during week 1 ~ 6.

At that time, I didn't have any active acne.

But now, 3 factors have been changed .

Guys ~ I know lots of ppl know about this factor but

Try to sleep 7 ~ 8 hours a day,

Try to avoid lots of stress,

and be careful what you are eating !

hope you guys have good results !

Guest WhiteWater

Stress effects acne and so does high calorific binged intake.

Stress is due to hormones, cortisol especially.

It's not the type of food.

Diabetics who suffer skin problesm, understand their condition well, will tell you they are sick of people saying they cant eat junk, like chocolate. They have to limit their calories.

Its the same with PCOS which has a side effect of acne. In PCOS women have high levels of testosterone due to anabolic state from high calories.

If you eat alot, even of something healthy like chicken and rice you will see your skin gets oily later.

It's good that you found something that works for you. It could definitely be helpful to other people -- water is definitely a key element, so is a lower stress level in some cases.

i try to drink a lot of water throughout the day... it helps a lot

water actually keeps my face slighly more hydrated too

and yes stress does contribute to acne in a way

sleeping is the best answer for strees IMO

Diabetics who suffer skin problesm, understand their condition well, will tell you they are sick of people saying they cant eat junk, like chocolate. They have to limit their calories.

Its the same with PCOS which has a side effect of acne. In PCOS women have high levels of testosterone due to anabolic state from high calories.

If you eat alot, even of something healthy like chicken and rice you will see your skin gets oily later.

I have PCOS and this isn't *exactly* true... the cycle that kicks off all kinds of bad things with PCOS begins with eating foods that have a high Glycemic Index... not just foods that are high in calories. All food has calories, and you need caloric energy to survive. The problem relates to gluclose, and how your body responds to it. A lot of the problems in the American diet come from high Glycemic Index foods .... think sugar, processed carbs, potatoes, etc. High carb and sugar diets can definitely exacerbate PCOS and it's effects, including acne. A low Glycemic Index (Low GI) diet is recommended for those with PCOS. It's a little like the Atkins diet.

Happy eating!