Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so I have relegated myself to become the guinea pig here. I spoke with dr. sTEPHEN hONG in Boulder, Co who uses Fraxel. He directly told me that Fraxel will NOT create a reaction with the silicone: (A) because the silicone is injected well into the subcutaneous layer and (B) because silicone is chemically inert and not affected by the temperature spikes the laser produces.

Keep in mind this is not a claim Reliant or anyone else can tout publicly due to the non-FDA approval.

My doctor has agreed to also spot treat my scarred areas, since my deepset scarring is more localized. This will make the procedure WAAAY more affordable for me. So, I am nervous and crossing my fingers that something does not go wrong but feel relived I can continue with other things. Different doctors have conflicting views with this, but so far I have not heard of any negative reports and all the doctors I've talked to are willing to still use Fraxel over silicone, however cautiously. Don't get me wrong, it is still scaring the crap out of me but I don't have much choice at this point in time, as truly effective treatments are either very scarce or nonexistant still in this day and age. I also know, from reading other posts that 30 to 40 percent is considered an excellent result after multiple treatments and not everyone is getting satisafctory or noticeable results on the acne pitting from this. Just another mixed bag treatment is really all it is and I'm sure this fact will come about in about a year. But like I said, I aint spending a lot on this and none else should either!

By the way, my silicone results were not imrpessive, but my doctor explained to me that my other derm was probably very conservative. This I understand since I went to someone with less experience. I am sure I will revist silicone with big names like Alkek, Orentreich, or Resnick once I have tried some other things.

My skin still looks like shit, so I hope I get some noticeable imrpovement from something soon!!!

By the way, has anyone ever run a poll on who's had the most acne scar treatments and what results they had. I am talking about someone who has run the gamit with subcisions, fillers, dermabrasions, maybe 20 to 30 treatments?? I know Dan T had a lot and still complains about notcieable scarring. Anyone else so that I know how far I am supposed to go.

I would like to know this also. What procedures give the most improvements? TCA Cross, Needling, Subcision, Dermabrasion, Co2, Fillers? Heck I would like to hear success story's, just to keep up hope that they can be improved. I've had 1 Dermabrasion, 5 rounds of Fraxel 1, all to say everything looks worse!!!!!! My derm would go above 20, maybe that's why the Fraxel did not help. Scars look worse, I have more, and I have hyperpigmantation problems. All in all, I look worse.

I would like to know this also. What procedures give the most improvements? TCA Cross, Needling, Subcision, Dermabrasion, Co2, Fillers? Heck I would like to hear success story's, just to keep up hope that they can be improved. I've had 1 Dermabrasion, 5 rounds of Fraxel 1, all to say everything looks worse!!!!!! My derm would go above 20, maybe that's why the Fraxel did not help. Scars look worse, I have more, and I have hyperpigmantation problems. All in all, I look worse.

And that's even MORE discouraging to hear when people say they actually look worse. That's when the suicide threats and massive depression start coming up.

I have heard of many saying dermabrasion makes things worse. Can you explain this in soime more detail? Did u do your entire face? What doc? what instrument (wire brush or diamond fraise)?

Ok, so I have relegated myself to become the guinea pig here. I spoke with dr. sTEPHEN hONG in Boulder, Co who uses Fraxel. He directly told me that Fraxel will NOT create a reaction with the silicone: (A) because the silicone is injected well into the subcutaneous layer and (B) because silicone is chemically inert and not affected by the temperature spikes the laser produces.

Keep in mind this is not a claim Reliant or anyone else can tout publicly due to the non-FDA approval.

My doctor has agreed to also spot treat my scarred areas, since my deepset scarring is more localized. This will make the procedure WAAAY more affordable for me. So, I am nervous and crossing my fingers that something does not go wrong but feel relived I can continue with other things. Different doctors have conflicting views with this, but so far I have not heard of any negative reports and all the doctors I've talked to are willing to still use Fraxel over silicone, however cautiously. Don't get me wrong, it is still scaring the crap out of me but I don't have much choice at this point in time, as truly effective treatments are either very scarce or nonexistant still in this day and age. I also know, from reading other posts that 30 to 40 percent is considered an excellent result after multiple treatments and not everyone is getting satisafctory or noticeable results on the acne pitting from this. Just another mixed bag treatment is really all it is and I'm sure this fact will come about in about a year. But like I said, I aint spending a lot on this and none else should either!

By the way, my silicone results were not imrpessive, but my doctor explained to me that my other derm was probably very conservative. This I understand since I went to someone with less experience. I am sure I will revist silicone with big names like Alkek, Orentreich, or Resnick once I have tried some other things.

My skin still looks like shit, so I hope I get some noticeable imrpovement from something soon!!!

By the way, has anyone ever run a poll on who's had the most acne scar treatments and what results they had. I am talking about someone who has run the gamit with subcisions, fillers, dermabrasions, maybe 20 to 30 treatments?? I know Dan T had a lot and still complains about notcieable scarring. Anyone else so that I know how far I am supposed to go.

Hey Ylem :rolleyes:

How did the silicone react to fraxel?? I also want to have other treatments but iam afraid that the silicone will fuck up my face (I had 4 rounds of silicone oil injected). The Dr. who injected me is saying the same as the Dr you ask, but I have learn on the hard way never to belive what a Dr is saying..You seems to know alot about acne scars treatments so I wanna ask you..

Hey Ylem :rolleyes:

How did the silicone react to fraxel?? I also want to have other treatments but iam afraid that the silicone will fuck up my face (I had 4 rounds of silicone oil injected). The Dr. who injected me is saying the same as the Dr you ask, but I have learn on the hard way never to belive what a Dr is saying..You seems to know alot about acne scars treatments so I wanna ask you..

Nothing happened to me. I'd say go for it. But, I am still disappointed in the results and I had some breakouts a few months ago that left more scars:(

Hi group

I posted a few months ago and I was so happy that I finally had little if any residual scars after 2 dermabrasions and 2 facelifts and lots of time for loosening of scars. By the way, Ylem, I live in Colorado and have recently thought about gong to doc to talk about filler. I lost about 10 pounds this winter and the weight loss caused my areas of rolling scars to sink in a little and I can see the sunken areas. The areas are right under my cheekbones and the scars all run together, so they look more like widely depressed areas now.

I solemnly tell all of you, when I was 20 I had very jagged deep widespread scars everywhere of every variety and I can recall strangers approaching me on the street and commenting on what a mess my face was. Nightmare and suicide causing agression to me.

I never saw much improvement until I had the facelift at age 42. Before facelift, my sunken areas under my cheekbones had deep holes in them that were lined up in rows and formed pictures, like a "v" on one side.

I have not consulted with anhy doctor about scars since I was in my 20s.

I guess the breaking up of the top layer from the underlying tissue relaxed those holes, you absolutely cannot see them now except this sunken but smooth area when I am thin.

It seems if I could just have a facelift on those small (1 inch wide, 1/2 inch high) areas, I would have absolutely normal skin, my lifelong dream. Has anyone heard of having a facelift just on a part of your cheek?

Is that the same as subcusion? Does anyone in Colorado perform it?

Thank you ahead if anyone can figure out what I am asking. ,

Coklar