Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went into the Body Shop yesterday, had a quick browse. But my main purpose for being in there was so i could look at there make-up range.

I went over with my mum, and we were looking at the face powders. Then all of a sudden, this 50 odd year old woman who worked their came over to us and began asking us what we were looking for, how to apply it, what colour would be good to cover up my acne etc...

God i just wanted to die right there!

Either that, or punch her! :shifty:

My mum was speaking to her, and i just stood there thinking 'Go away go away!'

Anyone else find this annoying?

I had a cashier at walmart tell me in front if everyone that the concealer I was buying would cover my "red lumps all over my face" well. I about cried right then and there.

I went into the Body Shop yesterday, had a quick browse. But my main purpose for being in there was so i could look at there make-up range.

I went over with my mum, and we were looking at the face powders. Then all of a sudden, this 50 odd year old woman who worked their came over to us and began asking us what we were looking for, how to apply it, what colour would be good to cover up my acne etc...

Thats what their job is =/ What annoys you about that?

I know its there job.

And she did say first "can i help you?"

And i said "no were just looking thanks"

but she wouldnt leave us alone!

well annoying!

put me off going back tbh

There is nothing wrong with simply recommending products. Clearly the sales associate was not simply recommending products.

She was being overbearing and pushy, and offering unwanted help. It's the most annoying thing in the world. Sometimes I go into stores like that and pretend to be talking on my cell phone so that the sales associates won't bug me. If I want help, I will ask for it. Don't keep pushing products on me.

I know its there job.

And she did say first "can i help you?"

And i said "no were just looking thanks"

but she wouldnt leave us alone!

well annoying!

put me off going back tbh

Eh, it happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that you have acne and they're just trying to help. They arent trying to be mean to you.

I was like that when I was younger, I felt so embarrassed because I felt they were critiquing my acne and it was so bad! (just as I thought). Whenever they looked and said something I would give them a fake smile and say No thanks/ or Okay.

Now, if they do say something I'll take it into consideration and smile genuinely because I'm finally comfortable with my face and what I have. If they want to "cake" my face, I'll just shake my head politely and say, "Actually, I'm just interested in covering my redness thats all"

I have had a GREAT MAKEUP ARTIST from BOBBI BROWN who started to talk about ACNE to me and my friend (who has flawless skin) she started to talk extensively about it (at first, I was embarrassed that she was talking so much about it, then I got comfortable) she said that she covered acne for models for 10 years and it all lied in "cheese", she told 2 girls to stop eating "cheese" for 2 wks and they cleared up. I asked her, if it was only cheese or dairy products as well. But she insisted it was only American cheese. Who knows if that was the real case. But I listened intentively and tried following the regime, but I do love cheese, lol.

Another novice makeup artist from BARE MINERALS told me, "YOU went out with your skin bare naked?" and I answered, "um yeah" (I didnt see anything wrong with it) she answered back "Wow, you're brave" I thought that was so rude. But I didnt say anything back, its what people think. Whatever.

Recently, I had a MAC artist insisting that I should go on Accutane that its the ONLY way to clear up + thats how he cleared up. I insisted back, that I didnt want to go on anymore antibiotics and I didnt want to try Accutane. He continued with "well what did you use before?" etc. I think he was a little crazy for flawless skin that he caked me up with foundation and concealer and I felt too much makeup. But he just thought it looked perfect. I was in doubt, and then my mother told me when I got home that I put too much makeup, I looked way overdone.

Actually, I told a makeup artist from SEPHORA that "well, I just want to cover my acne" she told me, "oh please girl, it'll go away you're still young its just a phase" (even though I knew it wasnt true .. I've had acne for 14 years) I didnt tell her anything :whistle: and let her continue, lol.

yeah it is kind of irritating when people bring up your acne. i guess if your in a positive, secure frame of mind its not a big deal, but when your feeling pissed about having acne and someone just reminds you of how obvios it is....you may want to slap them silly, or put a paper bag over your head.

once i walked into a pharmacy (yes to get some acne treatment products) and i could not find them, so i walked over to the salesperson and said "excuse me, i was looking for...."

and the guy just cut me off-"oh... for your pimples! right over there" uuum, thanks. my pimples are on my face, i dont need to look for them! :lol:

i cant beleive he said that, very unproffessional.

yeah it is kind of irritating when people bring up your acne. i guess if your in a positive, secure frame of mind its not a big deal, but when your feeling pissed about having acne and someone just reminds you of how obvios it is....you may want to slap them silly, or put a paper bag over your head.

once i walked into a pharmacy (yes to get some acne treatment products) and i could not find them, so i walked over to the salesperson and said "excuse me, i was looking for...."

and the guy just cut me off-"oh... for your pimples! right over there" uuum, thanks. my pimples are on my face, i dont need to look for them! :lol:

i cant beleive he said that, very unproffessional.

haha some funny and terrible stories here. What it comes down to is people who dont suffer with it cant asociate with it, and although theyre merely trying to help i'm sure 95% of these people dont realise how hurtful theyre being.

Rachel, just noticed you're from Sheffield, I'm from Doncaster (lucky me) *waves*

Plus, im almost certain the lady knew we didnt really need/want her help.

I see it like, if you want help, you'll ask for it.

& and i didnt ask for it. So ya know :P

Rachel, just noticed you're from Sheffield, I'm from Doncaster (lucky me) *waves*

i just started doxycycline 2 weeks ago and my face is broken out pretty bad.. it made my skin worse??? Should i give it more time?? my derm said to give it a month before i expect to see results... but so far its been negative results! I usually have mild acne..but now its definitely at least moderate... any advice? Also...... for makeup.. does anyone else think that sometimes makeup just makes your breakouts look worse?? When i wake up sometimes i think oh my face isnt That bad... but then when i get ready for work and put makeup on it looks so much worse..!! Any good concealers anyone knows of? I have a ton of tiny red bumps all over my face.. it must be from this doxy?? They are not easy to cover up..

i just started doxycycline 2 weeks ago and my face is broken out pretty bad.. it made my skin worse??? Should i give it more time?? my derm said to give it a month before i expect to see results... but so far its been negative results! I usually have mild acne..but now its definitely at least moderate... any advice? Also...... for makeup.. does anyone else think that sometimes makeup just makes your breakouts look worse?? When i wake up sometimes i think oh my face isnt That bad... but then when i get ready for work and put makeup on it looks so much worse..!! Any good concealers anyone knows of? I have a ton of tiny red bumps all over my face.. it must be from this doxy?? They are not easy to cover up..

That is NOT their job. The job of a makeup artist/sales associate is to answer any questions customers have about the products or application and assist customers with applying makeup WHEN THEY ASK. Our job is not to approach unsuspecting customers and starting choosing products for them and slapping makeup all over their face

I dont even wanna go back to the shop where this happened.

Im gonna buy online. Cos there products look really good.

They have a job to do yes, but theres a line... and its damn right annoying when they cross it.

I would have felt the same as you if this happened to me. What an irritating woman. Some people have no tact.