Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Starting accutane on JUNE 11th baby :D (updated pics June 4)

I made a timeline from when my skin was normal (just 4-5 months ago.. some pictures listed are almost a year old though) to very very severe painful cystic acne covering my face.

Back when I was on the DKR regimen

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/AcdcisCoolerthanYou/before.jpg

^I actually COMPLAINED about my skin there. :rolleyes:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...cture1589-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3006.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3047.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture2978.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3000.jpg

Here's when I came OFF of the regimen and tried to use "natural products"

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3100.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3102.jpg

Then it started getting worse.. and I was getting lots and lots of SEVERE redmarks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...cture3099-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...cture3098-2.jpg

with makeup (down below)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3114.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3127.jpg

The same day I got strep throat a month and a half ago, my skin exploded into the worst cystic acne i've ever experienced in my life.. it turned like this in a matter of just a few days.

Needless to say, I stopped going to school, I stopped hanging out with all my friends, and I icolated myself in my house. I wont even go through a DRIVE-THROUGH somewhere. I cry my eyes out each day in both physical and emotional pain.. I can never get a good nights rest because my face hurts so bad and just washing my face takes at least 20 minutes because of the pain. My family and I believe that a lot of my acne might be a bacterial infection of some sort rather than acne, since this happened at the exact same time I got strep.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3128.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3129.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3130.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3131.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3132.jpg

I really hope accutane saves my life. I can't wait to experience clear skin again and be able to go out and have fun. I want to be able to sleep well again.

wow thats some change in your skin i really hope accutane works for you dont be down so much severe acne like that is hardly ever permanent you will get clear skin back your gorgeous keep your head up!we all know what your going through......

Thank you :wub: Yeah, its really mindblowing to me about what happened to my skin. My whole family is shocked too. I actually find out in a couple days or so if this is actually a bacterial skin infection I have due to strep throat rather than acne. Either way, i'm counting down the day's for tane... can't wait :boogie:

Things will get better Mandy. :comfort:

Accutane will give you clear skin, all you have to do now is wait. I was on tane for 4 months and I just finished my course. I'm clear! :D

It's so nice to go from bad skin to clear skin.

I hope for the best.

Good luck with tane :D

Aww Mandy that is some deterioration. Keep going, everything WILL be alright in the end, give me a shout if you need anything k? :wub:

You know I'll be here for ya, hon. :wub:

aw you poor thing :comfort: I didn't realize how fast that happened...I can't wait till you get the accutane!! I'm excited for you!! Hang in there :D

OMG Mandy!!!

You do look like you have impetigo.....Which will clear up if you are given the right antiboitic (having it cultured was a great idea....you'll know what your dealing with).

I really think Accutane will clear you up. You do have loads of redmarks, but it doesn't look like you are scarring. The marks will fade in time. You are such a beautiful girl....it sucks that you have to go through this......

I remember a couple years ago when my skin went from perfectly clear (even without any acne regimen) to acne like that within a month. That is when I found this site.....Dan's Regimen was the first thing I tried, and it got rid of about 50%.....I played around with retinoids, and then I went in for weekly cortisone injections (like 8-12 a week)......if I wasn't for those injections and my recent Accutane course I'd have some pretty bad scarring.....

Good luck (and it's okay if you don't want to go to graduation....you aren't missing much)

June 11th can't come fast enough...

Aww Mandy that is some deterioration. Keep going, everything WILL be alright in the end, give me a shout if you need anything k? :wub:

Thanks Kat :wub: you've been so supportive through my hard times so far, I appriciate it so much.

Thank you tim =]

aw you poor thing :comfort: I didn't realize how fast that happened...I can't wait till you get the accutane!! I'm excited for you!! Hang in there :D

I've never been so excited in my life to get on tane :D thanks

OMG Mandy!!!

You do look like you have impetigo.....Which will clear up if you are given the right antiboitic (having it cultured was a great idea....you'll know what your dealing with).

I really think Accutane will clear you up. You do have loads of redmarks, but it doesn't look like you are scarring. The marks will fade in time. You are such a beautiful girl....it sucks that you have to go through this......

I remember a couple years ago when my skin went from perfectly clear (even without any acne regimen) to acne like that within a month. That is when I found this site.....Dan's Regimen was the first thing I tried, and it got rid of about 50%.....I played around with retinoids, and then I went in for weekly cortisone injections (like 8-12 a week)......if I wasn't for those injections and my recent Accutane course I'd have some pretty bad scarring.....

Good luck (and it's okay if you don't want to go to graduation....you aren't missing much)

Thanks! Yeah... I'm still convinced that some of this is impetigo... epsessially since this happened when I got strep. What the webcam pictures aren't showing is a lot of crusting i'm getting. You can see some crusting in some of the pics... but not as much as I actually have.

Thanks Kat :wub: you've been so supportive through my hard times so far, I appriciate it so much.

Thank you tim =]

I've never been so excited in my life to get on tane :D thanks

OMG Mandy!!!

Thanks! Yeah... I'm still convinced that some of this is impetigo... epsessially since this happened when I got strep. What the webcam pictures aren't showing is a lot of crusting i'm getting. You can see some crusting in some of the pics... but not as much as I actually have.

I could see the crusting.....acne doesn't crust like that....that is impetigo......

Hey Mandy sorry you must go through that I wish you the best of luck. With the accutane and anti biotic you'll be looking and feeling good as new before you know it ;)

Thank you :wub: I'm glad your mom pitched in about my skin being a possible bacterial infection... because i'm just as convinced that it is too (along with my family.) I still haven't heard from the clinic yet today so i'm hoping they call tomorrow. If they don't end up calling, my dad is just going to bring me to the ER instead and demand they give me another culture test :lol:

Well, I am glad you are getting on Accutane. This is kind of eery in a way because back in the winter I had a similiar experience. I went from literally clear skin to what you were dealing with when you dropped Dan's regimen in a matter of days, I am not kidding - 5 days from 4-5 spots to 40 or so. Luckily, I did not progress worse as I got on antibiotics BUT, it took 3-4 months of ups and downs and 3 rounds of different antibiotics for my skin to clear and I still have some red marks.

Now I am on Bactrim and this week my cheek has started to flare in the *exact* manner that it did before I was blasted like you in a matter of days. Needless to say I am on pins and needles and checking the mirror by the hour. I started taking more Bactrim myself, now 4 pills a day (but these are the reg strength so it is really just like DS x 2). If it starts erupting like it did before I am going into the derm to ask for Accutane on MOnday.

My question to you is - how come you waited until this point to try Accutane? Are you nervous about it OR did your derm not feel it wasn't severe enough until now?

Also, are you going to be taking an antibiotic to help with the IB?

Hang in there kid!

mandy..wow..the EXACT same thing happened to me!!

10 months ago, my skins was flawless. then all of a sudden i started feeling really tired, fatigued, and i got a really bad cold back in october. i swear to you the next morning i woke up and my face had exploded..and it did nothing but get worse and worse and worse and eventually got infected with staph bacteria. ive since gotten it under control (but NOT clear) through the use of estrogen replacement (my estrogen levels were sooo low) and blah blah (no clear regimen, really. ive tried everything to clear 100% and nothing works unless i live on nothing but fruit, and even then its only like 90% and only if i hit the one week a month i tend to clear up a bit anyway. but still scarred. blah.)

i start accutane next wednesday. maybe we could keep in touch?

Thank you Soul! Well here's my little accutane story--- I've wanted accutane for a couple years now actually :lol: Ever since my friend went on it and she looked AMAZING when she was done. I stuck to the regimen though and it kept my acne at bay for the most part. Then, I came off of the reg and wanted to try something "natural"... that didn't work for me and my skin was getting worse by the day, so I figured that I was having a bad reaction to the products I was using (and that maybe my skin was breakout out from stopping the regimen.).... Finally, I asked my parents to take me to a derm, which the gladly wanted me to go to one. We kind of held it off for a bit to see if my skin would clear up anymore.

THEN, I got strep throat and all hell broke loose.. so the next day after my breakout, my mom called a free clinic and made an appointment to see someone about my skin. That took about 2 weeks I believe just to get into that place. When I finally saw a doctor about my skin... she told me immediatly that accutane would be great for me, but that she had to give a referall and have me see a real dermatologist about my dosage and stuff. The referall took 1 month to get into the derm (its really booked up here... if I didn't have that referall, it would have taken 6 months :o). That month passed and I got to see that derm.... she also said that accutane would be great for me and that she'd enter me in ipledge once I got a pregnancy test done. Well.. that took 3 weeks to get that done :wall:

So basically I wasted over 2 months of unncessecary waiting... I SHOULD be on tane by now in my opinion... oh well, less than a month now.

mandy..wow..the EXACT same thing happened to me!!

10 months ago, my skins was flawless. then all of a sudden i started feeling really tired, fatigued, and i got a really bad cold back in october. i swear to you the next morning i woke up and my face had exploded..and it did nothing but get worse and worse and worse and eventually got infected with staph bacteria. ive since gotten it under control (but NOT clear) through the use of estrogen replacement (my estrogen levels were sooo low) and blah blah (no clear regimen, really. ive tried everything to clear 100% and nothing works unless i live on nothing but fruit, and even then its only like 90% and only if i hit the one week a month i tend to clear up a bit anyway. but still scarred. blah.)

i start accutane next wednesday. maybe we could keep in touch?

Wow you ended up getting a staph infection too? I swear, that is the only explaination I can think of of why my skin exploded within a matter of a couple days. I HAVE to have impetigo. Im glad you got it under control.... what exactly is estrogen replacement?

Anyways, good luck with accutane :D For sure keep me updated and i'll do the same.

Awww. Big (((HUGS)))!!! I have to agree with you and mostly everyone else - the yellow crust probably means infection. Whatever it is, I hope you get cleared up soon. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Here, I have a few little red marks on my face and I think the world is coming to an end - you are so brave for enduring this...it'll only make you stronger. I'm here for you, if ever you need me. PM me anytime. (((HUGS)))

Aww Mandy, I had no clue you were going through all of this. :comfort: You are such a beautiful girl with a great heart, it really kills me to see you fight through this. But you have to keep fighting and it WILL be worth it in the end.

Accutane will help you - it was a life saver for me! Keep us updated on the test results from the clinic. And just remember, you are not your skin care problems!

Awww. Big (((HUGS)))!!! I have to agree with you and mostly everyone else - the yellow crust probably means infection. Whatever it is, I hope you get cleared up soon. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Here, I have a few little red marks on my face and I think the world is coming to an end - you are so brave for enduring this...it'll only make you stronger. I'm here for you, if ever you need me. PM me anytime. (((HUGS)))

Thank you sweetie =]

Aww Mandy, I had no clue you were going through all of this. :comfort: You are such a beautiful girl with a great heart, it really kills me to see you fight through this. But you have to keep fighting and it WILL be worth it in the end.

Accutane will help you - it was a life saver for me! Keep us updated on the test results from the clinic. And just remember, you are not your skin care problems!

I'll update for sure =] thank you for your kind words

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Best of luck and I hope Accutane does wonders for you so you can get back to all the fun things you miss.

I really do hope this works for you, and if you need anything, just send a PM my way. ;)

That is not just plain old acne. It could be strep impetigo since you'd just had the strep throat. It WILL be cured and you will feel ever so much better in days once you get those final culture results!!!

Good luck!!!