Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philippa

Needling in the UK

Julie from bio2 clinic (http://www.bio2clinic.com) performs needling. I have had a consultation but have not yet had needling done. Her prices are cheap and she really seems to know her stuff.

Bio2 clinic is in warwickshire but julie also performs needling in london which is where i saw her.

I'd definately recommend a consultation with her.

I learnt a lot from the consultation. Julie took a good look at my scars and was confident that needling would help. She also mentioned how different numbers of needles would be used for different scars. I can't remember everything but we had a good chat about it. The next appointment after that would be to have a patch test done (just a few scars would be needled) to see how your skin reacts to it and if all goes well then you'd get a full face treatment done.

The only problem for me is that i'm currently using benzoyl peroxide for my acne and would have to come off it for 3 weeks before and after treatment as it impairs healing. Everytime i have come off BP in the past i have broken out and got more scarring so i need to think about my next step. If it wasn't for that, then i'd have it done it in an instant.

Oh right, how much was the consultation? Does she have any legit before and after pics? How long has she been needling for?

Dr Chu does needling with the dermaroller,he isa based at the hammersmith hospital,london and u can get needling done on the NHS.

Ask your GP to refer u to see Dr Chu.