Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hola127

Does anyone else think that having flaky skin means ure using too much bp? I think so.

I think if you find the right amount to apply and the right frequency of application(once a day, twice a day) then you can eliminate flaking and keep your skin clear.

Part of how BP works is by flaking the skin and peeling out plugs. It's not just an unwanted side-effect, but part of how it works. It also kills the acne bacteria.

Guest WhiteWater

I don't get flakes during day anymore since I used an SA cleanser and massage face with finger tips for a minute. I also use a Lactic acid based moisturizer with petrolatum. I notice when my skin dries after cleansing it is not dry and flaky anymore due to restored barrier by moisturizing with petrolatum. Also the BP I use Solugel-4 is very gentle as BPs go.

well it makes sense because more BP means more dryness to your skin

more dryness means more flakes

I don't get flakes during day anymore since I used an SA cleanser and massage face with finger tips for a minute. I also use a Lactic acid based moisturizer with petrolatum. I notice when my skin dries after cleansing it is not dry and flaky anymore due to restored barrier by moisturizing with petrolatum. Also the BP I use Solugel-4 is very gentle as BPs go.

What are you saying? that the skin isnt dry anymore after drying from cleansing because you have been using that lotion before or because you apply it right after?

Part of how BP works is by flaking the skin and peeling out plugs. It's not just an unwanted side-effect, but part of how it works. It also kills the acne bacteria.

I think it is because of the drying effect.

Guest WhiteWater

What are you saying? that the skin isnt dry anymore after drying from cleansing because you have been using that lotion before or because you apply it right after?

I think it is because of the drying effect.

Brandy is right, it is the way BP works (along with oxidating P. Acnes), but because I manually exfoliate, chemically exfoliate and artificially replace sebum and other skin oils with petrolatum, I do not have xerosis. Xerosis is dry skin, a side effect of BP, so I use the treatment for xerosis which is exfoliation and good moisturization!