Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

2 weeks post tane - not clear and skin seems to be getting oily?

It's been 2 weeks since I finished tane, still breaking out, and my skin seems to be slightly oily when I touch it.. Is it actually worth waiting the 2 months to see if anything happens or is it safe to say it hasn't worked?

It's been 2 weeks since I finished tane, still breaking out, and my skin seems to be slightly oily when I touch it.. Is it actually worth waiting the 2 months to see if anything happens or is it safe to say it hasn't worked?

Why would it start working two months afterwards? :rolleyes:

It seems to be a fact that Accutane doesn't work at all.

I was on 6 months as well and got the biggest damn cysts 2 weeks post Tane and use Retin A daily since and it still developed. The oil has returned and at the 2 week post Tane mark also. I still look better than I did before I took it but if the oil gets any worse Im gonna back on the stuff.

What dose was you on? Are you on a topical? When you finished it did you express your concerns to your doc. that you werent clear by the end? Go back to your doc. and see what can be done.

Why would it start working two months afterwards? :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I meant. It is said that you can continue to see improvements in your skin for 2 months after accutane.

I was on 6 months as well and got the biggest damn cysts 2 weeks post Tane and use Retin A daily since and it still developed. The oil has returned and at the 2 week post Tane mark also. I still look better than I did before I took it but if the oil gets any worse Im gonna back on the stuff.

What dose was you on? Are you on a topical? When you finished it did you express your concerns to your doc. that you werent clear by the end? Go back to your doc. and see what can be done.

Month 1 - 30mg

Month 2 - 40mg

Month 3 - 40mg

Month 4 - 60mg

Month 5 - 60mg

Month 6 - 60mg

That's counting a month as 28 days. I weighed 60kg when I started tane.

Not on any topical, just washing twice a day at the moment. I can't go back to the derm until my next appointment which is in 2-3 months. That is the soonest I could get.

What do you base that fact on? I for sure has experinced severe dryness so it definelty works in some way. And many has cured their acne with it.