Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Do you ever get unbearable cravings?

I really think i'm not normal. Like, there has to be something wrong with me. Ever since I was diagnosed with rosacea, i've been living on a diet of practically nothing. I've had to give up so many foods I love, the sun, hot baths, so many things I used to take for granted. Ok, moving on ..

My favorite thing i'm allowed to eat is what I have for breakfast every morning. A bowl of oatmeal with blueberries mixed in. I make a relatively large bowl too. Perhaps bigger than I should, but i've always been a big eater. But it's NEVER enough. And for the rest of the day, I crave more oatmeal. But I limit myself to only one bowl a day of course, since I think two is just going overboard.

Is there some medical reasoning why I long for oatmeal so much? I know this is a silly question, and you're probably thinking "Why does it matter to her?" but the cravings are just so intense. It's ridiculous.

Think of cravings as a slope that reaches a maximum point. If you are able to beat this maximum point, then the cravings will drop and you will no longer crave this food/drink. You will eventually hate it. I used to drink coke all the time. When I quit I had terrible cravings where I would hallucinate and my stomach would feel different. I now can't stand the drink. Keep fighting Jaymi and you will win! :D Case closed.

:ninja:

<---- gets the most intense unbearable cravings

I think its probably because i'm on birth control :lol: but I swear, I dream about pizza and breadsticks and fries and tacos, etc. Usually i'm pretty good at avoiding things like chips and instead eat snacks like apples, grapes, bananas, low fat wheat thins, etc.. and for a while, i'd have a bowl of salad for supper each day... for breakfast i'd have raisin bran.

NOW all of a sudden... i'm having fruit loops constantly, potato chips with dip, tons of mint chocolate chip icecream, lots of soda crackers, tons of chocolate, pizza, etc. :lol: save me from the monster i've become.

I just can't imagine what you two girls are going to be like when you are pregnant... you'll be craving things out of the ordinary.

Chocolate? Sometimes I get cravings for things, but things i like... like uh, fruit :lol: chocolate...

I just can't imagine what you two girls are going to be like when you are pregnant... you'll be craving things out of the ordinary.

Chocolate? Sometimes I get cravings for things, but things i like... like uh, fruit :lol: chocolate...

I know Elizabeth can't make up her mind, that whore. First it was Commodore Norrington, then Will, then Jack, now Will again.

She'll end up with Jack, eventually. I know it.

I know Elizabeth can't make up her mind, that whore. First it was Commodore Norrington, then Will, then Jack, now Will again.

Guest ~Wolfy~

Food cravings can be a symptom of deficiencies. Probably usually are.

People with acne are usually deficient in zinc, magnesium, chromium and a few other things.

There's magnesium in potato, so a craving for chips might be that (although on the other hand salt and fat probably are kinda moreish as well though LOL).

About two weeks ago I recently started taking magnesium supplements and I feel much better for it; it seems to have an anti-inflammatory effect on me and I'm hoping this will translate into less acne (it seems to be working so far, but it's very early days).

I used to be having massive cravings for chocolate- it turns out that chocolate has lots of magnesium in it, and my skin broke out. Dunno if there's a real link though or if so which way around it is.

Food cravings can be a symptom of deficiencies. Probably usually are.

People with acne are usually deficient in zinc, magnesium, chromium and a few other things.

There's magnesium in potato, so a craving for chips might be that (although on the other hand salt and fat probably are kinda moreish as well though LOL).

About two weeks ago I recently started taking magnesium supplements and I feel much better for it; it seems to have an anti-inflammatory effect on me and I'm hoping this will translate into less acne (it seems to be working so far, but it's very early days).

I used to be having massive cravings for chocolate- it turns out that chocolate has lots of magnesium in it, and my skin broke out. Dunno if there's a real link though or if so which way around it is.

Yes this happens to me everyday. I probably eat more sweets than I do healthy food :( I think we do it to fill a void in our lives. At least I do. I eat a lot when Im depressed

Guest j3ff86

Yeah sometimes I get a huge craving for soda (which I quit a couple years ago), and I usually just give in :doh:

Cravings for sugar and carbs can mean you have an overgrowth of sugar-loving bacteria in your gi tract. You have to starve it to get rid of it, which pretty much means eating low-carb; paleo, anti-candida, etc.

BTW, getting rid of it could cure your acne, and/or rosacea.

This is coming from a former acne-suffering, carb addict. Both are gone now.

I sooooo have cravings todayy :(:(

i so want to go and have a bar of heaven chocolate or a oreo wafer bar , as well as a packet of chips. gosh its so hard.

i pick up the actual bar or packet and look at it then put it back in the cupboard/fridge lol.

anyone have any tips on how i can help my cravings?

Cravings for sugar and carbs can mean you have an overgrowth of sugar-loving bacteria in your gi tract. You have to starve it to get rid of it, which pretty much means eating low-carb; paleo, anti-candida, etc.

See, I would stop eating oatmeal, but everytime I do I start getting bruises all over my legs. It's really strange.

I've already given up so many foods because of rosacea .. oatmeal is one of the only things I have left :( Last week I went for 4 days without eating oatmeal, and I was still experiencing my rosacea symptoms (burning pain). Would I have to go loner without oatmeal before I noticed a difference?

Me too Walter! Isn't it the best breakfast? Also, my face is completely clear right now. Sometimes i'll get a few zits, but I don't think my face is breaking out from the oatmeal that I eat every single day.

Yeah if I get wild blueberries (the smaller ones that aren't as sweet) then i'll add some honey to it. Or agave nectar.

See, I would stop eating oatmeal, but everytime I do I start getting bruises all over my legs. It's really strange.

I've already given up so many foods because of rosacea .. oatmeal is one of the only things I have left :( Last week I went for 4 days without eating oatmeal, and I was still experiencing my rosacea symptoms (burning pain). Would I have to go loner without oatmeal before I noticed a difference?

I sooooo have cravings todayy :(:(

i so want to go and have a bar of heaven chocolate or a oreo wafer bar , as well as a packet of chips. gosh its so hard.

i pick up the actual bar or packet and look at it then put it back in the cupboard/fridge lol.

anyone have any tips on how i can help my cravings?