Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TESTSUBJECT

Is the DKR cleaner enough

Is this really all you need for your face & chest & back even say after a long hard day working outside, or at the beach, or after the gym? :think:

Then use a regular body wash for the rest of ya??

Also is me or is it hard to lose the washcloth.............. :redface:

yes, dan's cleanser by itself is enough for your entire body after a sweaty day. the washcloth is okay too, just don't go attacking your body with it.

i noticed you wrote a post in the dkr forum too about using a couple different medications in conjunction with one another. i would keep it to one. i know you're not overly dry, but you could really mess up your skin continuing to use multiple products over a long period of time. oh, and with moisturizer? yes, use moisturizer if you're using any sort of medication. it helps balance out your skin. even if you have oily skin, the medication dries out the top layer, and you have to re-hydrate.

yes, dan's cleanser by itself is enough for your entire body after a sweaty day. the washcloth is okay too, just don't go attacking your body with it.

i noticed you wrote a post in the dkr forum too about using a couple different medications in conjunction with one another. i would keep it to one. i know you're not overly dry, but you could really mess up your skin continuing to use multiple products over a long period of time. oh, and with moisturizer? yes, use moisturizer if you're using any sort of medication. it helps balance out your skin. even if you have oily skin, the medication dries out the top layer, and you have to re-hydrate.

I am no longer mixing things, tossing the clindamycin out.

All BP, just not sure if overdoing it by using a BP wash and then using BP gel afterwards.

I actually was prescribed differen for my face too,....This was almost $400 for one months supply (minocycline, brevoxyl, differen, & clindamycin) :shock:

That is why I was sparingly using the presription stuff.....while noticing the over the counter BP's were working as well or better. I used acnefree's kit for two months prior to the trip to the dermatologist and it seemed to be helping a lot too.

The clindamycin seemed to help but if the regimin works it I am all for it, simpler and cheaper! :clap: .

Perhaps I'm not understanding your question correctly, but Dan's cleanser alone will not clear your acne. It is not medicated with any acne fighting ingredients. You will likely still need the benzoyl peroxide to get the acne under control.

But, having said that, it is a good gentle cleanser that is safe to use all over your body if you want to. Was that what you meant?

I was just asking if the DKR cleanser was enough to clean the skin after a hard day of sweating and getting dirty. Or would a liquid soap then the DKR cleanser be better.

Then I would apply the BP & lotions as normal....

I was just asking if the DKR cleanser was enough to clean the skin after a hard day of sweating and getting dirty. Or would a liquid soap then the DKR cleanser be better.

Then I would apply the BP & lotions as normal....

Oh, yea it will get your skin clean, no problem.