Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have had face & body Acne for over 10 years now and the last 5 years my face has gotten better naturally back body worsend. Face --Mild Chest/back--Moderate+

Anyway finally went to see a derm. after years of nothing over the counter really working. But i never stuck with anything for more than 1-2 months.

I currently have been on a Brevoxyl wash 8% and clindamicyn topical 2x's/day plus 100mg minocycline 2x's day. I was however trying to use some 10% BP in the evening instead of the clindamycin.

I have been doing this now for three months and have cleared up a lot. Anyway I am going to stop the clindamycin(too expensive) and follow the regimin 100% w/ the minocycline but only 1x/day.

So my plan is and have been doing like this for 1 week (skin looks fine and not over dry):

- cleanse with DK wash --2x's/day

- wash with the brevoxyl --2x's/day

- DK 2.5% BP

- AHA (evening)

- cetaphil lotion (morning)

-minocycline evening.

Should I cut out the Brevoxyl or leave it in there until I see 100% clearing. I don't seem to be over dry......

Any suggestions?

I've also been washing my hair with Selsun Blue (the one with sulfur compounds/derivatives). Since I started doing that, I have noticed that my back and arms are clearing up a lot. Currently, no active lesions on the arms, one or two on the back, and lots and lots of red marks. I don't let it sit on my skin for long, just kind of use it as a bodywash. I've also been exfoliating my face daily or every other day. My whole body at least every third day. That might have helped, too by preventing clogged pores. I'm exfoliating with a baby brush.

That's my only other suggestion, since BP doesn't have much of an exfoliating effect. I was skeptical about exfoliating with a baby brush, but geez, it has helped me.

Since the Brevoxyl is a wash and doesn't stay on the skin, it might not be too irritating in combo with the regimen. I don't know as I am not on the regimen.