Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilakroses

erythromycin benzoyl peroxide (benzamycin)

im am currently using erythromycin benzoyl peroxide

the problem was is that i cant wear it in the morning cause the solution is chunky

so when i put it on it looks like i was playing with glue on my hand and put it on my face

so i cant go outside with it on

im wodering if its sopose to be chunkie

i cant blend it to my skin to make it disapear it just stays on like that

all chunky on my face

also the worst part is that i was not told to put this in the fridge and i didnt read the instruction when i got it i just simply opened it and closed it and put it away the next day i read the instructions on how to aply and i had to mix the ingredients( it had no pouder to mix it looked mixed already i mixed it up it stayed looking chunkie and i put it on the fridge

so is it sopose to be chunky?

is my solution messed up?

can i go back to the pharmacy and ask them if they can switch it

is it possible to switch it?

how is it on yalls skin is it how i described when you put it on?

Yes it is chunky. You need to use much less of the product if it is staying chunky on your face. You can try stirring it every few days but other than that, just use less of it so you can rub it in. If you see a white film on your face after you apply it, you have used too much. I am guilty of this at times. Oh, and you need to keep it in the refrigerator to maintain its effectiveness.

All you need to do, use a non-metalic stirring object and give it a good mix, as the pharmacists doesnt have time to mix it properly.

What i mean, is that before you get it from the pharmacist, s/he adds the BP and erytromycin to an alcohol solution and mixes it, but obv s/he dont have time to mix it properly, so you need to continue mixing it once your home to even out the consistancy.

When i was on benzamycin, the pharmacists just gave me it unprepared as he knew i didnt mind mixing it, plus it saved him time.

Just mix it with something non-metallic (like a glass rod-stirrer, plastic spoon ect) reason for this is because metal is actually very reactive and could cause a reaction in benzamycin (woo my A level chemisrty knowledge coming out there)

but yeah, its a simple procedure and should take you no longer than 5 mins.

I didnt have anything to mix it with so I sterilized a [metal] hairpin with rubbing alcohol and rubbed that in. Is my mix bad now? I only did it once for a littel bit.

I think mine was chunky too when I was on it. I found out I was allergic to it.

All you need to do, use a non-metalic stirring object and give it a good mix, as the pharmacists doesnt have time to mix it properly.

What i mean, is that before you get it from the pharmacist, s/he adds the BP and erytromycin to an alcohol solution and mixes it, but obv s/he dont have time to mix it properly, so you need to continue mixing it once your home to even out the consistancy.

didnt have anything to mix it with so I sterilized a [metal] hairpin with rubbing alcohol and rubbed that in. Is my mix bad now? I only did it once for a littel bit.

I don't really like this type of BP as well. After I put a layer of it on my face, it looks like you have a white mask on. By the way, if it's past the expiration date does it still work? I have a new box but I've just been using one that has expired over 5 days ago, to finish it off. But I don't think the expired one is working anymore, my skin was drying really quickly from it before it was expired and now I put it on It just feels like a mask and nothing more.

Anyone get weird remarks from people you live in when you put it on?

I don't really like this type of BP as well. After I put a layer of it on my face, it looks like you have a white mask on. By the way, if it's past the expiration date does it still work? I have a new box but I've just been using one that has expired over 5 days ago, to finish it off. But I don't think the expired one is working anymore, my skin was drying really quickly from it before it was expired and now I put it on It just feels like a mask and nothing more.

Anyone get weird remarks from people you live in when you put it on?