Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Or is it really uncurable? Acne has been around for thousands of years, and with todays technology the best thing they can come up with is topical creams and a medicine that causes more trouble and has a higher downside then upside? It just doesn't make any sense. Is it really IMPOSSIBLE to heal? Have not enough people got depression and killed themselves over this yet? Can't they create a simple pill that stops keratin? or a simple face treatment that keeps pores clean enough not to allow cystic acne, or a simple "shot" or pill without a million "common side affects" that are more like definite side affects then common side affects? WHY?

Sorry, just had to vent.

actually, the way you describe accutane is not correct, for most people the advantages outweigh the side-effects. but you're right it's not ideal. this is the case for most medications however, so many diseases can only be suppressed and not cured, no matter how advanced our technology seems, we're only humans and most progress in the field of medicine is a case of trial and error. we're only matter, anything can go wrong any day, life is a bitch, get over it.

The skin is one of the most complex organs in the human body. It's going to be difficult to cure. But hopefully soon enough, when Bush gets out of office, we'll be able to use stem cells in research in the U.S.A and our doctors can start research. I bet we'll find cures to so many things.

Everyone's acne has individual causes, so it would be hard to create a drug that would cure everyone. Accutane is the closest thing thus far, I think.

The skin is one of the most complex organs in the human body. It's going to be difficult to cure. But hopefully soon enough, when Bush gets out of office, we'll be able to use stem cells in research in the U.S.A and our doctors can start research. I bet we'll find cures to so many things.

Everyone's acne has individual causes, so it would be hard to create a drug that would cure everyone. Accutane is the closest thing thus far, I think.

I really hope the next president allows stem cell research. Even just using the cells from umbilical cords would be better than not having it. I've read somewhere that they were able to use stem cells to repair a mouse's spinal cord and it regained use of its hind legs. Imagine what they could do for humans -- it blows my mind.

P.S. Please don't flame me if you're against stem cell research :shifty:

Guest The Effendi

People just don't study it enough, they don't take it seriously, like "oh it's just

a skin problem". It can be really debilitating though. Maybe somebody from

here will have a breakthrough one day ;)

Stem cells....

Or you can hope for the 2nd coming of Messiah.

Jesus cured the sick and turned water to wine. Maybe hell cure acne when comes back. Hopefully the drug companies don't crucify him again.

If there is a magic pill out there it wont be on the market. Acne makes plenty of money for drug companies.

my theory- there's already a cure out there. just like there is with cancer. the thing is if you give out the cure, you no longer make money off the thousands of bullshit products that are supposed to help with your acne.

accutane is the closest to a cure they'll let us have. 90% success rate.

my theory- there's already a cure out there. just like there is with cancer. the thing is if you give out the cure, you no longer make money off the thousands of bullshit products that are supposed to help with your acne.

accutane is the closest to a cure they'll let us have. 90% success rate.

Yeah... exactly, if there was a cure for acne, they would NEVER tell us. Why? Because imagine how much money dermatologists would loose.... all those hundreds of acne companies.. etc.

Yeh just take accutane as soonest you can. So you can get rid of the scars and questions about your skin not to mention the humiliation and absent from school if you have ever been absent....

accutane is incredible, i just wished those stupid ass derms would have given it @ the right time.

Guest The Effendi

Conspiracies...............I totally dig it, for real.

Guest Cubsfan

acne is not curable but I believe acne is preventable through nutrition (organic whole foods). yeah i know....blah blah blah

Acne is natural and somethings that are natural u can't stop but u can beat it down UNTIL IT DIES MWUAHASDHGSGMWUAHGHSDGJKSG

Maybe there will be a cure when the lot of us are nothing more than dust in the ground? A comforting thought, no?

Call me crazy but acne is curable. I don't want send anyone on an ocd trip but I had bad acne and I finally realized after 7 years I was doing the wrong things to treat my skin. I changed everything I was doing and now I'm 99% clear! It makes me sick to think of how I believed those acne products would help me when they actually caused my skin to get fucked up!

Call me crazy but acne is curable. I don't want send anyone on an ocd trip but I had bad acne and I finally realized after 7 years I was doing the wrong things to treat my skin. I changed everything I was doing and now I'm 99% clear! It makes me sick to think of how I believed those acne products would help me when they actually caused my skin to get fucked up!