Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm about to go on Accutane next week and had a couple questions. I'm not an avid pot smoker and I rarely drink, but:

a) Is it pretty safe to smoke while on Tane, and can the blood tests pick it up?

b) What have you all experienced when drinking while on Tane?

Thanks guy. :)

Well 2 put it politely...my liver is screwed...im off tane n i still carnt drink alcohol coz my liver levels r sky high..this all happend after i drank one two many smirnoff double blacks on australia day.

it realli sux havin 2 stay sober at all the bday partays that keep poppin up n im only 18..so yea i'd say its best to b on the safe side n dont drink, jus my personal opinion!

I wasnt warned not to drink...I used to go to parties all the time...I noticed I got drunk much easier and was so drunk I passed out unconcious lol...this was after only 5 drinks or so..

I also spent loads of time in the sun.. I did loads of things I didnt know not to do....I was even taking a multivitamin high in Vitamin A and E...didnt moisturise until the 2nd month. took

Oh well...that was over 3 years ago.

Im guessing I should still do some kind of liver flush but cant be bothered finding out how or getting it organised.

I smoked lots of weed and drank a fair bit of alcohol during my course, my blood tests were absolutely fine. One of the nurses actually said they were better than normal.

any other potheads on accutane? I smoke alot of weed everyday and im about to go on tane,should i tell my derm I smoke alot? :shifty:

I have been smoking a fair amount since going on accutane and actually have found myself enjoying it a lot more since starting accutane coincidence ? maybe. Try not to drink. After a few incidents of winding up black out drunk while on it I have given up the booze till I am off the medication despite the fact my liver numbers have all come back fine and dandy. I wouldn't worry about mentioning it to your derm. good luck

Done both and have been fine. I guess you just have to make sure you don't overdo it. Actually I've heard a rumor that beer helps lower the bad cholesterol levels... :eh: