Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yeah this is going to sound weird probably, does anyone make their own makeup or know how to? its too expensive to buy regularily...just wondering if theres some other way

hi, i have no clue how to make it but....Almay from wal mart makes great make up (its oil free, non codmegenic and all that good stuff) its about 8 or 9 $ a bottle but its worth it and lasts a long time if u use it sparingly...the Almay powder is about 7 or 8 $ and it also lasts a while...3 or 4 months...its not good to keep makeup over 3 or 4 months anways...so really, thats not a lot of $$...u just have to use it wisely !

yeah this is going to sound weird probably, does anyone make their own makeup or know how to? its too expensive to buy regularily...just wondering if theres some other way

I know how to make lipbalm, lipgloss, tint, face toner, face mask, and couple other things....but let me tell you one truth...they are more expensive than just go to drugstore and buy some decent cosmetic. You can't make foundation and makeup powder anyway.

smile.gif As a licensed cosmetologist and makeup artist I personally feel that you need to stick with a brand that is fragrance free and oil free at the same time. I am a sufferer of cystic acne and until I found the newest Mary Kay foundation everything else made my condition worse. It is oil free and fragrance free. If you would like some free samples let me know and I can mail you some.

I don't know if this would help but i just read in a magazine that some makeup artists will take a concealer (heavier liquid cinsistency) and add a tiny amount of moisturizer and create a foundation. I tried it with Revlon Colorstay Concealer and oil-free moisturizer by DDF and it worked really well! But, if you do it everyday the amount of $$ you pay for a small amount of concealer might add up to the same amount you pay for regular foundation.

The only thing is consealors are so think they may clog pores....I used colorstay by Revolon before I found MK....Mary Kay product is cheaper and the product is 100% better because the color match is perfect, I usually get a 100% true color match with everyone I facial or do makeovers on....better than trying to match through the bottle.....just my opinion.....

biggrin.gif

Check out Amazon.com and see if they have any books on the subject. It's probably going to be fairly expensive to start out because you'll need a lot of ingredients at first.