Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey I have really bad acne and nothing has ever worked for it.I am very interested in getting accutane, but how much does it cost?also,can a regular doctor prescribe it?

thanks

Nope a regular doctor cannot prescribe Accutane. You will need to go to a dermatologist for it. No idea how much it costs.

it is quite pricey bro

u will wont insuracne to cover it

even accutane in mexico is expensive, hell it is expensive every country

I live in Canada. Health isnt free here. But we have OHIP, a discount service. My parents work for the government so Accutane is 100% free for me. But the price tags on it here are around 200 to 350 per 30 pills.

But even if i didnt have OHIP i would still pay for it. Screw everything you spend money on. At times like this, all you could wish for is a clean face, and you will get that with Accutane if you take it properly.

Actually, any general practitioner can prescribe accutane. Normally they don't however, as they will usually refer you to a derm first.

one word- BULLSHIT

i live in canada, got tired of products and regimes that can eat my ass so i got on the 'tane. It costs me 120 Canadian a month for 40mg/day(Roche Accutane). All I did was go to the local walk in clinic and told the doctor i want accutane and I'm gonna get it on way or another, so he prescribed to me so that I could do it in a safe fashion. A doctor has the right to prescribe you anything, so why wait and spend money on a derm visit.

Yes, any and every doctor can give the Rx for accutane.

It's covered under my parents insurance. I pay nothing for Rx drugs.

I called around and also got the same prices quoted to me as "acne_solider". About $120-140, for 40mg's.

Good luck

Ps, if you get your family doctor to give you a referral, then seeing the derm doesn't cost anything....

I was checking out my cost for the med. I take 40 mg tablets and require 45 per month. I pay 114.15 and insurance paid 330.35

My costs seem more expensive than others are quoting. sad.gif

I took two courses , now i am using at low dossage to treat oil. The first one it cost me 150 dollars per 30 pills of 20mg , my insurance did not cover it. The second course i bought it in pillsforall.com every package of 30x20mg cost me the half . Just a few insurance cover Accutane in Usa sad.gif

My Derm presribed me Differin. I didn't have insurance when I went to the Derm so I would have had to pay the total cost for all Medications.

I went to walgreen for the Differn and it was 99+dollars.

I wasn't too happy about my derm since he didn't address my main issues so I never ended up getting the Differin.

But if i was to get the Differin, I would buy it from a reputable online pharmacy. The 99 dollars seemed rather high for me so I researced prices online.

I found out that I could get the exact same Differin for under 40dollars online with free shipping.

This is what I advice you to do. If you get a prescription for Accutane, then see if you can buy it online.You will have to fax a copy of the prescription to the online pharmacy. They may require calling your Derm Doctor. Its just a tad bit more hassle but if Differin prices are anything to go by, you should end up saving a lot of money.

Search as many online pharmacies as possible for the best service, shipping fees and ofcourse price.