Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on the regimen for a long time, the skin's great, I know I'm using the right amounts (I even tried using less moisturizor), but I still have VERY oily skin. What is the best product (OTC or pres.) that simply helps the oiliness to calm down? Nothing very strong that burns the skin, too.

There's having a glow to your skin and having just plain oily skin.

I've started getting very oily skin after about 6 months finishing my accutane course. My skin is clear from acne but I would seriously rather had the odd spot than oily skin anyday.

Am thinking of starting accutane again, purely for the oily skin as nothing in the past has ever worked for it.

Use Shine control products....and before you're about to leave your house...pat your face gently with a CLEAN, DRY, towel....it'll get all the excess oils...

i have the same thing. my skin breaks out off and on, but my skin is so oily. i havent had much luck with over the counter stuff. cleansers wear off in 30minutes, and shine control products are crap.

normally i pat oil off with loose leaf paper or paper towels, but it leaves the skin dried out and seems to make me more oily in the end.

im seeing a derm tomarrow to see what if available, ill tell ya how it goes

Maybe start taking fish oils.. you could try patting some baby powder on the spots more prone to oil. It will help absorb it.

If you're a guy fish oil might help. There are some studies which show that topical niacinamide might reduce sebum output. If a derm lets you, you can go on accutane. Or high doses of b5 dries out the oil as well.