Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duncan

Duncans Regimen Log

Well after having a major bad skin day on christmas day i serched for acne cures and found this website, i'd been on some medication called oxy something (long name) anyway i started dan's regiem on the 26th december. I use tea tree oil facial wash, with oxy on the spot BP cream and a niva moisturising cream.

So far down along my skin is very dry after washing my face gets very red after applying the BP cream and sometimes it is a burning tingley feeling. I haven't really noticed that much change yet apart from i get bunched up white heads like 2 together instead of one massive one by itself any idea what thats called?

I'll update tommrow.

What Nivea cream are you using?

Is it "Nivea Soft",with Vitamin E and Jojoba oil?

Jojoba oil is excellent for acne.

Yes it is that one, Today i woke up and had like 4 whiteheads on my chin and one on my good cheek, is this the 1 week breakout im supposed to have? other than that i still have very dry skin after washing.

If your skin is naturally dry after washing then Dans regimen isnt the one for you and what your experiencing is somewhat like a slight blistering from the effects of the BP after washing.

When you apply BP and wash the next time after that ,your skin will tighten very very much,and seeing as you already have dry skin,this is causing you to break out more,and its most likely the BP is causing it.

Dans regimen should only be for people with Acne Vulgaris and an common acne skin thats oily and not dry after washing.

What you need is a very gentle facial cleanser and a light moisturiser.

The Nivea Cream is good but is a little heavy and leaves a shine on the face and a somewhat greasy look,but saying that the Jojoba oil is great for acne skin,so if your happy with how it looks on,stick with it.

I also have a very sensitive dry skin with acne.It gets very dry after washing and I have tried many washes to try and find the right balance that doesnt leave it tight and dry looking.

I think the best wash for your skin would be Zirh Clean and it can be got here : -

http://www.zirh.com/

Alternatively you could also use Allergenics Wash,which is dermatologically tested to not cause a reaction on the skin and is meant for people with easily irritated skin and its mild.

That can be got here :-

http://www.health-store.co.uk/acatalog/hea...rgenics_98.html

Also the emolient cream they have here is good to use as a moisturiser as again it wont cause a reaction on the skin.

I would advise anyway staying away from the BP and just stick to cleansing and moisturising.

Also whats the exact name of the medication your on?

My skin only started being dry after like 2 days of starting the regimen when i did normall wash before being on the regimen my skin wasn't dry at all. Yeah now when i wash and pat dry my face tightnens and then the skin drys out and goe's scally type and flaky, but thats just the BP doing that right?

The medication is oxytetracycline, im on 4 250mg tablets of it a day.

Ya,just be sure u use a moisturiser to combat that flakeyness.

Can look bad if left untreated.

I had an outbreak this morning the left side of my chin has just outbreaked into 2 fresh little whiteheads and the right side has about 3 sad.gif

Today's the same as yesturday :S but when im out in the cold for about an hour my face seems to turn purple like sad.gif any idea why this is?

Could be just from the cold weather.

The products your on are harsh on the skin so you'd be more vunerable to the cold in that department.

Maybe thats whats causing the discolouration.......

Yeah, it did look like i was some freaky person though anyway, it seems as if zits have gone like swictched sides of my face, the right hand side of my chin is now pretty clear and theres light red marks but the left side has had a little break out.

The big white head just dissapered about 15mins ago when i finished clensing my face i still have the big cyst on my left cheek and thats the main thing that turns purple in the cold.

Anyway my mom bought me some zinc tablets and some kind of clear skin tablets i'll write down the name of the product tommrow as i don't wanna go downstairs to get them.

Thanks for your support circle its greatly appricated biggrin.gif

Not much change i have 2 possible big whiteheads which will explode by the morning im sure, theres still about 4 tiny whiteheads on my chin. Oh and i increased the BP a bit more so my face is tingling slightly.

Its good to hear things are improving and any more questions,or anything u want to ask just do so.

Keep me posted wink.gif

Hey circle, ive got 2 live whitehead on the right side of my face but i think the cyst on the left is starting to come to a head, im thinking of getting some AHA as i dont get red spots just jucy whitehead heh, where do i get this from?

So my left side of my face has had no live zits for about a week but the right side to the right of my chin is outbreaking badly, and its starting to spread to the good side and im scared incase its going to outbreak my good side.

Im considering stopping the regimen and going back to normall. Where i just put tea tree oil on my active zits after all ive been booked into a derm, i got to wait 13 weeks till i see her. I think acutane may be my only answer.

I dont know much about AHA Duncan.

Exactly how bad is ur acne? You prob wont be prescribed Accutane until all else has failed,so you could probably be prescribed Minocin,Hostacycline,Vibrimicin etc.

I've just started using the Purpose Dual Treatment moisturiser and I find it to be the best I've tried yet as its quickly absorbed etc.

Very suitable for acne sufferers,but you prob knew that cause its one Dan recommended.

If your still using the Nivea,maybe u should stop that and try the purpose,you'll see an improvment.

Im gonna try E45? I have too many to count whiteheads right now its too depressing to count. The good sides starting to get attacked, fucking acne whats the point of carrying on the regimen its like my 4th week and its just got worse.

Ok so the outbreak has gone down but there is a big ass zit bubbling under my skin around bottm left of my chin, my girlfriend comes round after school tommrow i hope it doesn't come to a head untill after she leaves.

Ok so yesturday my skin was alright the big bulge on my chin came and is dying, theres another one above it and one on my right cheek. It's alright at the moment had a great time yesturday with my girl she made me forget all about it.

I've started Botchlas regimen and its alot milder than I thought.

Thats the Clean and Clear blackhead scrub and the continuos control.

Moisturiser recommended though if u think the continuous control is a bit much,but the blackhead scrub is the mildest Ive ever used.

Cool im going to stick to dans regimen, right now this morning when i woke up i have no active zits visable, just one under the left side of my chin which is not visable. [-o< Stay like this.

Hey Duncan,

Glad to hear things are improving! Couple of things to point out:

1) You could be breaking out because (and this is perfectly natural) you are slacking off following the routine perfectly. I usually spend a good 30 minutes every morning rubbing the BP in with 4 fingers, so that you can barely see the skin move underneath. You really need to do this if you want the BP to completely clear you. Make sure you do rub it in perfectly.

2) E45 is good but oily, I just got Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream and it's working wonders, makes your skin feel so nice.

3) Although I've given pointers about following the regimen, if it truly isn't working and you're following it exactly, speak to your derm again about Accutane.

Hope this helps mate.

Thanks, i have an apointment with the derm sometime before march? Im on some waiting list, so who knows.

So i had 3 white heads come up this morning but 2 came off when i dried my face after my morning shower? Anyway im sure i'll have another 2 by the morning. Im see'ing the derm on friday, my parents found out about the suicidal thoughts that acutane gives you so they say im not going on it if the derm offers it. Fuck that its my skin they don't understand.

Anyway yeah thanks for the responses circle.