Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hegs

Hegyes Accutane Blog

Hi my name is John and I came across this site today 2 weeks ago :D, and found it to be very intresting how we can treat acne. I 18 and have had acne for several years. I got my first set of blood work done 7 days ago been on accutane for 6 days :) starting at 20 mg.

I hope it works, because it seems like I have tried everything from Proactive, to Retin A to antibiotics and all the rest

Once I start on it, I will keep a journal on here, and hopefully can give some helpful advice and also receive some tips and tricks on how to deal with the dry skin etc that comes with it cheers ppl

Day 1:

Nothing new same ol face :P

Day 2: face was getting oiler? ( is that meant to happen?)

Day 3: Face has calmed down.. now break outs still oil

Day 4: Breaking out abit.. still oily skin :S

Day 5: Had a shave today skin still oily as all hell... no new break out JUST OILY

Day 6: Breaking out abit ... Oily face stilll wtf?, face is itchy also..

Should my face be so oily and itchy or is it just me.. dont think so

Hello! When I first started accutane, my face got much more oily for a good week or so...so yes, its normal...well unless its just me and you that has experienced this...but don't worry, it'll be like one day you'll wake up, and there will seriously be NO oil...not joking you! And lord yes does it itch. I know just about 3 weeks ago, I was off accutane for about a week and a half, and my oil started to coming back...and I itched and itched and omg, talk about annoying! And its just recently stopped itching...so...maybe that's it, if not, maybe its your face lotion. Who knows...just give it a bit of time, and go from there! Take care and best of luck on accutane!

<3 Jessica

Thank for stopping by Jessica <3 :wub: hehe :Pand reading my blog.. so today its more dry then it has been for the last few days still red and breaking out.. just gotta hold in there

Day 7: ok well this morning i woke with my face red and blushed.. and contiuning to out break :(... Face is really starting to dry out now even my legs and arms =\.. Post reply please :)

Hegs,

Definitely apply moisturizer to your dry arms and legs. If not, they'll get really dry and scaly. Most people on here, as well as myself, recommend Eucerin Calming Cream. I usually apply it morning and night after my showers. It's not greasy and works great, and I usually hate moisturizer.

Hope this helps and good luck.

thank man

Update: last 3 days skin has been drying ot alot lips are dry legs and arms are too.

Also a question should I shave each time when facial hair comes up or leave it be cause after i shave me face seems oily.. tell me what use think thank :)

Hello! lol Sorry, but cannot help you with the whole shaving question...lol but I can back up bateman on the Eucerin Calming cream for your itchy skin, its awesome...lol there is also a Eucerin Itch Relief Lotion that you can buy that calms the itching right away and make you feel good...it has a little mediciny smell to it, but it works so well, I do not care about that, I normally have to use it at bedtime anyhow, so who cares...lol :whistle: Good Luck!!

Take Care,

<3 Jessica

Hegs,

About the shaving. Unfortunately I have to shave every morning (before work), but my skin hasn't been too effected by it. After I shave, though, my skin is very dry rather than oily and I get a small red irritated patch on each cheek. I use Nivea for Men after shave cream or something like that and it fixes my skin right up. This probably doesn't help, but what the hell.