Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have to get a sunscreen asap cuz im going to grandmas house in the country where all you do is ride a bike outside. since i am constantly outdoors i am going to bake :surprised: . for some reason my face tans very dark in a short amount of time but my body takes a while so i wear sunblock on my face to even it out.

ive also noticed that sunscreen breaks me out a hundred times more than moisturizer :shrug: so i need some help you guys!!

what sunscreen do u use?

does it break you out ?

thanx u! :)

I have the same problem plus I am allergic to most chemical sunscreen ingredients.

I read that the physical sunscreens (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) are ladened with moisturizing ingredients in order to make them smoother, easier to apply and look less powdery (as they are actually forms of rocks that are micronized).

To date, I haven't found a sunscreen that doesn't break me out or makes my skin very oily an hour after application. However, I did come across this: http://shop.beautysurg.com/index.asp?PageA...amp;strCompare= It's a sunscreen made of water and pure titanium dioxide, so it doesn't have all those nasty moisturizing ingredients. I haven't tried it myself as they only ship to U.S. addresses.

Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 60. It's one of the few that doesn't sting my skin and it does not break me out. The new formula (XL) is very light (much lighter than the old version) and not greasy at all.

I use Neutrogena Ultra-Dry Sheer Touch in SPF 55 (I may have gotten the words of the name mixed up, it's long, sorry :lol:). I don't notice it being extra white like some complain, as I'm basically white myself, but I've heard great things about the SPF 30 in particular.

a lot of DRs. recommend this.. skinceutical UV defense SPF 30. one of my VERYVERYVERY few HGs.

i guess its a little bit expensive but its so worth my money. plus, its free shipping in 2 days at dermstore=]

Check out everday minerals. They have Sunscreen Finishing Powders with a SPF of 30 and only 4 INGREDIENTS!! Mica, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Dimethicone.

Check out everday minerals. They have Sunscreen Finishing Powders with a SPF of 30 and only 4 INGREDIENTS!! Mica, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Dimethicone.

thanks guys! i see im not the only one with a sunblock issue. a lot of these suggestions look awesome, especially the first one w/ a link. The thing is im pretty much flat broke, and im leaving tomorrow so i have to pick something up at cvs.

anybody had good experiences with cheap drugstore sunscreen?

i know it broke me out a lot, but also i didnt know much about acne so i didnt neccesarily buy "oil free" "non comedogenic' etc...

a lot of DRs. recommend this.. skinceutical UV defense SPF 30. one of my VERYVERYVERY few HGs.

i guess its a little bit expensive but its so worth my money. plus, its free shipping in 2 days at dermstore=]

i use neutrogena ultra-sheer dry touch sunblock with spf 45. it doesnt seem to break me out and it isn't greasy and doesnt look shiny on my face. it would probably be at cvs (i got mine at walgreens) and pretty cheap. but dont buy cvs brand sunscreen or something..it would probably be pretty gross and might make you break out.

I visited the derm yesterday and asked the same question! I'm going to the beach for Memorial Day weekend (hello hat and sunscreen!) so needed a suggestion. I asked him what I could use that is a) inexpensive, b) powerful, and c) won't make me break out. His immediate response was, "I haven't found any sunscreen that doesn't cause at least some degree of break out." Swell. He said what he found that works best in his clinical experience is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen. He gave me a little sample size of it in SPF 55. I tried it, just to see how it felt, smelled, etc., and it seemed quite nice. I noticed a few others in here suggested it as well. My derm friend told me that he recommends it to his patients also, and says that regardless of what you use, you should make sure it covers both UVA and UVB light. Hope that helps!

yay! :wub: guys!

tomorrow i am picking up my neutrogena oil free ultra sheer dry touch sunscreen! :dance:

ill probly opt for spf 45 so ill still tan.

this thread will be updated in about a week and ill tell you if the stuff breaks me out.

im feeling pretty confident though since a lot of u have suggested it plus a derm

( asader83 that was very valuable info :gimme: )

me gonna grab meself a tube of this neutrogena sunscreen asap!!!!! prolly the spf30 one cuz i don't need that much sun protection.

yay! :wub: guys!

tomorrow i am picking up my neutrogena oil free ultra sheer dry touch sunscreen! :dance:

ill probly opt for spf 45 so ill still tan.

this thread will be updated in about a week and ill tell you if the stuff breaks me out.

im feeling pretty confident though since a lot of u have suggested it plus a derm

( asader83 that was very valuable info :gimme: )

I like the spray on suncreen. There is lotion-like spray on and liquid spray on. I like the liquid, its clear and sets in very quickly. I think mine is in a blue bottle, hmmm I'm think coppertone and it has "Sport" in the name.

I like it because I don't feel like I'm adding yet another layer of stuff on my face (BP, lotion, more lotion sometimes, 2-3 layers of makeup). That's a lot of layers!

My tinted moisturizer has SPF 30 and it looks and feels really nice on the skin. I use Lancome Bienfait tinted moisturizer in Naturale 1.

I agree about the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer or Dry Touch Sunscreens.....they have high SPF's (one I have is 55, the other is 70) and they also have UVA protection that is pretty much the highest you can get in the US with chemical sunscreens. They have a patented way of protecting and stabilizing avobenzone, which isn't usually very photostable.........the UVA protection lasts for a few hours....opposed to about 90 minutes........

Recently L'Oreal has been able to use Mexoryl SX .....it's under the LaRoche-Posay line and it's called Anthelios SX.... octocrylene protects against UVB rays.....avobenzone protects against long UVA rays and is stabilized by octocrylene..... then Mexoryl SX, that is more photostable and bridges the gap between the absorbtion spectrums of octocrylene and avobenzone......It's approved by the FDA for use as sunscreen in America....and of course it's pateneted by L'Oreal.....expect to pay about 30$ for it in the US......

Other countries especially in Europe have the PPD rating and Boots in the UK uses the star system to determine UVA protection....some of the Boots sunscreens are great too.....they use something called Optisol in their sunscreens. It's a very photostable titanium dioxide that contains a small amount of manganese.....which gives it a beige color, and boots it's UVA absorbtion to be even greater then zinc oxide......plus it also absorbs UVB too.....

Because of differences in drug labeling and regulations tween the US and the UK, we can't get Boots sunscreens in the US unless we get time off ebay......I can't even order them off the Boots website......I can imagine in other parts of Europe it's easier to get Boots sunscreens.

They sell Boots products in Target here, but none of them have sunscreens....it's a shame really...

Hopefully soon the US, the UK and Europe will be on the same page when it comes to sunscreens......

ahhh that's interesting about Boots sunscreen!

Last year in the UK, consumer protection organisation Watchdog did tests on the major suncreens in the UK to determine what their REAL SPF was.

Boots was one of the ones which exagerated their claims. An SPF 15 turned out to only have an 8.6 SPF.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/news...nscreen-testing

The more expensive brands like Garnier's Ambre Solaire did best.

you should check out Colorescience Sunforgettables. Its a POWDER sunscreen that you brush on. I love it cuz I can use it over my mineral makeup and it doesn't rub it off. its also very water resistant. its pricey for the first one (with a retractable brush), but the refills are cheaper. One container lasts a very long time since I only use this on my face (and sometimes back)

if you buy from skinstore.com you can return it after 30 days if you don't like it.

www.colorescience.com

www.skinstore.com

you should check out Colorescience Sunforgettables. Its a POWDER sunscreen that you brush on. I love it cuz I can use it over my mineral makeup and it doesn't rub it off. its also very water resistant. its pricey for the first one (with a retractable brush), but the refills are cheaper. One container lasts a very long time since I only use this on my face (and sometimes back)

if you buy from skinstore.com you can return it after 30 days if you don't like it.

www.colorescience.com

www.skinstore.com

ok update :P

i got a tube of neutrogena dry touch spf 30 and spent a week lying in the sun at grammys house. :w00t: I LUVS THE STUFF! it didnt break me out at all, felt really good/powdery to apply and my face tanned a light gold color that im very very satisfied with. (normally it tans about 5 shades darker than my body, then turns dull/gray and peels)

the tube cost 11dollars and i got it at rite aid. thanx again 4 the good advice!