Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CookieCrumbles

Food recommendations

I was wondering what you guys ate for breakfast? I've always had trouble figuring out what would be good and healthy and quick in the morning (other than eggs). Especially if you are watching your sugar and wheat intake - any tips would be great.

Also, salad dressing. I want to start eating at least one salad a day at lunchtime...gotta get more greens into me...but what kind of dressing would actually be healthy? Originally I heard Olive Oil with a few seasonings in it was great, but then I found out it has tons of Omega 6 in it, and as I"m going to be going on Omega 3 supplements soon I don't want to do anything to negate any positive affects if I can help it. Balsamic vinaigrette maybe? Or any homemade recipes you'd be willing to share?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to healthy eating, so this message board helps me a lot. Thanks!

breakfast: 1-2 cups of oats cooked with 1 scoop whey powder and 1 chopped apple

as for salads i just chop them up and sprinkle some herb seasonings (no salt) or a teaspoon of butter

I usually make a green drink from my juicer for breakfast. I put in lettuce or spinach (or other greens) with carrots. :cool:

salad dressings. I reccomend lemon juice

For breakfast I have a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries mixed in. I don't know if everyone would reccomend this, but it's one of the only things I can eat that doesn't aggravate my rosacea.

And for a salad dressing, i've always used extra virgin olive oil.

Originally I heard Olive Oil with a few seasonings in it was great, but then I found out it has tons of Omega 6 in it, and as I"m going to be going on Omega 3 supplements soon I don't want to do anything to negate any positive affects if I can help it. Balsamic vinaigrette maybe? Or any homemade recipes you'd be willing to share?

Balsamic viniagrette implies oil. You can try flax oil, which is high in omega 3s, but it goes rancid fast, so you have to use it up fast. Otherwise, olive oil is the best option for a viniagrette. Or you can try plain vinegar. Balsamic vinegar has sugar in it, BTW. You might want to try red wine vinegar.

Breakfast:

-Tuna & Oatmeal & Milk

-Weightgainer

-McDonald's Deluxe Breakfast

Today's Breakfast:

-0.5 lbs of grilled chicken, 1 english muffin with peanut butter, milk

Case closed.

:ninja: