Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tiger88

be fat or have acne ???

like 40 lbs over wieght or seveve acne?

i would take the 40 lbs since i know i could lose the 40 lbs and acne sometimes doesnt ever go away

being in good shape for most part is easy

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I brought up this topic a long time ago.

I'm not overweight although I do want to reduce my body fat percentage.

I think I'm about 10-15 lbs overweight, but that's almost like general population.

I used to have moderate-severe acne (at least in my opinion), which left me lots of nice scars, but I've taken some measures like smoothbeams to smoothen it out a little bit. I notice that I think scars don't really mean that much to people, so I'm coming to terms with that more and more. If my face won't be 100% scar free (which I KNOW it won't) I'll be ok with it.

I think as you grow 'older' having acne scars shouldn't be as big of a deal as you were growing up (either for you or others who see you), if you could get over the earlier trauma. Takes years...but the psychological effect is possible to overcome.

shallow scars look pretty good when we r older

u don't want to be a nice fluffy smooth skin pretty boy u r old

in like in your 30 40s

40s or so looking like that is weird

Whats the point of a question like this? Both are equally undesirable...

What would you rather have ? Brain cancer or aids?

:-k

having never been fat i wouldn't know. i must say though i prolly have one of the worst diets ever, yet i have pretty fast metabolism, so i've never had to diet... but i think the severity of the acne is what matters. mild acne and be thing? yeah that's fine, cystic acne everywhere and be thin? no way for me i'd rather be rocking the boat. i think dieting would be pretty damn hard though, unless say.. you isoalted yourself from society in a forest for a year.

Guest fatman_uk
Whats the point of a question like this? Both are equally undesirable...

What would you rather have ? Brain cancer or aids?

:-k

yeah so you think, then you would have about 20 pounds of excess skin which you would need to have surgically removed.

Yeah... I was 50 lbs. overweight and had severe acne. It really sucked to say the least lol. I would say that both are about equal, though being overweight is much more traumatizing. People started treating me completely differently after I lost the acne and weight (which was at the same time), but I think it was mostly due to the weight loss, because my acne has come back a bit and people still treat me about the same as when I was skinny and clear. I know it may seem that acne would be like a billion times worse because it isn't your fault, but nor is obesity. I've gotten negative comments about both my skin and weight, and been ridiculed for each even by my own family. Each equally make you want to hull yourself under your bed and never come out. I guess I would not pick either one over the other for being worse/better because they are both equally scarring. A lot of people don't understand the effect obesity has on the psyche, but for me, at least, it was similar to acne. So both are really crappy. sad.gif

Well, better to be fat and have acne than be a mass murderer...or is it 8-[ :roll: ...LOL this topic is lame...but entertaining biggrin.gif

I agree, very entertaining. Needed a good laugh today! :lol: Uummm? I choose fat. Yeah, it can be equally as scarring but at least there is a cure!

I was very overweight after I had my 3rd daughter-people do treat you differently, but I worked out and worked it off. At least you know when you do a and b that over time c happens. And if that doesn't work you can get stappled! biggrin.gif

thats an easy answer, fat of course. At least you can do something about being fat.....people with severe acne may not be able to treat it at all.