Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xec

Question for the Fish Oil Experts

I take Carlson's Fish Oil [Liquid form]. The teaspoon serving contains 1.6g of omega 3's. I, however, take a tablespoons worth daily. What is your estimate as to how much omega 3's are in a tablespoon of liquid compared to a teaspoon which has 1.6g? Also, is this sufficient for an good omega 3-6 ratio? I dont eat nuts, but i eat omega 3 enriched peanut butter. I also eat eggs, which have 400mg of omega 3 in each egg (organic)

I take Carlson's Fish Oil [Liquid form]. The teaspoon serving contains 1.6g of omega 3's. I, however, take a tablespoons worth daily. What is your estimate as to how much omega 3's are in a tablespoon of liquid compared to a teaspoon which has 1.6g? Also, is this sufficient for an good omega 3-6 ratio? I dont eat nuts, but i eat omega 3 enriched peanut butter. I also eat eggs, which have 400mg of omega 3 in each egg (organic)

Not really sure, find out exactly how much a teaspoon is (in ml or what not), and then find out how many the same equivalent is for a tablespoon and then you can figure out the ratio and find out that way.

No, it's not sufficient enough, eventually you will need to raise it, because your 'omega 3 enriched peanut butter' has a gram of o6 in itself in one serving, chances are you eating more so you are beating each other's purposes. And to further it, since you are eating o3 eggs, they contain a lot of o6, so there it goes (if you eating with yolks). Drop the PB and take more o3 =).

I did my calculations and figured out the ratios, two teaspoon servings fit into one of my tablespoon servings. So, if one teaspoon has 1.6g of o3, then one tablespoon has 3.2.

Therefore, so far i've been taking 3.2g of o3. I'm going to up my dosage to two tablespoons per day, which is 6.4g of o3!!! Of course these are estimates, but my o3 intake will be AROUND 6.4g, which I think is a great high intake, exactly what we need to have a successful 1:1 ratio to o6!!

I did my calculations and figured out the ratios, two teaspoon servings fit into one of my tablespoon servings. So, if one teaspoon has 1.6g of o3, then one tablespoon has 3.2.

Therefore, so far i've been taking 3.2g of o3. I'm going to up my dosage to two tablespoons per day, which is 6.4g of o3!!! Of course these are estimates, but my o3 intake will be AROUND 6.4g, which I think is a great high intake, exactly what we need to have a successful 1:1 ratio to o6!!

Not really sure, find out exactly how much a teaspoon is (in ml or what not), and then find out how many the same equivalent is for a tablespoon and then you can figure out the ratio and find out that way.

No, it's not sufficient enough, eventually you will need to raise it, because your 'omega 3 enriched peanut butter' has a gram of o6 in itself in one serving, chances are you eating more so you are beating each other's purposes. And to further it, since you are eating o3 eggs, they contain a lot of o6, so there it goes (if you eating with yolks). Drop the PB and take more o3 =).

Good luck with that, I believe these levels will have great results!

Good luck with that, I believe these levels will have great results!

Yeah, but i'm gonna have to pay alot more now :confused: I use Carlson's Fish Oil, the highest grade and quality liquid form of o3 available, its not cheap!

i heard somewhere that organic eggs contain 1:1 O6:O3, this can probably not be true, can it?