Notifications
Clear all

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR BURNED MY SKIN! HELP!

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/15/2007 6:54 pm

Hey so i used too much apple cider vinegar on my forehead and now there's this huge patch of burned/raw skin. it's brown now but how do i heal it so tht it won't scar?!?!!?? please help! will it even scar? willl polysporin help or vitamin e? i'm asian and i'm scared that it will scar badly.

MemberMember
(@aka-m80-the-wolf)

Posted : 05/15/2007 7:20 pm

Hey so i used too much apple cider vinegar on my forehead and now there's this huge patch of burned/raw skin. it's brown now but how do i heal it so tht it won't scar?!?!!?? please help! will it even scar? willl polysporin help or vitamin e? i'm asian and i'm scared that it will scar badly.
MemberMember
(@toocreative)

Posted : 05/15/2007 7:40 pm

A similar thing happened to me a few months ago, but it wasn't with ACV. I burned my skin with a salicylic acid peel. Don't worry it won't scar. Apply some hydrocortisone cream and 100% Aloe Vera. Within a week, your skin will feel normal again. There might still be some underlying redness but that will go away within a month.

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/15/2007 9:50 pm

your suppose to mix it with half water half ACV. if you just use the ACV it will burn

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/17/2007 5:24 pm

alrighty so update...scab thing came off in the shower and so now there is pink skin underneath..which looks aweful....i'm oging to continue with the aloe vera in hopes it'll return to normal color! also hoping the pimple that caused me to put the apple cider vinegar on it will eventualaly dissapear...i get the ones that are under the skin and hard and hurt when u push it..but it's only ever on my forehead.....any other ideas anyone (for both the pink, the burn, and the hard pimple issue...)??

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/21/2007 12:47 pm

(bump) anyone?

MemberMember
(@zantestsuken)

Posted : 05/23/2007 6:48 am

Make sure to dilute ACV as it is pretty strong used neat. Only hardy skin types should consider using it like this. Make sure to use something like aloe vera or neosporin/sudocrem and keep skin well moisturised and it should go away over a few weeks or so.

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/30/2007 12:11 am

so...it's like...i dunno..scarring..my fear :( ii hope it will go away with time...or what do i do.

MemberMember
(@whitey)

Posted : 05/30/2007 8:14 am

how quick would a burn mark come up if you used acv, because ive used to neat with aspirin for last couple days and i havnt had any problems?

just wondered as someone else told me to try it neat i didnt know a lot of people have problems with the acv.

MemberMember
(@butrflyagl)

Posted : 05/30/2007 8:03 pm

i'm going to post up a pic of the area soon...and then maybe some of you can help me so that it doesn't scar bd...i'm feeling so depressed about it cause it's right in the middle of my eyes.makes me look like i have a unibrow or something....it used to be such normal skin and now it's not...it looks so different and fake. is there anyway to get the normal skin back?

how quick would a burn mark come up if you used acv, because ive used to neat with aspirin for last couple days and i havnt had any problems?

just wondered as someone else told me to try it neat i didnt know a lot of people have problems with the acv.

MemberMember
(@liveyourlife)

Posted : 05/30/2007 9:21 pm

Been there done that. Use aloe vera, or even better, vitamin E gel - straight out of a real gel capsule preferably

edit: no it won't scar

chill

it be okay :)

MemberMember
(@shandon2)

Posted : 06/01/2007 10:55 pm

Hey there. I really feel for you as the same thing happened to me last summer, but I used regular vinegar on a cotton ball and applied it to a blemish on my cheek hoping it wold take down the swelling. Gosh i only held it there for a couple of minutes and was very shocked to see the end result. Red, raw, inflamed skin. I put polysporin cream/ointment and covered it with a bandage. If I didn't cover it, the darn thing would ooze. But once it was drying up I didn't cover it. Once the fresh skin grew over I was left with a slight indentation on my cheek. I purchased bioskincare cream (www.bioskincare.com) and within a week my severe redmark and indentation was gone. I was also taking collagen supplements that I picked up from the healthfood store. In the fall I was left with slight hyperpigmentatiion in the area and no amount of makeup would completely cover it up. I seeked IPL and one spot treatment was all that it needed. Almost a year later, one would never know something happened to me.

Zincofax cream would help as well, even a scar gel worked for me too. Goodluck

Just put a thin layer of aloe vera gel on it. It sounds like a first degree burn since there's no blisters or anything and first degree burns never scar. You'll be fine!

MemberMember
(@immm)

Posted : 11/25/2009 3:53 pm

I used a blot of cotton, covered with tape, Then used an eye driopoer to put a few drops of apple cider vinegar twice a day for the purpose of removing some moles. I did this for 10 days. It did remove the moles but it burned the skin. I am using Triamcinolone on the burn, The scab and pinkness are slowly going away. Triamcinolone is a combination of neosporin and camomile lotion and is in a tube. It just takes time for the burns to go away. I took my patches off 5 days ago. I have no pain with the burns. I removed 3 moles on my right arm and one on my stomach.

MemberMember
(@vishesh712)

Posted : 05/28/2019 11:24 am

I too burned my skin a bit to reduce flat mole and it reverse effect make it look worse due to burn because I used undiluted acv

So in this case don't try to peel of the wound and clear skin with running cold water be gentle with wound apply neosprin ointment and if u can cover it by a bandage ,I found it faded the burn mark completely after couple of times of regular usage