Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pennylane3

16 and scarred

Hi all,

Scarring sure is a bi-i-a-a-t-c-h huh? I went to a third world country last summer and was dumb enough to pop a few zits there, which got major infected, and didn't heal right. So now I am left with better skin than I have had in the past years but only to reveal my new gift, scars. Damn it damn it damn it, regret and scarring is a bitch. I hope I can find love, as well as all of you. We live in a world with so many wierd pressures damn it, I wish I as comfortable with myself and didn't have to live so close to my scars. It's funny too, because I know most people would say my scars are nothing, (two rolling scars and some on my temples) but it still sucks to have to look at them day after day. anyways much love,

Hoping to heal.

Well im the same age and have about 100 scars maybe more on my whole body due to acne :(. Acne really screwed me up big time, I always feel depressed. Yeah its really hard to look at ourselves disgusted of the scars. The scars should heal, eventually it will go away, but it takes time, long period of time. Or you try some scar treatments to reduce the appearance of the scars like fraxel, which seems to be the best according to the people on here having success with it. I still have active acne, which really sucks doesn't seem to go away, but hopefully accutane can do the job.

I hope you get better!

Well im the same age and have about 100 scars maybe more on my whole body due to acne :(. Acne really screwed me up big time, I always feel depressed. Yeah its really hard to look at ourselves disgusted of the scars. The scars should heal, eventually it will go away, but it takes time, long period of time. Or you try some scar treatments to reduce the appearance of the scars like fraxel, which seems to be the best according to the people on here having success with it. I still have active acne, which really sucks doesn't seem to go away, but hopefully accutane can do the job.

I hope you get better!

Yeah I don't think I want to get lasered just because it is too much money.

Hi guys, I'm nearly forty and I have acne scars and believe me they don't stop you having a life and a very wonderful life. I have a fabulous husband, two great kids, a community of friends and have fulfilled a life time dream with my first book being published next year. I remember being sixteen and depressed about EVERYTHING including acne. Well don't let it get you down too much. You might not be a top model (but hey how many of us will be). It's just really important to have a perspective on things and to try not to let your acne/scarring stop you from doing things and developing in a number of different areas, because that's way more important than how you look. And by the way, my sister has way worse scarring than me and she has had a number of very good looking boyfriends and is very happy!

I do know how things feel when you're young, but please don't allow yourselves to be limited by how you feel about your acne/scarring.

Caesar2