Notifications
Clear all

Anti Histamines to cure Acne

MemberMember
(@mrbungle)

Posted : 05/14/2007 6:24 pm

Hello, this is my first post on this message board. Sorry for my poor english, but I'm from Italy.

I've read a lot of stuff on this newsgroup, and the topics that impressed me more are these old posts:

[Removed]

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=75027&st=0

They talk about the Antihistamines action on the inibition of H2 receptors.

One drug has this propriety: ZANTAC (rainitidine), a stuff usually used for ulcer disease.

My father takes this drug for his ulcer for years and years without any side effect , so I think it is relativy safe (it's a no-prescription drug, you can buy at w/o medical prescription). The side effects reported on the paper in the package are minimal. :|

So, I dediced to give it a try. 75mg x 2 Daily (a very low dose).

I started yesteday, and I'm gonna stay on it for a week or two to see any (positive or negative) result.

There's someone that have yet tried ranitidine? Any result?

I'll keep posting my progress, and if this stuff works I'm gonna talk to my doctor for a long term cure with it.

You too can try it. One week at 75x2. If works we'll keep studing the Antihistamines action for our disease (acne). Anyway... we'll stop taking it, without any negative side effect. ;)

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/15/2007 3:13 am

That's an interesting idea. Let us know how it progresses. :)

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 05/15/2007 3:24 am

I've been taking Claritin for a few days now... which is an antihistimine.. but no difference in my acne yet :P Its strange that you posted this because I have been doing a lot of research if histamines effect acne. It is a chemical and everything.. so i'm sure it does have an effect on acne. After doing a little research, I found many sites that mentioned "histamine induced acne" and that high histamine levels can cause inflammation. I don't have those sources to back me up right now though.. i'm way too lazy to find them again haha.

MemberMember
(@kittenkaboodle)

Posted : 05/15/2007 6:23 am

I've tried H1 blockers (claritin, allegra) with hopes of improvement, though never tried an H2 blocker. I've heard a lot of people mention Zantac over the years, but never heard if it helps, so let us know what happens....

MemberMember
(@mrbungle)

Posted : 05/15/2007 8:43 am

I've been taking Claritin for a few days now... which is an antihistimine.. but no difference in my acne yet :P
MemberMember
(@ndnromeo)

Posted : 05/15/2007 9:15 pm

Wow, what a coincidence. I have been searching about this for a while, and today I figured I should go ahead and try zantac so I am researching it heavily.

Take a look at my thread as well:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-aller...on-t152543.html

It seems to be doing okay, but I think I really will need a h2 antihistamine as well in addition to it since food related acne is from the stomach from foods (makes sense).

Keep updating. I am going to try as well. I have this thread on watch :)

MemberMember
(@cassiopeia)

Posted : 05/15/2007 9:24 pm

Wow, what a coincidence. I have been searching about this for a while, and today I figured I should go ahead and try zantac so I am researching it heavily.

Take a look at my thread as well:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-aller...on-t152543.html

It seems to be doing okay, but I think I really will need a h2 antihistamine as well in addition to it since food related acne is from the stomach from foods (makes sense).

Keep updating. I am going to try as well. I have this thread on watch :)

MemberMember
(@mrbungle)

Posted : 05/16/2007 10:41 am

3th day of 75mg x 2 daily on Zantac.

The situation of my acne remain the same. No new cysts, only few very little pimples...

Anyway, it's too early to give a response to the zantac cure. :|

MemberMember
(@ndnromeo)

Posted : 05/16/2007 1:01 pm

I'm on loratidine now and ranitidine. I have a good feeling about this.

MemberMember
(@adsmithy)

Posted : 12/04/2007 9:22 pm

Any updates?

MemberMember
(@timmoore)

Posted : 12/07/2007 4:21 pm

i heard, dont know if it is ture, but soemthing you should look into and post.

that h2 blockers suchas zantac and pepcid. increase leukotriones , which actually increases skin inflammation

MemberMember
(@nk20)

Posted : 02/17/2010 9:28 am

I agree that anti-histamines can work but not H-2 specific receptor antagonists - studies on the sebocytes which block the pores in acne and cause spots, blackheads etc. actually have an H-1 receptor so antagonists of this receptor are ideal e.g. neoclarityn etc...

For some reason I can't post a link to one of the paper's I found on the subject but it was from the Journal of Investigative Dermatology titled "Identification of Histamine Receptors and Reduction of Squalene Levels by an Antihistamine in Sebocytes".

Happy reading and great idea with the anti-histamines :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/29/2013 9:41 pm

Has this worked well for anyone?

I might give this a shot, but not sure which antihistamine i should use! Allegta, benadryl, or neoclarityn

MemberMember
(@nasrul-muhd)

Posted : 12/06/2013 9:56 am

first of all, my acne problem has started 6 months ago. it was not that severe until i got sinus which only has started two months ago. i got heavy sneezing, runny nose, itchi and watery eyes. my acnes also looked very bad but because of my sinus problem, i wasn't really focus on treating my acne. in short, i've given up actually. haha. back to my sinus problem, i could not stand it anymore that i then decided to go to a pharmacy and asked for pills to treat my sinus. she gave me clarityne. after i took the first dose 10mg clarityne, i was so happy that i finally could sleep normally after suffering for the last two months. my sinus problems was getting better day after day.today is the 8th day since i first took the clarityne. SURPRISINGLY, my face also got less acne day after day. then, suddenly i thought that maybe it was because of the clarityne. feeling ensure, i search on google ''clarityne to cure acne" and then it brought me here. u know what, i never thought that clarytine could be used to cure acne until like an hour ago. i felt so stupid. lol. before this, i only knew about accutane. that is why i share my stories to you guys here. i would like to give a try to take clarytine for a couple more weeks. i really hope that it will really work. wish me luck guys!!!!!