Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there everyone

I got my accutane today. Woo hoo!

Just a quick question. I'm on 35mg. I've to take 7 5mg tablets daily. How often is it best to spread this out and can you take 2 tablets at once. I've only taken one so far about an hour ago.

Thanks

Karen

yeah, just take them all at once after a meal, lol, why does he have you taking 7 pills? wouldn't it have been easier just to do 40 mg a day so you only have to take one pill.

umm why didn't you just get a 30mg and a 5mg, and take them at the same time? I think it would be so much easier... as for the timings, it doesn't really matter when you take them, but a word of warning, at least for me, once I take it, usually in the early afternoon...I'm soooo completely tired afterwards. I took one on saturday in the morning with breakfast, and I could barely keep up with my brother shopping. I was just exhausted! the walking, the driving, the waiting in line... I sat down every chance that I had...

maybe to get your body used to it, you could take one every few hours, and then day by day, decrease the timing between each of them until you feel comfortable that you won't experience the side effects as much... wean yourself on :)

whatever is your fattiest meal of the day...I usually can tell whether or not i'm gonna be eating dinner each day, so I usually take it with my lunch, but thats just because that would be my fattiest meal of the day...

but personally, I think you should see how much you can tolerate the side effects during the day, if you were to take them early in the morning, as opposed to the afternoon. I do the afternoon mostly because I can't deal with the tiredness in the early afternoon ....lol

its up to you really, I don't think it much matters....

ya spreading the pills out is way too much of a hassle... then you have to worry about having something fat to take it with for every meal. and it gives u a better chance of forgetting to take it.