Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scotty

Success with Needling!

Hi -

I know there is a needling thread floating around but I wanted to post this good news on a separate thread.

I had needling done once before by Frank at Transitions about 5 months ago or so (August?). Anyway I have shallow saucer type scars on both my temples and all sort of scars (icepick mostly) on my forehead.

The deep ice picks along my forehead cause a "connect-the-dots" affect on my forehead which makes me look like I have a very deep and crooked wrinkle - I'm only 28.

Anyway, like I said I had needling done once before and saw minimal results. I have also been having smoothbeam treatments done (the 4th one was yesterday) to treat scars and the damn acne that just won't go away (prior to this past week with one needling session and 3 smoothbeams I would say I had seen maybe 10-15% improvement).

Anyway back to needling -

I decided to give needling one more shot last Tuesday. This time Frank used the hand tool on all of my scars (forehead and temples) instead of using the tattoo gun on my temples. Also, trying to heed the advice of someone else on this board who had needling success, I did not have Frank apply any more anesthetic after the initial swab of numbing cream that he put on. (Last time I whined about the pain and he applied additional anesthetic throughout the procedure). Still fearing the pain, I did a few shots of Whiskey before the procedure - smile.gif .

For after treatment I alternated between applying the ointment Frank gave me and Neosporin.

One week later I am EXTREMELY happy with what I am seeing - the shallow scars on my temples have to be aboout 50 - 60% improved. Unfortunately my forehead icepicks look about the same.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the good news. It is sooooooo nice to finally actually see some substantial improvement. And after having my 4th smoothbeam treatment yesterday, I am confident that my skin will continue to improve.