Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eminem1023

new to boards and accutane

ok so im new here and this is my first post. im a 18 year old male and have had acne since i was a freshman. ive tried everything from otc meds to mino and retin-a micro, proactiv, everything. i just started taking accutane about a week and a half ago at 40mg twice a day. so far my acne has gotten worse and is scabbing over. im not too dry yet though but am having some back pain but thats normal right? hopefully ill start seeing some kind of improvement. well i want to know if anyone taking accutane uses benzoyal peroxide to spot treat active zits and about the whole alcohol thing, i drink mostly on the weekends and dont really plan to stop unless i have a bad blood test.....ill keep updating too :wacko:

Backpain is normal, I had it in the beginning but no more. Get moisturizer but it gets worse imo. Regarding drinking, I do not think it's a good idea on accutane, I've done it and it havent shown up on my tests though.

Most people don't use any topical treatments like Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid while on Accutane. The cumulative effects are extremely drying and can irritate an already accutane-sensitive face.

Good luck, hope you get completely clear.

Be careful about the drinking (you're not legal anyway :shifty: ) or about taking any medications that can harm the liver (Tylenol, NSAIDs).

thanks n yea im gunna slow down on the drinking. it just sucks cuz i got the ib and it hasnt gone away yet. hopefully in the next week :/. n im getting pretty dry so prolly no more BP either

~2 week update~

i dont like to use lotions so im dry as fuckk, im on 80 mg a day. i have about 4 active zits and alot of red spots from the fading initial breakout. im just glad the IB is almost over. ill stay updated every week. :D

~2 week update~

i dont like to use lotions so im dry as fuckk, im on 80 mg a day. i have about 4 active zits and alot of red spots from the fading initial breakout. im just glad the IB is almost over. ill stay updated every week. :D

really? i never really thought of that, i just like it when my skin feels drier than oily and moist and shiny, i think it makes it look worst and it itches, maybe if i found the right moisterizer, but since it helps skin heal ill prolly put it on my acne or just wear it at night when i sleep i dunno i need to experiment i guess, thanks

Your skin is going to look horrible if you don't moisturize, and it makes healing difficult. So not only will you not heal well, having overly dry skin can irritate it and potentially cause more breakouts and uneven tone. Really, you're being silly if you don't do it.

~3 week update~ my skin is still bad from the ib and its taking a long time to go away :(, i also belive that masterbating causes me to breakout or flares up my acne so im gunna stop for a week and see if that helps clear it up, i hope it does. im gunna post pictures soon. my face is pretty dry so i moisterize at night and i was in the sun yetrday and burned a lil. guess only time will tell

-1 month- my ib has gone down alot but im still not at the point where i started before accutane but my derm says i shuld see alot of resluts this month :/ i hope hes right, i have a friend who has been taking accutane just 3 weeks longer than me and hes already clear, i hate the red marks i get when the pimple goes away and sumtimes it stays under my skin and then flares up again. ive been using aspirin mask sumtimes too to help with the redness. im praying i clear up alot this month