Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I use Cetaphil moisturizer and while it works REALLY good, it leaves me feeling greasy. Is there any type of product that just in general will control oil and are there any moisturizers you know of to help with this greasy problem?

I personally use and recommend the following in order of preference (I've described them in detail in prior posts so I won't bother here):

1. Flawless by Aloette. This used to be my favorite and most effective product, but it has been reformulated and is being reintroduced so I can't really comment on the new formulation until I've had a chance to try it. It will be avaiable on the www.aloette.com website in about 2 or so weeks or through an Aloette dealer.

2. Orchid Gel by Skinn Cosmetics. http://www.skinncosmetics.com/st_orchid_gel_detail.php This is what I currently use in place of the Flawless since Aloette discontinued it.

3. Compact Anti Shine by Smashbox Cosmetics. This can be found on www.qvc.com (I tried to insert a link, but it just won't go to the product, itself.) I used to use this as a touchup after a full day at work and just before I go out for the evening. Now, with the above 2 products, I just need to blot with a tissue before heading out the door. Yes, they are that good!

hey every1 i knw this has nuthing to do with the thread but i need some help!

i am on accutane, i have mild persistant acne and have paid to go on it privately...i am in month 2, skin was perfect within the first week but now i have had a breakout, i got a nasty cyst(or thats what i think it is?) on my cheek, i have never had a cyst before so im not sure but it was very sore and deep rooted, no head or anything. i have squeezed it and its left like an open wound, it looks like i have been stabbed!..i have been given some antibacterial cream from the doctors (nothing to do with dermatologist and accutane) just my regular gp and she said it wont scar, i am young and my skin will heal itself...i dnt think shes right though cus it looks so bad...is there anything i can do to minimise the risk of scarring and speed up healing? im so worried that it will leave like a gash in my face...any help would be REALLY appreciated...thanks!

hey every1 i knw this has nuthing to do with the thread but i need some help!

i am on accutane, i have mild persistant acne and have paid to go on it privately...i am in month 2, skin was perfect within the first week but now i have had a breakout, i got a nasty cyst(or thats what i think it is?) on my cheek, i have never had a cyst before so im not sure but it was very sore and deep rooted, no head or anything. i have squeezed it and its left like an open wound, it looks like i have been stabbed!..i have been given some antibacterial cream from the doctors (nothing to do with dermatologist and accutane) just my regular gp and she said it wont scar, i am young and my skin will heal itself...i dnt think shes right though cus it looks so bad...is there anything i can do to minimise the risk of scarring and speed up healing? im so worried that it will leave like a gash in my face...any help would be REALLY appreciated...thanks!

Dear you shouldn't be on accutane for mild acne. And you should only accept topical ointments from your dermatologist. Thats why he's called a dermatologist - he's studied skin. Not saying to distrust your doctor, but only take advice on skin - from your dermy imo.

current regimen AM and PM

cleanse with purpose gentle cleanser liquid

acnope

Well, I use Cetaphil moisturizer and while it works REALLY good, it leaves me feeling greasy. Is there any type of product that just in general will control oil and are there any moisturizers you know of to help with this greasy problem?