Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
randala2000

Where can I find ReFine DMAE & Alpha-Lipoic Acid???

It's possible that the manufacturer is no longer producing it. I guess the best way to find out would be to contact the manufacturer.

There are several other companies that make topicals including ALA and DMAE:

- Skin Eternal Serum

- Face Firming Complex

- Reviva Labs

- Rejuvenex Wrinkle Removal Cream

I don't know what the deal is with ReFine. It's a shame because I like the product and probably would have purchased it again. Please let me know if you find out anything else about it. smile.gif

I emailed Nutrition Blvd about ReFine and here's what they said:

"We are no longer able to carry that item currently. Unfortunately I am not sure about when we will be able to get it back in stock. Please try back in 3 to 4 weeks.

Sincerely,

Aimee

Customer Service

[email protected]

www.DiscountBlvd.com

Discount Blvd Group"

Yeah, these do seem to be the new magic ingredients: ALA, DMAE, Vit C, etc. I just went to Whole Foods and another health food store and there are a jillion of these creams and serums out there now, but like everything else, it's hard to tell about the concentration of the key ingredients or their efficacy. Thanks everyone for your help!!

OK, next question: Where can I get LIQUID ALA and DMAE, in their purest form? Powder form from capsules isn't working for me, my potions are too grainy, even after trying to grind them into a fine powder. Too grainy, too abrasive. Need LIQUID. Help!!

Even though they have a few ingredients in common, they are very different products. The PureDeming is oily, whereas the ReFine is not - it's more of a serum that sinks into the skin fairly quickly. Also, the scents are very different. The Pure Deming is much like Patchouli or something similar, whereas the ReFine smells more like citrus. You can leave the ReFine on as well - you don't have to rinse it off.

The main difference between these two appears to be that one is completely unavailable while the other is not!  WAHHHH!!!

I've done a bit of research and here are some other serums you might want to check out:

- Reviva

- Anna Bellina Serum

- Skin Eternal Wrinkle Serum

and

the eye serum at Makeup Artists Choice. If you want me to post the ingredients of any of these, let me know. smile.gif

Sure Tamara, if you wouldn't mind. I am hesitant to believe in Reviva because they're stuff is so unbelievably inexpensive, it just makes you question how much of anything active is really in there! I've never heard of Anna Bellina. Thanks so much!

Reviva

Natural Impact.Com

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/naturalimpact/...reyeserwit.html

Ingredients: DEMINERALIZED SPRING WATER, OLIVE OIL, CYCLOMETHICONE, WHOLE WHEAT PROTEIN, MULBERY EXTRACT, LIME EXTRACT, KMAE BITARTRATE, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HYALURONIC ACID, ALLANTOIN, XANTHAN GUM, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH 20, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA.

Eye Serum

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/dmae_al...oic_ester_c.htm

Ingredients: Demineralized spring water, olive oil, cyclomethicone, whole wheat protein, DMAE bitartrate, mulberry extract, lime extract, alpha lipoic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, hyaluronic acid, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteryl alcohol, ceteareth 20, metylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea.

Anna Bellina Serum

http://annabellina.com/skin_serum.html

Ingredients: algae extract, aloe vera gel, alpha lipoic acid, amino acids, ASC III liposome, avocado oil, chamomile extract, chlorella vulgaris extract, comfrey extract, coenzyme Q-10 - ubiquinone, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxante, DMAE - dimethylaminethanol, DPHP - dipalmitoyal hydroxy proline, echinacea extract, farnesol, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, gotu kola extract, green tea extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, organic jojoba oil, lecithin, licorice extract, lupin oil, MSM - methylsulfonylmethane, minerals and trace minerals, moisturizing amino acid complex, palmitoyl pentapeptide III, polysaccharides, pysllium husk seed extract, royal jelly, sodium hyaluronate - hyaluronic acid, rosemary extract, seaweed extracts, soybean oil, superoxide dimutase, 100% vegetable glycerin, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, C ester, D, E, F, K, wheatgerm oil, natural preservative of grapefruit seed extract

Skin Eternal Wrinkle Serum

http://www.primev.com/pro830005.htm

Ingredients:

Deionized Water

Vitamin A

Propylene Glycol

Vitamin D

Polysorbate 8

Glycerin

Vitamin C-Ester (Ascorbyl Palmitate)

Polyethylene Glycol

MSM

Glycolic Acid (Alpha Hydroxy Acid)

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Simethicone Powder

Lemon Oil

DMAE

Aloe Vera

Lavender Oil

Methylparabe

Vitamin E

Calcium Pantothenat

Coenzyme Q10

Chamomile Flower Extract 4:1

Biotin

PureDeming

Intense Gel

www.puredeming.com

Ingredients: Natural Vitamin E oil, Olive & Sunflower oils, Deionized Water, Alpha Lipoic Acid (five percent), DMAE (five percent), Vitamin C (four percent), Pomegranate Extract (one percent), Green Tree Extract, Helichrysum, Farnesol, our preservative blend and tiny mixture of Pure Essential oils used for scenting purposes only.

I have also reasearched the ingredients of each using cosmeticscop.com. If you want me to post my findings/opinions, just let me know. smile.gif

T - do you really have time to do this?? You are the awesomest!! I've done the Paula's site check before, I know that can be really time consuming!! You're an angel of the first degree! (isn't that a song ...??)

T - do you really have time to do this??  You are the awesomest!!  I've done the Paula's site check before, I know that can be really time consuming!!  You're an angel of the first degree!  (isn't that a song ...??)

You may want to check out www.clinicalcreations.com for it's Dr. Perricone's website. He is a firm believer in DMAE and ALA so most of his products tend to contain it. I am currently in his ACNE care line and have found it to be effective at controlling my ACNE as well as overall skin texture. I must say, however, that his products are a bit expensive! Have a nice day! smile.gif

Thanks all. Definitely trying to avoid paying Perricone prices, and there's no reason why we would need to. If we can't find it out there, there is certainly enough info on the web to teach us all how to make our own.

T, you are a GEM for doing this.

Hey, I found a few more:

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/shop/sho...pexd.asp?id=986

This supplier was touted highly on a Delphi forum called Make It Yourself.

Some others I came across:

http://ageadvantagelabs.com/product.cfm?id=2

http://www.skinrxclinic.com/facefirmingcomplex.htm

And this is the one I bought at my local Whole Foods:

http://www.suncountrynaturals.com/serum.html

Tamara, I'd be curious to hear your take on these!! MWAH!

Randy

This is kinda crazy, but I made a table and compared ingredients of all of the products you & I have found.... The two that are most like ReFine are:

Skin Eternal Wrinkle Serum

(has 2 additional beneficial ingredients)

&

Youthful Essentials Wrinkle Serum

(has 3 additional beneficial ingredients)

They both contain water as the first ingredient, but they may be closer than the other formulations we've looked at.

Whew! I think you made a great choice getting the one you got!

biggrin.gif

Thanks Tamara! It was totally accidental! I was just shopping at Whole Foods, perusing the aisles, and there it was! Unfortunately I paid top dollar for it ($39) but I think you can get it cheaper on line. I'm also interested in making my own, so doing my research on that. What about you? What are you using re ALA/DMAE, etc.? And thanks a MILLION once more for all your sleuthing. You're the best!!

You're very welcome! So glad that I could help out some.

I guess that you "lucked out" in finding one of the better products then. smile.gif Please let me know what you think of it (texture, scent, etc.) after you've used it for a while.... I am currently using ReFine myself, but looking for something else for when it runs out. It figures, I finally find something I really like, and no one carries it anymore! sad.gif How frustrating. Ack!