Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
o Havoc o

Coming off the regimen

Nick,

That itchiness has happened to me whenever I've tried to do without BP. I think it's the bacteria proliferating and irritating the pore.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

So i am being pore f*cked as we speak??? hahaha

I have come off BP for about 5 months now. I went from 2X a day to just at night and in the past month, maybe month and a half, I sometimes only apply it 4 out of 7 days a week at night. Results for me are outstanding. No breakouts nothing. I will get the odd pimple sometimes, but like what the heck, that can be expected even when you are doing the regimen full force!

End of day 3

The itching has stopped but i can't help but think there is a war going on underneath my skin right now.

Two spots appeared today and i was ready to go back on the regimen. However i spoke to my dad and he said to me to give it a chance. He said that my skin is always kept clean and medicated so it may react. Interesting theory.

hmm im really interested to know how it turns out...

it could be a initial breakout before completely stopping

just a thought

It sounds scary to me, but wow, I'm impressed you're going cold turkey! My situation is similar to Mr Handsome's...I only use BP at night, and it's working out GREAT! Maybe if quitting BP altogether doesn't work, try only using it once a day.

It also sounds like you aren't loving the no-BP solution so far...think you'll go back?

It sounds scary to me, but wow, I'm impressed you're going cold turkey! My situation is similar to Mr Handsome's...I only use BP at night, and it's working out GREAT! Maybe if quitting BP altogether doesn't work, try only using it once a day.

It also sounds like you aren't loving the no-BP solution so far...think you'll go back?

First 2 months were really up and down for me after getting off the regime. Skin was itchy as hell, and breakouts were pretty common for the first while. Stick with it.

First 2 months were really up and down for me after getting off the regime. Skin was itchy as hell, and breakouts were pretty common for the first while. Stick with it.

On the plus side my skin is recovering from the "side effects" of b.p. I usally get this wierd stretching effect on my skin. I have to look at it close up to see it but it is there.

On the plus side my skin is recovering from the "side effects" of b.p. I usally get this wierd stretching effect on my skin. I have to look at it close up to see it but it is there.

What do you mean by this "stretching effect", Nick?

Yeah, my skin's oil levels jumped noticably as I started applying lower levels of BP, too. I didn't have oily skin before I started BP, so I'm wondering if this is a temporary deal. Sure is obnoxious.

Yeah, my skin's oil levels jumped noticably as I started applying lower levels of BP, too. I didn't have oily skin before I started BP, so I'm wondering if this is a temporary deal. Sure is obnoxious.

It's possible. Maybe it's trying to rehyrdate itself after all the b.p?

It's possible. Maybe it's trying to rehyrdate itself after all the b.p?

Day 4 mid day.

The itching has a returned and i have notice some red marks on my face and these appear to be developing spots. Also my complextion has gone out the window.

I can't see this working out. I think it is safe to say that my acne hasnt gone.

Man, that sucks! 4 years on the DKR and still not grown out of it. I wonder if I'll be as annoyed with it as you are in 4 years...But hey, at least you can still be clear, some people are still searching for a regimen that works. Keep us posted on what you're doing (I assume you'll be going back to the DKR...?). Plus, you're still young, you may grow out of it yet. Good luck, man!

Another testament to my theory that BP messes with your skins natural balance. Constantly drying it out for 4 years or so with a chemical will obviously make your skin freak out if you sop using it. Grown out of acne or not. I am still yet to come accross anyone who has been clear on the regimen and come off and remained clear. I quit the regimen in September and my skin is still recovering slowly but surley. I had used BP for 4 years aswell and I am now 23. I dont know what advice to offer you really because my skin is improving now but the first 4 or 5 months was pure acne hell which i dont wish on anyone. Stick with BP if its keeping you clear but unfortunately you might have to come to terms with the fact that you will have to use it for the forseeable future.

Another testament to my theory that BP messes with your skins natural balance. Constantly drying it out for 4 years or so with a chemical will obviously make your skin freak out if you sop using it. Grown out of acne or not. I am still yet to come accross anyone who has been clear on the regimen and come off and remained clear. I quit the regimen in September and my skin is still recovering slowly but surley. I had used BP for 4 years aswell and I am now 23. I dont know what advice to offer you really because my skin is improving now but the first 4 or 5 months was pure acne hell which i dont wish on anyone. Stick with BP if its keeping you clear but unfortunately you might have to come to terms with the fact that you will have to use it for the forseeable future.

Man, that sucks! 4 years on the DKR and still not grown out of it. I wonder if I'll be as annoyed with it as you are in 4 years...But hey, at least you can still be clear, some people are still searching for a regimen that works. Keep us posted on what you're doing (I assume you'll be going back to the DKR...?). Plus, you're still young, you may grow out of it yet. Good luck, man!

Day 5.

My skin seems to be doing ok right now. I still have only had 2 spots come up in 5days with no b.p on my face and they have pretty much gone. I have no active acne on my face. The red marks i was talking about yesterday seem to have a gone. I am wondering if it was to hot in my office yesterday and old red marks come to the surface.

The itching isn't so bad now i can quite easily tollerate it. So on a scale of one to ten right now i would say my skin an 8 out of 10. So far so good but still searly days.

I have notice that my skin seems to be ok in the morning but appears to look worse as the day goes on.

Maybe it's slowly getting better? I've tried coming off the Reg (twice in the past year) and both times, it's been a disastrous move. I think I'm gonna be doing the Regimen till im 40 lol. Hopefully it works out better for you.

Good luck man and keep us updated

Maybe it's slowly getting better? I've tried coming off the Reg (twice in the past year) and both times, it's been a disastrous move. I think I'm gonna be doing the Regimen till im 40 lol. Hopefully it works out better for you.

Good luck man and keep us updated