Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cookies

Did I buy GOOD Fish Oil Capsules? ^^

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/o...amp;section=187

They're specifically for the skin! I've been using them for over a week now (I've been taking 4 capsules per day, which is what they recommend. It adds up to a little under 3 grams of Omega 3). Just read the information, these capsules sound great! ;)

Also, here's the formula:

-id System enteric-coated EPA-rich triple fish oil concentrate (from anchovy, sardines and mackerel) 455 mg

-EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 250 mg

-Red tomato extract (7% lycopene) 75 mg

-Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C) 50 mg

-Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 25 IU

-Vaccinum myrtillus: Catocyanic complex (from bilberry) 25 mg

455 MG + 250 MG = 705 MG of Omega 3 per capsule.

Properties

EPA, derived from wild, pure fish oils

o3mega+ glow specifically contains EPA, the anti-inflammatory component of fish oil, useful in skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Emerging studies have also shown EPA to have wrinkle-reducing properties and is extremely important in protection against damage from the UV rays of the sun. (Jackson, et al. Proc Nutr Soc 2002).

Lycopene from tomato extract

In addition to EPA, o3mega+ glow also contains lycopene which has shown in human studies to reduce redness and skin cell damage from UV rays. (Stahl, et al. J Nutr 2001) Lycopene also promotes survival of skin cells exposed to environmental stressors such as the sun by way of its potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. (Herber and Lu. Exp Biol Med 2002) Lycopene also helps to maintain the internal “scaffolding†of the skin after UV exposure. Lycopene is specifically “used up†by the body in defense of UV radiation. With proper replenishment and supplementation, we can reduce further damage. (Garmyn, et al. J Nutr 1995)

Vitamin C as ascorbyl palmitate

This is a fat soluble form of Vitamin C, and an important ingredient in many topical skin creams. Ascorbyl palmitate has been shown to be 30x more effective in preventing skin cancer vs. standard Vitamin C (ascorbic acid). It is also critically important in the production of collagen, and the prevention of its breakdown. Further studies have shown Ascorbyl palmitate to be a potent antioxidant and important in rejuvenation of aging skin. (Kockaert, Neumann. J Drugs Dermatol 2003) (Chiu, et al. Br J Dermatol 2003) (Smart, Crawford. Am J Clin Nutr 1991)

Vitamin E

Vitamin E has been well established to play a key role in the antioxidant defense system of the skin. Specific studies have shown beta-carotene is more protective against UV damage when combined with Vitamin E. (Stahl, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2000) Clinical trials have also shown that oral Vitamin E can reduce sun-induced skin damage in otherwise healthy adults. Pronounced effects occur when Vitamin E is combined with Vitamin C and anthocyanins as in o3mega+ glow. (Placzek, et al. J Invest Dermatol 2005 - Greul, et al. Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 2002 – Galindo, et al. Acta Derm Venereol 2002)

Never heard of the brand, but if it passes the rancid test, and it's affordable for you, I see no reason why you shouldn't use it.

Never heard of the brand, but if it passes the rancid test, and it's affordable for you, I see no reason why you shouldn't use it.

It did in fact pass the rancid test. The taste was bland and a bit "fishy" ... Not sour at all.

However, I was shocked to find that the contents were of a crimson red color... is that normal? I guess it might be the addition of tomato extract, etc that gave it that color.

How can you tell if it passed the rancid test? will it just say so on the bottle?

oo i should try that with my pills to see. But if you get the wrong kind you can't bring them back and get your money back can you?

EDIT ok i just did it and cut it open it doesn't taste bitter or anything infact i taste nothing, it just taste really oily lol. But I have really bad alleriges right now so i may not taste anything right. :think:

Uh oh... :rolleyes:

-id System enteric-coated EPA-rich triple fish oil concentrate (from anchovy, sardines and mackerel) 455 mg

-EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 250 mg

-Red tomato extract (7% lycopene) 75 mg

-Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C) 50 mg

-Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 25 IU

-Vaccinum myrtillus: Catocyanic complex (from bilberry) 25 mg