Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm interested in the effects of B5 on acne, however, I have a question that I hope someone on here could address. I've noticed that the mild acne I get now is mainly due to high stress levels (school, work, family, etc.) Would B5 help me? Generally, when I'm relaxed, I don't get breakouts. I follow a strict diet of no dairy/sugar/greasy foods and I use Proactiv twice a day. Also, the areas that I get acne (chin) aren't particularly oily, in fact, they are dry because of the Proactiv. Would B5 still be beneficial?

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering what people are doing to prevent hair loss and brittleness. I've been taking b5 approximately 1 1/2 years. Currently on 1 gram b5 per day (1/2 g in the morning and 1/2 in the evening). Also taking 1 b-complex and 300 mcg biotin per day. I'm female so didn't think the hair loss would apply to me. It has thinned and I have more broken ends which I didn't use to have. Nothing scary but I would like it to stop.

HELP and advice please !!!

Iv been taking vilantae for a while on and off. The last few months i restarted on it using the full 10mg a day, after the first month my skin is completely oil free. There is no denying that it works for acne and oil 100%. HOWEVER! I noticed for a few days i started getting facial muscle twitches, it started with my eyelid and then my forehead. Every so often it would twitch and then stop. This lasted a few days and now has stopped, but im also having serious hearing problems now. Iv always had problems with one ear, but now the other one is giving me problems.

Iv read that a deficiency in b12 can cause these symptoms. But the vilantea b5 im using "supposedly" contains the b-complex vilantea label.

Can someone please advice on this?

Iv asked my DR. and she told me that it isnt the b5. But she hasn't given me a test for b12 deficiency.

thanks for ur help

Iv been taking vilantae for a while on and off. The last few months i restarted on it using the full 10mg a day, after the first month my skin is completely oil free. There is no denying that it works for acne and oil 100%. HOWEVER! I noticed for a few days i started getting facial muscle twitches, it started with my eyelid and then my forehead. Every so often it would twitch and then stop. This lasted a few days and now has stopped, but im also having serious hearing problems now. Iv always had problems with one ear, but now the other one is giving me problems.

Iv read that a deficiency in b12 can cause these symptoms. But the vilantea b5 im using "supposedly" contains the b-complex vilantea label.

Iv asked my DR. and she told me that it isnt the b5. But she hasn't given me a test for b12 deficiency.

thanks for ur help

Here's a link with a list of symptoms of b12 deficiency. It is easy to diagnose with a blood test. Did you ask your doctor or clinic for a test? B12 deficiency is usually found in someone over 60 years old. There are unusual cases with younger people having it.

b12 symptoms

thanks for ur help

Here's a link with a list of symptoms of b12 deficiency. It is easy to diagnose with a blood test. Did you ask your doctor or clinic for a test? B12 deficiency is usually found in someone over 60 years old. There are unusual cases with younger people having it.

b12 symptoms

Hi,

I have most the b12 symptoms listed.

The dr. wouldnt even consider the idea of a b12 problem. im being sent for a blood test for a symptom (tiredness), will a normal blood test show any b12 problem or does it need to be specific for b12?

thanks for your help

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME, I WANT TO TRY OUT A B5 STAFF.

VERY SOON I AM GOING TO OTHER COUNTRY SO I HAVE TO GET THEM NOW , BEFORE I LEFT.

THAT WHY I NEED FAST RESPONDS . PLEASE ANY HELP. I DON'T KNOW WHOM TO ASK ABOUT B5.

BUT THERE'S SO MANY B5 VITAMINS IN THE MARKET!

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE? FOR EXAPLE VitaCure B5 ClearSkin OR vilantae?

What the diffrence ? Which works best for acne? And i don't like price for vilantae toO expense.

I think there's more brand for B5 but i don't know which to buy:(

I got cyst acne, I need strong one!

That stuff made me brake out

Me too. My first 2 weeks of using it, I was getting acne where I never really got acne before, or areas like my cheeks that seemed to calm down a year ago, and now i was getting these big whiteheads on it.

I dont recommend b5 at all, Im on the zinc now and it is working 100x better than b5 did.

cementface you are so helpful! I'm going to make sure to buy the B-Complex next time I buy B5. I already take a multivitamin too.

why thank you!

i just try to help people with stupid acne as i know how badly it can effect everything in your life.

just another note about the B-complex..

i personally take my B5 with a meal (like its suggested for better absorption)

and i take my B complex on an empty stomach seperate from the B5 that way your stomach can absorb the B5...then can later deal with absorbing the B-complex.

i am not sure if this will help make your skin go clearer...but i have been doing this for about a week now, and i have noticed big improvements?

who knows.

Hi cementface and others,

Can you suggest from where I should buy B-complex and B5 vitamins? or what brand. Others can suggest as well. Brands that really work. Im from Europe, Finland. So these B5 vitamins are here pretty expensive and they only have 250mg.

Thanks!

Anyone know where to purchase B5 at cost in Canada? It's expensive down here and shipping from United States is OK unit you get hit with the duty fees.

I tried b5 but it didnt work for me....I purchased a heap of these tablets (they are called clear5) through an acne website in the states....what a waste of money.

Yep,

After following this religiously for 6 months my skin is no better...

Well I say its no better, I do get slightly less cystic acne now than then, but nevertheless I still get spots all the same.

So, Id say this was bollocks but hey ho!

this actually look very interesting =O, though i am kinda worried about taking so much b5. i did start taking b50-complex for my cancer sores...

well so my real question is, has anyone ever consulted or asked their doctor about this? if so what did say about it O_O?

well, i'd figure i'd give this b5 regime another try since it was almost 1 year ago since i tried it and i have improved my lifestyle alot since them and differences are astonishing.

this stuff definetly works, but is very costly. I have been taking zinc for about 3 weeks now, and my acne is has changed from mild to very mild. I just have some fading scars on my shoulders and forehead, all which are fading at an incredible rate.

I will also recommend another nice addition to this b5 regime. To help clear your acne faster, every day or couple of days, buy a cheap salad bowl from the store and some epsom salt. Fill the bowl up with cool water and add a couple of small handfuls of espom salt into the bowl. Mix it thoroghly and make sure you have enough water so you can fully submerge your head under water. Dunk your head in and out for about 15-20 minutes. It may feel like a long time doing this for so long, so i tend to put on some music in the backgroud to pass the time more conveniently. After the cleansing is done, do not wash or rinse your face, just dry out your eyes,nose and mouth. Leaving the salt on your skin will help it heal your acne even more. After about 1-2 hours, you can wash your face. You will immediately notice after your facial cleansing that your face is really smooth, but you will look like you have dandruff because once the salt dries, it just drenches off you like mad.Once you notice this, then you can start washing it off.

As for the b5 regime, it does work! For those of you that have not had success with this regime, it is most likely due to your diet, or poorly functioning organs. Try to eliminate all sugary foods, fast foods, artificial foods, starches etc and try to do internal cleansings and eat a more healthier and organic lifestyle. By doing these alone, your acne will no doubt become alot better, and this b5 regime will be the icing on the cake for eliminating your acne.

the first week i started using b5 it cleared up my skin! i had no inflammed acne. I have never felt so good about myself.

But now....It's the middle of week 2. I am breaking out on my forehead and all my oil came back. Whats the deal? Is this all the old acne coming up?? i dont get it and i ahvent done anything differently that i did in the first week.

so i've known about acne.org for months and have read things here and there but never signed up or actually tried anything on here

i'm male, nearly 22 and i have now been suffering from acne since i was 13

i managed to get my skin pretty clear (not really, but to a point where i didn't fear going out in public) at the age of 20 thanks to accutane. my skin is OK now, still spots, not big ones, but lots of little ones, but i use some makeup which really helps since they aren't big and enflamed (if you want to know i use MAC's stick foundation and skinfinish powder, it looks great and natural, which is a must for a guy in today's society..!) oh and also a great thing for pores is a product called 'pore minimizer' or 'pore concealer' i forget, but ti's by clinique and seriously GET THIS PRODUCT! it's miracle working. it just fills in your pores, and i don't break out from it. i think it';s about 10pounds in UK (can't remember, i've had mine for 2months now and it still hasn't run out) GET IT!!!

but now i want my skin perfect. i'm fed up of having to put makeup on to look 'normal' like everybody else and it's getting so expensive... skin care, makeup, pore stuff, blabla.

so i'm trying this B5 thing. it makes sense to me with what i've read on here.

i went down to holland and barrats today and bought 2 tubs of 500mg (they only sell it in 100tablets/bottle max) and a complex(250 capsules). it was really expensive (30pounds in total), i think i'll buy online in future. the woman in the shop came up to me as i was looking and asked if i needed help so i said yeah i'm looking for this.. blabla.. and then i asked do they have it in any bigger bottles than 100tablets and she said no, why? and i said because i'm gonna be taking 20 a day, and then she just looked at me with a blank face of shock horror, and then i got a lecture, and then i was like just put it through the counter woman! jesus christ. she told me to write a note next to the bottles saying what i am taking and that they are not held responsible if i die :rolleyes::rolleyes: and THEN the card machine didn't accept my dad's card (which he lent me to get the stuff) so i had to sign for it instead of chip and pin.. and i said to her this is my dad's card so i can't sign it, and i don't have any other form of payment.. so she just let me attempt to forge the signature anyway? wtf? seriously... well at least i got my B5! woohoo! :dance:

i just took my first 5 tablets, and i'll come back every week or so and let everyone know how it's going! or if i die like she thinks i will, i will make sure someone comes here and notifies you guys :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh, also, they only did timed release b5 ones. so, hope they still work

wish me luck!!!

I have been reluctant to jump on this B5 train in the 5-10g range. I have read around ALOT and it seems there are many differing views on the subject. However, I did find something that suggests you can get the same results from much lower doses of B5.

"www.zimbio.com/Acne+vulgaris/articles/1691/Pantothenic+Acid+Vitamin+B5+Acne+Dr+Jeffrey"

The above article suggests that by supplementing B5 750mg and 250mg L Carnitine thrice daily, similar results have been experienced as 10g B5 mega dosing. You may read the article yourselves, but it basically comes down to:

"Transport is RATE LIMITING STEP for oxidation of long chain fatty acids. Carnitine transports long-chain acyl groups from fatty acids into the mitochondrial matrix, so that they can be broken down through beta-oxidation to acetate to obtain usable energy via the citric acid cycle."

It would be great if a maintenance dose of say:

- B-Complex 25

- B5 (100mg)

- L Carnitine (25mg)

could be taken thrice daily. This would probably be something I would consider taking long-term. If anyone is game to be a guinea pig, please post back your results.

I've been trying something very similar to this. I've been taking B5 for 22 months. Most of this time I was taking 2 grams per day (1 1-gram pill in the morning and 1 in the evening). I've been trying to reduce the amount I'm taking. In the last month I've been taking 1/4 of a 1 gram pill three times a day. (That works out to 750 mg per day.) Currently my skin is the clearest it has ever been (I'm 45 years old). Last week I reduced it to 1/4 of a 500 mg pill three times a day. (That works out to 375 mg per day.) I'll try this for a month and see what the results are.

So far my conclusion is taking some b5 three times a day works better than taking it twice a day. I definitely think that taking 10 grams per day is not necessary to have clearer skin.

b5 sure makes you poop alot. But my face is slowly getting better. it is much softer and the oil production has lessened. I still have a couple pimples but I hope those soon clear. My chest hasnt broke out since i started taking b5, it wasnt bad before but id get a pimple there every once in awhile.

I started taking Vilantae on March 27th, and oh maan my face broke out like crazy, I have two cystic acne which I rarely get and 4 huge ones. However, everything seemed to have calm down.

Going to stick with it for 2 months. So far the oil have decreased slightly.

I googled b5 and cholesterol and found some interesting stuff.

"We all need to take Vitamin B5, although the 10–25 mg found in many multivitamin supplements might improve your pantothenic acid status. Most cholesterol researchers using pantethine have given people 300 mg three times per day (total 900 mg)."

"Taking any one of the B complex vitamins for a long period of time can result in an imbalance of other important B vitamins. For this reason, it is generally important to take a B complex vitamin with any single B vitamin."

"Pantothenic acid is important for the breakdown of the foods we eat into substances the body can use and is also important in the creation of hormones and other substances in the body. You should, therefore, ensure that your intake of this vitamin is adequate."

"No serious side effects have been reported, even at intakes of up to 10,000 mg (10 grams) per day. Very large amounts of pantothenic acid (several grams per day) can cause diarrhea. Pantothenic acid works together with vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and vitamin B3 to help make the fuel our bodies run on ATP."

http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins/vitamin-b5.html

I'm wondering if for some reason the cholesterol gets deposited under our skin and trapped causing acne. It would be nice if some researchers would do a follow-up study to the original one by Dr. Lit-Hung Leung.

i have try this vitamin B5 for 2 weeks already. Before that i am taking doxycycline which work perfect for me , but once i stop taking , all acne come back , so decided to try b5 instead. I start with 2g a day to 10g a day for 2 weeks, i can feel that my nose have less oil , but at the same time my acne is still coming out one after another, i will try this b5 for another 1 month . Will come back here if i have any updates, really hope that this B5 can help me . Cheers!

b]The 1st International Course on Pain Medicine (ICPM), which will take place on 28-31 May, 2009 in Granada Congress & Exhibition Center, Granada, Spain. The Course, the first of its kind, aims to provide an overview of the main chronic pain entities, from their pathophysiological mechanisms to the diagnosis and most advanced treatment options available. Hence, it is particularly dedicated to those physicians willing to increase or update their clinical knowledge on pain management.

Please visit us at www.icpm2009.net for more information. Or send us an email [email protected]