Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did notice that my skintone is overall much better. I take 3 grams of B5 and 4-5 grams of Omega 3 day. When I added ACV it helped reduce my current zits a lot. I just have to make sure not to drink ACV and take Omega 3 at the same time

4-5 grams of Epa/Dha in the fish oil pills or 4-5 grams of fish oil pills?

I take the capsules. On the bottle it says epa /dha but offhand I don't know exactly. The pills are 1 g each and I take 4-5 a day.

well im one month in a i am still breaking out consistently every day with 2-3 new blemishes around my mouth and chin. they are alot smaller than before though, so thats good, but i would have expected it to have slowed down by now. the oil on my face has reduced a bit but it is is still present, and oil is almost gone on the rest of my body, so i know the b5 is working to reduce the oil. i am just frustrated that i am still breaking out EVERY DAY with 2-3 new blemishes a day in on it. the thing is that they are all around my mouth and chin. the rest of my acne on my face has cleared up! I had mild acne before I started to take the b-5 and still have mild around my mouth and chin. Everywhere else is cleared up! hopefully by the end of the second month i will not be breaking out every day!

i have been on b5 for about 3 1/2 months. i was on 10 grams for a while and then about 2 or 3 wks ago i upped it to 14

i don't think it has done anything

i am still zitty and still oily.

maybe i'm one of the few who it doesn't work for?

this sucks i've spent so much money and hope on this i'm really thinking of giving up...

I only was doing 4 grams a day time-released...but I decided to stop. I know I didn't give it more than 2 weeks but I saw no difference and I came to the conclusion that i'd rather be on the safe side than megadosing. I've got Paulas choice and glucomannan coming in, so i'll have some new things to test out. Basically, I don't want to be worrying about time intervals that I have to take pills for the rest of my life, and I know the oil would come back if I stopped. Plus I like the oil, I just have to find a way to make it a better consistency (cod/fish oil and evoo).

hey i have a quick question .. hopefully someone might be able to answer this since i couldn't find anything online about it but does anyone know if drinking alcohol while on the B5 10grams a day regime would effect the results?

thanks

hey i have a quick question .. hopefully someone might be able to answer this since i couldn't find anything online about it but does anyone know if drinking alcohol while on the B5 10grams a day regime would effect the results?

thanks

shouldnt be a problem.

been on b5 10 grams a little over a month. face is still oily. not what i expected.

Are you taking Fish oil? Myself, when I take Fish oil it makes my skin oilier.

Fish oil is a animal source omega-3 fat is already in active from EPA & DHA. The plant source Omega-3 fat from Flaxseed oil has ALA which your body converts to EPA & DHA.

BTW, nuts even though plant sourced may increase oil production as well. But, Flaxseed isn't a nut its a seed.

Problem with Fish oil is your getting all that active Omega-3's whether your body needs it or not.

The most affordable "certified GMP" Flaxseed oil softgel supplement that includes 20mg of lignans per softgel:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWE005/Item...il?n=4294967194

A study shows 50mg or more per day of Flaxseed lignans lower a man's risk of becoming bald. No point having no zits if you're balding lol

I take 4 softgels per day making 80mg of lignans per day. Two softgels with my first & last meals each day. Plus, only ALA (not fish DHA which lowers immune system by dropping levels of killer cells)lowers mens' risk of getting potentially fatal pneumonia by 32%.

All studies showing flaxseed oil ups prostate cancer risk is just using flaxseed oil not with lignans. Lignans have shown balance hormones & lower both prostate & breast cancer.

I've read how some people on here might be taking "B-complex thats time-released." Vitamin B3 as niacin time released can cause liver damage.

Hi all,

I am a 42 yr old red head with fair skin. I have rosacea and seb derm. I have been prone to acne breakouts since highschool and have always had very oily skin. I'm also very allergic. When I have a reaction to something, it comes out in the form of pustules, even in my mouth after wisdom teeth surgery. I love coffee, but when I drink it, I get cancor sores in my mouth. I've tried everything.. my goal now is to stop my sebacious glands from their craziness, this would at least allow some relief, and allow my skin to breath. I can handle the seb derm and rosacea.

I have plugged pores, the combination of skin cell over-production from the seb derm (30 times per month vs 1-2 times for normal skin) with out of control sebaceous glands, causing the inflamation and cystic acne.

My derm will not allow me to take Accutane, because I don't have enough systic acne in his view. I was reading about Resveratrol, then came upon B5, and thought I'll give that a try first. It's less expensive and appeared to not have side effects worth noting.

I started the "Clear 5" liquid (2 tablespoons per day) about 10 days ago due to it's bioavailability, I am happy to report quite good results.

Normally, I would have large amounts of wax building in my pores, like a big hair follicle. I could literally pull them out. Since, starting the Clear B5, my pores are less clogged and the wax-oil buildup has greatly diminished. It has allowed my skin to "Breath" to a greater extent. I work out regularly and usually, I find it very difficult to sweat in the T-Zones of my face because my pores are so clogged, now I am sweating with increased ease. It's a wonderful feeling.

I'm hoping this is something I can do forever to at least control my oil and give me one less thing to have to worry about. I can handle the seb derm and rosacea, it's the acne that ticks me off.

I'll continue to post results hopefully weekly

Paul

I am a 42 yr old red head with fair skin. I have rosacea and seb derm. I have been prone to acne breakouts since highschool and have always had very oily skin. I'm also very allergic. When I have a reaction to something, it comes out in the form of pustules, even in my mouth after wisdom teeth surgery. I love coffee, but when I drink it, I get cancor sores in my mouth. I've tried everything.. my goal now is to stop my sebacious glands from their craziness, this would at least allow some relief, and allow my skin to breath. I can handle the seb derm and rosacea.

I'm glad it's working so well for you. B5 will be one of my last resorts.

But I just had some advice, don't drink a lot of coffee because of the caffeine, and you could try rinsing out your mouth with hydrogen peroxide, every day.

I just bought a bottle of d-Pantothenic acid, I wanna make sure i am using the right stuff here. Also it has been mentioned to use a B-Complex along with the Pantothenic acid, currently i am taking Centrum Strong multi-vitamin and it offers me

B1 2.25mg

B2 3.2mg

B6 5mg

B12 20mcg

Is this enough B vitamin to not have to use a complex along with the Pantothenic acid. I don't believe I will be taking the full dose of 10g of the acid anyways. I will most likely max out at 5g so do you believe this is enough complex to suit this?

Ok, I have been taking B5 for about a week and a half. The first week, I was taking smaller doses and I'm currently on my second week where I started taking 10g. It is definitely working. I can tell my skin isn't feeling as oily and the acne is going away at an alarming rate. After only a week and a half, I almost only have blemishes now, it's amazing. But I still have some questions.

From what I understand based on this thread, B5 creates coenzyme-A to help break down fats so there is less oil deposits. So why is it after 3 months of taking B5, we are able to lower the dosage and eventually we don't even need to take it anymore? Does our body regulate itself and realize it should create coenzyme-A by itself after taking B5 for so long. I don't know much about all this stuff but from what I've read, accutane does something similar but it reduces the size of oil glands or something. I can understand how you can stop accutane after because the oil glands will be small forever or something but if b5 is just producing coenzyme-A then why wouldn't you need it forever? I am really hoping to not have to megadose on B5 for the rest of my life.

So do most people drop to 5g after 3 months? Then do people eventually stop taking it or do people always stay at a constant 1-3g forever? I definitely don't want to be taking 10g everyday for the rest of my life but 1-3g sounds a lot more plausible though I would like to completely stop taking it after maybe half a year or so.

I've also read a lot about hair loss and was worried. My hair is very important to me and I'd rather have hair and acne than no hair and no acne. I'm taking a B-100 complex everyday so hopefully it'll be ok?

Any recommendations on blemishes? I just have the red remaining marks of acne now but they seem to be slow of going away.

Thank you!

I have been reluctant to jump on this B5 train in the 5-10g range. I have read around ALOT and it seems there are many differing views on the subject. However, I did find something that suggests you can get the same results from much lower doses of B5.

"www.zimbio.com/Acne+vulgaris/articles/1691/Pantothenic+Acid+Vitamin+B5+Acne+Dr+Jeffrey"

The above article suggests that by supplementing B5 750mg and 250mg L Carnitine thrice daily, similar results have been experienced as 10g B5 mega dosing. You may read the article yourselves, but it basically comes down to:

"Transport is RATE LIMITING STEP for oxidation of long chain fatty acids. Carnitine transports long-chain acyl groups from fatty acids into the mitochondrial matrix, so that they can be broken down through beta-oxidation to acetate to obtain usable energy via the citric acid cycle."

It would be great if a maintenance dose of say:

- B-Complex 25

- B5 (100mg)

- L Carnitine (25mg)

could be taken thrice daily. This would probably be something I would consider taking long-term. If anyone is game to be a guinea pig, please post back your results.

dangerous. don't even try it. I know for sure it is now causing me pain in the kidney or whatever. just don't do it. it's unsafe and I wish I had never even tried it.

I want to second this. I am SO sorry that I ever tried vitamin b5... i took it for a year and now i have chronic fatigue, chronic insomnia and the acne is rapidly returning. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from this stuff... I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Trust me, getting rid of your acne is not worth giving up your sleep and health... that (not the 10.99 per bottle) is the true price of megadosing vitamin b5. I'm a student at an excellent university, and my grades are taking a hit, because of my poor health... (I'm getting constant fevers and headaches as well). If you have any intelligence whatsoever, click the X on this screen, stop considering B5 and turn the other direction.

yours truly,

vitamin B5 victim

That was a very articulate and disturbing post. I hope you are being paid to say that, but I can't convince myself that you are. I recent;y started taking it, and it seems like your experience is rare, at least compared to accutane and the horrible response it has on this board. There are enough post on this thread and the rest of this forum to make me think your experience is rare, but I'm worried.

dangerous. don't even try it. I know for sure it is now causing me pain in the kidney or whatever. just don't do it. it's unsafe and I wish I had never even tried it.

I want to second this. I am SO sorry that I ever tried vitamin b5... i took it for a year and now i have chronic fatigue, chronic insomnia and the acne is rapidly returning. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from this stuff... I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Trust me, getting rid of your acne is not worth giving up your sleep and health... that (not the 10.99 per bottle) is the true price of megadosing vitamin b5. I'm a student at an excellent university, and my grades are taking a hit, because of my poor health... (I'm getting constant fevers and headaches as well). If you have any intelligence whatsoever, click the X on this screen, stop considering B5 and turn the other direction.

yours truly,

vitamin B5 victim

are you guys using the powdered version? i bought some tonight (haven't received it yet). i'm planning on starting with a low dosage 3-4g/day then maybe up it to rid the acne and then bring the dosage back down and maintain...with with the powdered version, how do you measure in grams?

hey if you guys want a good place to buy these supplements www.iherb.com is great. They're pretty cheap too and if you've never bought anything from them before then here's a coupon code for $5 off: DAR092

Vitacost.com is good too but they dont have the $5 off coupon

I have had bad acne for over 4 years and I just decided to try b5. It's been a week and a half at 8grams and it's clearing up nicely. I was using proactiv for a full year never missed using it once and it already looks better than it did on that crap.