Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for the Panthethine users, where are you guys getting it from? And is there a difference between Panthethine and Pantothenic Acid?

Question for the Panthethine users, where are you guys getting it from? And is there a difference between Panthethine and Pantothenic Acid?

Health food stores carry it. Panthethine is the active ingredient in panothenic acid.

How ya all doing. As you can all see in my sig, i started pantothenic acid on may 20th. Its now been over 5 months and im still using it. I just need to know a few things if anyone can shed some light on my situation. I'm currently taking about 8grams of pant a day. Started on 10 and then went to 8, but i dnt want to drop lower just incase the effects of it go away. Now as for the results. At one point my skin was actually clear. Like perfect, and i had a week of bliss. but that only lasted for a week, now i still get the a few all the time. I changed my supplier from GNC to someone on eBay, because GNC had run out. Now im not sure weather this is due to the change or not but im starting to get like weak(is the best way i can explain). My joints feel like im an old man. and i usually mess around with my mates and my arms are like steel. I got punched yesterday and im bruised. I never bruise. Also my necks killing and i have like 4 mouth ulcers ? Someone said vitamin deficiency ? I'm not sure. and these new pant i got taste like camel sh*t.. Thanks guys

How come doctors dont recommend this then if its safe ? :S

I never heard of it being recommended by a doctor?

:-k

Where has a doctor said its not safe? It's a lot safer than accutane, and almost as effective. It's your acne, and your choice to take B5 and cure/improve it or not.

I think doctors don't recommend it because they don't really know much about it. Therefore they wouldn't want to advise someone to take it because of some *chance* that something bad might happen. Also, when do doctors not like handing out prescriptions?

Health food stores carry it. Panthethine is the active ingredient in panothenic acid.

Try SupplementsCanada.com

Update: I switched over from B5 to Panthethine about 2 weeks ago and I am completely clear again! So far, it has worked JUST AS GOOD as B5 and the best part is that I don't have to megadose to achieve the same results. Meaning, no shitty side effects! When I first started taking it, I knew it was working similarly because my lips felt dry as they did when I was megadosing B5. It's still too early to tell, but I think it might even work more effectively than B5 because my skin feels more healthy, smoother, and it doesn't over-dry either. I just started taking Omega 3 with it a few days ago and that has also helped me stay clear. Here is what I am currently taking each day:

Panthethine - 900 mg

Omega 3 (Fish oil) - 3600 mg

Zinc- 50 mg

B-100 Complex

I'll continue to keep you guys updated, but so far so good. And if you're scared of megadosing on B5 because of its side effects, I recommend you give Panthethine a chance.

I got that B5 and I never tried it. My boyfriend's sister (she is a pharmacist) told me it is not good. Don't remember the exact reason, it was so long time ago.. I'm on yaz now and I think it clearing up a little.. I've been on yaz for 6 months now.

Planning to go to a different derm cos mine sucks!!! :crazy2:

i've been on b5 for over a month now, and i am getting/currently have these little pimples all over my face- like whiteheads but red. what are these? is this common? i'm really getting frustrated especially when it seems like everyone clears after 1-2 wks

grrr

Hey guys im going to gnc to get it tommorow,i get so confused about the different types,can anyone tell me the brand and the exact thing it says on the bottle so i can just go in and get the right thing lol

Edit: Just saw some pathenine posts? can i buy this at gnc aswell? hair loss runs in my family so im scared lol and its a must to get b-complex with it too? thanks

HONEST OPINION

WHAT SHOULD I GET B5 OR PATHETHINE?

I order my B5 and panthethine online because it's cheaper than buying from GNC. GNC carries B5, but I'm not sure about panthethine. If hair loss runs in your family, you may consider trying panthethine before resorting to B5. As I said in my other post, panthethine and fish oil is working just as good for me, if not better, than B5. If you do decide to use B5 be sure to take a B-100 complex and BIOTIN (to keep your hair healthy) daily.

I have had acne since about age 12 and I am now 20. Nothing, and I mean nothing has worked. JUst recently I started to go swimming daily, and this has really helped. I started B5 almost two weeks ago, and I am in the purging process. I broke out with small acne all over and especially around my legs and arms. As of today, they've subsided and I must say, they have done wonders for my red marks. I've had some red marks for over a year/two years and they are fading. Oil production is still high though, maybe that will subside in a while.

I buy 60 tablets of 1000mg for about 10 dollars.

Hey gusy need help

went to gnc today and she said they dont carry B5 and that there is no such thing.. wtf..some people say they had there own brand of b5..

went to vitamin store like 2 stores down and asked for b5 and got pantothenic acid (whats the difference i see some people taking pantothenic acid vs just pantothenic) which is better?

and she also gave me Hi potency b complex (is that what i need to take..it does not say b 100..but maybe im just confused)

and how many pills of pantothenic acid should I Take daily and how many hi potency b complex should i take?

and whats the difference between pantothenic acid 250 mg vs 500 mg? what is better and what should i take?

hopefully i can get some help soon lol

Hey gusy need help

went to gnc today and she said they dont carry B5 and that there is no such thing.. wtf..some people say they had there own brand of b5..

went to vitamin store like 2 stores down and asked for b5 and got pantothenic acid (whats the difference i see some people taking pantothenic acid vs just pantothenic) which is better?

and she also gave me Hi potency b complex (is that what i need to take..it does not say b 100..but maybe im just confused)

and how many pills of pantothenic acid should I Take daily and how many hi potency b complex should i take?

and whats the difference between pantothenic acid 250 mg vs 500 mg? what is better and what should i take?

hopefully i can get some help soon lol

Pantothenic Acid is Vitamin B5, its just another name for it. And i think u mean pantothenic acid and pantethine ? Pantethine is the biologically active form of Pantothenic acid(b5). most people find pantothenic acid better than pantethine, from my findings, but it does not necessarily mean that this is the case for you. The difference between 250mg and 500mg is just that.. one pill contains 250mg and the other 500mg. If your mega dosing and want to take 10grams then your going to have to take 20 pills of the 500mg, whereas with the 250 u'll have to take 40 pills. So id recommend the 500mg. Its the usual pill potency that people use. And as for the complex, its up to you. a lot of people have found no side effects if not using it, but then later on they get them from not using it. Just like me. I recently found that i had some effects because i haven't been taking it since i started pantothenic acid.

Hope thats of some help to you

Half pipe, no offense, but did you even read the original post of this thread? Most of the questions you're asking have already been answered in the first post. If you would have read anything about B5, you'd know that it is water soluble. All of the general info, risks, instructions have ALREADY been posted! Please, take the time to READ and RESEARCH before posting questions. 1000MG = 1G .... :wall:

im currently taking 1 gram a day lol

if i had to take 20 tablets a day, this would cost me an absaloute fortune

im also feeling some muscle pains - dont know if this is down to the b5 or not

I'm 4 weeks into megadosing b5 (pantothenic acid 500mgx10 twice daily) including a daily multivitamin (1/2 pillx2 daily), omega 3 oil capsule (x1 daily), and a b50 complex(x2 daily). I made a chart of the actual dosages of each vitamin once everything is combined, and I made sure to keep the dosage safely under toxicity levels.

Lately, my skin has been looking much healthier than it did before, but I've noticed my hands started becoming somewhat clammy a few hours after taking the supplements when they were always normal or dry before I started the regimine a month ago.

Has anyone else noticed their palms becoming more prone to sweat or clamminess since taking b5 supplements?

------------

Update: slight hairloss started occuring at week 4 while taking 10g of Pantothenic Acid daily (5g in morning, 5g at night). I've been noticing that when I gently run my hand through my hair in the morning after sleeping, there are around 8-12 strands of hair in my fingers. Throughout the day, I've been noticing a strand on my desk or on my shoulder which wasn't a frequent occurance prior to megadosing B5. There aren't any bald spots appearing (yet), so it's just a general hair thinnning all over the scalp it would seem. I will admit my hair feels great though, but if this hairloss continues, it won't look as great haha.

I'm going to cut back to taking 5g daily to see if that helps reduce hairloss.

------------

Update #2: it's been about a week since i reduced my B5 dosage to 5g from 10g daily, and my hair isn't falling out anymore. also, the clammy hands are returned to being normally dry again, and my skin is still looking clear. it would seem 5g a day is perfect for my body.

Hi guys. I am new to this site and this is my first official post. (the introduction post won't count haha).

A friend of mine recommended this vitamin B5 treatment to me a couple of months before but I really didn't pay much attention since vitamin B5 is quite costly here since the only place I know where they carry this is GNC (i'm in the Philippines by the way) I tried 2 bottles just to get a feel of it. I didn't follow the big dosage since my supplies are limited so I took it like 6-9 caps a day (do the Math) My face became less oilier and also prevented new pimples from coming out hehe. I was quite happy in a way. But I guess, I wasn't feeling an inch of the power of this vitamin since I didn't follow the regimen.

I have asked my brother who is in the USA to bring me home some B5. And so it did arrive yesterday. I have started my megadose of B5 and hope this will work on me. :pray:

Question : What brand of Pantothenic Acid are you guys using?

hey guys, if ur looking for a cheap place to get B5 supplements or any supplements for that matter i would suggest www.iherb.com

they have a bunch of different quality brands for great prices, i think. This is where i buy like all of my supplements cuz they're one of the cheapest i've found. also if u've never bought from them before then here's a coupon code to get ya an extra 5$ off.

coupon code= DAR092

I havent tried the whole B5 supplement thing yet but def gonna start soon. sounds pretty promising

Vitamin B has practically cured me. I take 6 high strength Vitamin B complex pills everyday...which gets me 600mg of vitamin B5 every day. I've had constant acne on my chin/jawline area for that past couple years and I recently read that this type of acne is generally associated with a androgen hormone imbalance. Then I read that vitamin B5 is pretty vital in metabolizing these hormones. So I started taken these pills and I saw results within 3 days...it was just crazy. My skin feels so much less irritated and inflamed. I'm looking to order the B5 powder online since I want to increase the dose gradually, but don't have the money to be going through bottle after bottle of the stuff I have now.

Vitamin B has practically cured me. I take 6 high strength Vitamin B complex pills everyday...which gets me 600mg of vitamin B5 every day. I've had constant acne on my chin/jawline area for that past couple years and I recently read that this type of acne is generally associated with a androgen hormone imbalance. Then I read that vitamin B5 is pretty vital in metabolizing these hormones. So I started taken these pills and I saw results within 3 days...it was just crazy. My skin feels so much less irritated and inflamed. I'm looking to order the B5 powder online since I want to increase the dose gradually, but don't have the money to be going through bottle after bottle of the stuff I have now.

What brand are you using? 600 mg of vitamin B5? Isn't that too little?

Okay, just thought that i should share my story and experience with B5.

I started back in october 2006, after trying about every alternative method there is. As every other method I had tried it didn't start out good with B5. My dose was a total of 15ml a day, taken with food three times a day. The two first months was horrible. But i stayed put and continued to take it. 3 months in and things really started to take off. Still got some acne but they never developed much and disappeared kinda fast. Things just got better, and four months in. I really was "cured" from acne. That was an wonderful feeling, friends and family often got suprised to how good I looked. That was the best six-seven months of my life.

Then things started to change. As summer turned in to autumn my skin started to break out once again. Not as bad as before I started taking B5, but alot worse then that lovely half year.

I continued eating B5 and I had my ups and downs through out the following year. But i was never satisfied for long periods anymore. Started to take 2 teaspoons (10ml) instead of 3 teaspoons a day. Didn't really notice that much of a difference. I began to doubt the power of B5 and thought i maybe should try to quit.

Dec 2008, after 26 months of b5 intake I finally had the courage to try quitting. I was prepered for an instant outbreak when i stopped. That didn't happen. Instead I had one week, without any outbreak at all. Light shined on me and I was beginning to think that my battle against acne was gone after ten years of hopeless fights.

Of course, life aint that simple. I should have known. 7-8 days in, the outbreak started. And it was bad, really really bad. It has gone 2 weeks now without any B5 intake and that outbreak is still very active. I don't think my skin has been this bad ever before. The usual acne depression have kicked in with full force.

So here i am, wondering if i should go back to B5 once again. Suffer through the first horrible months and hope for an initial success once again. If i start again.. i probably will eat it for at least many, many, many years to come. And personally i'm pretty skeptical to overdose anything for such extreme lenghts of time.

But i dunno, don't have much choice I guess.. there really isn't much alternatives...

Unless i try to hold out for a while, maybe an month or two. And continue with my low carb, no sugar diet to see if the persons claiming that you can totally stop the acne with your choice of food. Thing is though, i have been eating healty for two years now, at least almost no sugar at all.

And don't know what do anymore.. i wished i had never stopped taking B5.

I'm really debating taking B5 but I don't know which brand to take. I'm thinking of Vilantae because its compounded with other B vitamins and Biotin, but its really expensive. There is so much information on all of these pages. Some people say make sure you take B5 with a B complex and some people say make sure you don't.

If there are any long term B5 users still reading this how long did you take the 10 grams a day before you were able to start to lessen the dosage, and is it still effective?

I'm really debating taking B5 but I don't know which brand to take. I'm thinking of Vilantae because its compounded with other B vitamins and Biotin, but its really expensive. There is so much information on all of these pages. Some people say make sure you take B5 with a B complex and some people say make sure you don't.

If there are any long term B5 users still reading this how long did you take the 10 grams a day before you were able to start to lessen the dosage, and is it still effective?

i have being using the mega dose of B5 for about...a month and a half now.

i originally started using a bran called "new roots" but it made my stomach upset, so after 2 weeks of that, i switched to the GNC brand B5. at this time i wasnt taking any b-complex along with it..after a couple of days of no improvement, and a decent amount of money outta my pocket, i decided to take b-complex with it aswell. I saw results within a week..

and pretty big results too..like my comdones had gone down, i have no active acne. I've been about...90% clear the pas week from the B5 just after a month.

summary:

brand: GNC

b-complex or no: YES.

how long: about a month.