Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started with the GNC brand since I wanted to start right away but I ordered 800 500-mg pills from Amazon which are Twin Labs brand.

I'm hoping the switch from brand to brand won't cause too much of a problem... They should essentially be the same thing.

I'm almost a week in and up to 10 g per day. I've noticed a small difference so far. My skin is a little more dry and so are my lips. Other than that, I haven't really had any of the other side effects so all is well! I'll try to update somewhat often with my progress.

Good luck, everyone who's trying this!

How about GNC Pantothenic Acid 500? Anybody tried this one?

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?produ...gkw=b5&sr=1

You can go with GNC if you're willing to pay $10.99 for 100 pills.

or

You can get 200 pills for $12.47

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/twinlab-pan...n_b-5_500mg.htm

Your choice :)

When it comes to vitamins, you can't beat prices at www.allstarhealth.com. And in case you're wondering, Twin Labs is a VERY respected brand. I'd say even better quality then GNC.

I started with the GNC brand since I wanted to start right away but I ordered 800 500-mg pills from Amazon which are Twin Labs brand.

I'm hoping the switch from brand to brand won't cause too much of a problem... They should essentially be the same thing.

I'm almost a week in and up to 10 g per day. I've noticed a small difference so far. My skin is a little more dry and so are my lips. Other than that, I haven't really had any of the other side effects so all is well! I'll try to update somewhat often with my progress.

Hey neighbor ;-)

I don't think the brand is so important, same ingredients (or close). I guess I'm gonna wait for skinB5, and it is a powder! I hate pills - hard to swallow. Almost all of my vitamins are chewable :D

Well clindamycin didn't work for me.. Have u tried it yet? Mine wasn't a gel though, some kind of a lotion (I still have it somewhere..)

Hey neighbor ;-)

I don't think the brand is so important, same ingredients (or close). I guess I'm gonna wait for skinB5, and it is a powder! I hate pills - hard to swallow. Almost all of my vitamins are chewable :D

This is a good idea!!! :D One thing - I don't drink concentrate juice - lots of sugars :think: maybe smth else? Green tea? Any ideas??

Well I do like the taste of B-100 complex pills :think: I don't chew them though :doh: But I like it - yeah I'm a freak :dance:

im going to try B5 for my moderete acne ... just wanted to know, does this only work for people who have oily skin. ive got moderate acne on my back but my back isnt oily. will it still work ?

im going to try B5 for my moderete acne ... just wanted to know, does this only work for people who have oily skin. ive got moderate acne on my back but my back isnt oily. will it still work ?

will time released b5 work just as well ... its 500mg and it says it releases it over 8 hours. i could take half in teh morning and half at night

Ok, I finally got my skinB5 powder! In the instructions it says it is required to take 15g a day to see optimal results. I've never seen any info on 15g on the forum, it is always 10g/ day. Is powder different than pills??

Personally, I think B5 supplementation is helpful, but not the whole picture. You guys should check out the Ultimate Acne Regimen: http://www.ultimateacneregimen.com

I"m having pretty good success with this program so far. What I think we all need is the right combination of vitamins and minerals; and a system low on toxicity. A variety of B vitamins is helpful for various reasons, but won't solve your oil level problem entirely.

The regimen uses some of Dan's techniques, so I felt like I was at an advantage. Anyway, it's helped me out a lot. I'm not sure if it might work for anyone else, too.

-Jackie

Ok, I finally got my skinB5 powder! In the instructions it says it is required to take 15g a day to see optimal results. I've never seen any info on 15g on the forum, it is always 10g/ day. Is powder different than pills??

Just ordered the powder and joined the forum. I didn't read that it tastes bad before I ordered it, but thats ok, if it tastes bad its good for you :)

WARNING. I've come back to say that B5 has failed me finally. After 4 months at 10 g, I dropped to 7g,then to 6g for two weeks, my acne not only came back, but came back with avengence. My poors are INFLAMED, I mean not puss, but inflamed poors I believe from no oil being able to make healthy skin. Also, it doesn't matter what I try, I still break out. I started breaking out bad on my forehead and around my nose and other areas I used to never get spots. I had no side effects besides the occasional eye lash loss and gold urine, but my face has actually gotten worse and I'm going to slowly come off. I went from moderate acne to mild for a week, then BAM for a month, to severe inflamed. I'm coming off to go on accutane. After 2 years of trying everything. Nothing works so I'm sure accutane will work for me as my cousin has been on it and I'm pretty healthy now.

Acne has now made me quit smoking at 6 months free now, quit even social drinking at one year now, not a sip.

I hate this shit on my face.

End of rant.

B5 users, it will work for body acne though but make your face worse FOR SOME PEOPLE like me. Doesn't matter what I tried I spent $$$$$$$$ on everything from the DKR stuff to every moisturizer and different cleanser and tried them for months by correct regime.

Accutane is my only answer now if I want to have a lot less scars in my future.

I'm 20 and white male.

I'm out.

WARNING. I've come back to say that B5 has failed me finally. After 4 months at 10 g, I dropped to 7g,then to 6g for two weeks, my acne not only came back, but came back with avengence. My poors are INFLAMED, I mean not puss, but inflamed poors I believe from no oil being able to make healthy skin. Also, it doesn't matter what I try, I still break out. I started breaking out bad on my forehead and around my nose and other areas I used to never get spots. I had no side effects besides the occasional eye lash loss and gold urine, but my face has actually gotten worse and I'm going to slowly come off. I went from moderate acne to mild for a week, then BAM for a month, to severe inflamed. I'm coming off to go on accutane. After 2 years of trying everything. Nothing works so I'm sure accutane will work for me as my cousin has been on it and I'm pretty healthy now.

Acne has now made me quit smoking at 6 months free now, quit even social drinking at one year now, not a sip.

I hate this shit on my face.

End of rant.

B5 users, it will work for body acne though but make your face worse FOR SOME PEOPLE like me. Doesn't matter what I tried I spent $$$$$$$$ on everything from the DKR stuff to every moisturizer and different cleanser and tried them for months by correct regime.

Accutane is my only answer now if I want to have a lot less scars in my future.

I'm 20 and white male.

I'm out.

Hi, I bought a bottle of vitamin b-5 last year. I haven't started using it yet because I've been a bit scared to start. But I have just started a beauty therapy course where every girls skin is perfect. Mine is really oily, not really many blemishes just really oily. Will this work to slow down the oil production because I hate my skin at the moment. If this doesn't work should i try antibiotics? Im on the pill and worry thta it will interfere.