Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daanzell

Is Subway really healthy?

Today I went and bought a subway sandwich and questioned myself on whether its really healthy. personally i think i made a relatively healthy choice. My sandwich consisted of:

Wholemeal bread

Chicken fillet

Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato, Carrots

A touch of salt/pepper

and NO cheese since im strictly off dairy.

Do you guys think that Subway can be a healthy choice?

me personally

watch the mayo and i think you're good

may not be the best, but i think its good

depends..some will say thats overly acid..others will say dont mix startches and protein. Some will say thats the mecca of a healthy meal. Imo its the best of the bunch of fast food stuff.

Subway is healthier than most fast food in general. Just because it's Subway doesn't necessarily healthy though. They still serve fatty meat, chips, soda, and cheeses. Your meal sounds pretty healthy to me though.

This is what I know from experience:

-That dude Jared ate it on the commerical and lost weight

-Then my coworker who was 250lbs+ said he ate it and still eats it regularly. He is down to under 180lbs

-Then my college friend who was like 275lbs+ and was fat the whole time through college ate it and is now like 160lbs.

Not sure if it is healthy but it sure does lose weight.

Case closed.

P.S. The statements above are all 100% TRUE!

aw man subway is so good but i try not to eat it very often because i love cheese and usually have lots which makes it bad

I haven't been to Subway in years, but if memory serves me correctly, the sandwich meats they use are like those found in the deli section of your grocery store. They are processed and contain many additives including salt, preservatives etc.

Honestly if you didnt have acne, or none of the foods there caused any problems subway would be a pretty healthy choice for eating out.

In my opinion, no its not. The meats are all processed if not loaded with fats (ham, salami, pepperoni)

also I believe all the carbs in the bread is bad... a wrap or salad from their would be a better choice.

subway is a lot better than other fast food places

i don't like bologna, salami etc

I usually get some chicken sandwich or meatballs.

This is what I know from experience:

-That dude Jared ate it on the commerical and lost weight

-Then my coworker who was 250lbs+ said he ate it and still eats it regularly. He is down to under 180lbs

-Then my college friend who was like 275lbs+ and was fat the whole time through college ate it and is now like 160lbs.

Not sure if it is healthy but it sure does lose weight.

Case closed.

P.S. The statements above are all 100% TRUE!

we have Subway in the UK, and i think its really healthy (it has to be because of our governments regulations)

the only differance UK subways have is that they dont sell fries, unlike the US ones.

Iv had the luxury to have gone to a US subway while i was over there last summer, and i have to admit, the UK subways are much better and healthier than the US ones :)

Subway is healthier than most fast food in general. Just because it's Subway doesn't necessarily healthy though. They still serve fatty meat, chips, soda, and cheeses. Your meal sounds pretty healthy to me though.

we have Subway in the UK, and i think its really healthy (it has to be because of our governments regulations)

the only differance UK subways have is that they dont sell fries, unlike the US ones.

Iv had the luxury to have gone to a US subway while i was over there last summer, and i have to admit, the UK subways are much better and healthier than the US ones :)

In my opinion subway is only a better fast food choice, but not a healthy meal. It is relative inexpensive and their meats are all loaded with sodium even if it does have "x grams of fat per 6 inch sandwich!" They have to be high in salt to stay fresh for long periods of time. They also probably contain preservatives like sodium nitrate which can be harmful when harmful when nitrosamines are formed.

I'm not saying we don't need any salt because we do need sodium in our diets to reabsorb glucose in our kidney's, but we only need a minimum of about 500 mg a day. One time at work I forced myself to eat a chicken submarine type sandwich because I felt ill and I was soooo thirsty after!

no its not healthy and it will cause acne because the bread. The bread causes a rapid rise in bloog sugar which causes inflammation in the body that leads to acne and other issues. If u dont already have acne and if ur a carb type metabolism thanb it might be ok but as an acne sufferer AVOID.

well i was surprised when i heard the US subways also sell fries. here in australia, the closest thing u'll get to fries is the fresh cookies they sell.

but as i said in my first post, i go for generally the most healthy option: chicken fillet, carrot, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and nothing else.. no sauce, no cheese etc. and i get it on wholemeal bread.

i only eat it on some occasions.