Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
endpimples

Accutane vs. Cancun?!

Ok so here's the deal. I'm 16, I have mild acne. I've been on 10mg of accutane for 1 month. And after that 20mg for another month. And so far no improvement. But anyways to my question... I'm going to cancun biggrin.gif/ In Feb. and I was wondering if you guys had any tips!? Of course I am going to wear tons of sunblock and stuff...but is it safe to go there, I mean I'm just scared cause I don't wanna come back with hyperpigment and have red blotchy skin forever 8-[ . So if anyone has any tips or want to share their experience with accutane and being in the sun..please let me know!!!?!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I took Accutane about 5 or 6 years ago and my stupid doctor did not express how important sunblock was to use. So, I stopped Accutane in early May and I went to Miami on Memorial Day weekend. What a disaster!!! First of all, back then when you went to get waxed they did not have the signs that I see now about advising if you are on any medication, especially Accutane. So, I got my eyebrows and upper lip waxed. Picture this my face looks like a lobster in my eye area and my upper lip and I have to get on the plane the next day!! Then when I was in Miami I got burned really bad on my chest. So I looked retarded the whole time. My face was all red and white, my chest was burned and my lower half was nice and tan. My advice is to stay under an umbrella, tons of sunblock, a hat, pants, shirt (only kidding:) Just be very careful.