Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Could I be having an allergic reaction?

I haven't been tested for allergies probably since I was a baby... so up until now, I always assumed I had no allergies. But for the past month, something strange has been happening. My acne had gotten EXTREMELY inflammed, my eyelids got puffy (espessially swollen near the inner corners) and I have been getting these horrible headaches. I had also gotten so tired throughout the day, that I could barely function.. even if I got plenty of sleep the night before. My derm put me on prednisone for 6 days to calm down my acne... and everything got better. No more headaches, my eyelids went back to normal.. my acne inflammation went wayyyy down and I was hyper. Now that i'm off of the prednisone (its a steroid that you can only be on for a short amount of time due to bad long term side effects), my eyelids have gotten puffy again, my acne is very inflammed, my head has been hurting on and off, and i'm fatigue once again. Could this be some kind of allergic reaction? I eat the same foods everyday.. wheats, dairy, and sugars (horrible diet, I know :lol: ).. is it possible to suddenly develope an allergy to one of those?

Oh! I forgot to mention also that along with all this, i've been getting random bruises on my legs. I went to the doc and he told me that its nothing to worry about. I did get blood work done though and my sed rate (inflammation rate in body?) was high.. an 81 (I think I was suppose to be between 0-28).. i'm not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Holy cow, that sounds like how I get! Well I get headaches a lot, I'm tired almost all the time, and I tend to get red inflamed acne. I have noticed a connection to what I eat. I love pizza, bagels and stuff like that but my skin does look better when I avoid it and eat more veggies.

I have the same symptoms. For me, Claritin D (loratidine 10mg) once a day completely takes care of all that. No headache, no puffy eyes, no sinus drainage. It is a miracle for me.

There is a lot of mold and mildew behind the wallpaper where I work. I get those symptoms as soon as I walk in the darn building. Take Claritin and half an hour later, everything is all better.

Are things just starting to be completely thawed outside and grow up there again Mandy?

Yeah things are starting to grow now Ayla

OMG I just woke up a half hour ago.. and my eyes felt really weird.. so I looked in the mirror and they are more swollen then ever before.. espessially on the bottom. My left eye is the worse.. Along with that, my face is a lot more broken out/inflamed/itchy... could this all be related?

I called up my aunt to pick me up some claritin... I hope it helps :unsure:

I think i'm going to go to the ER tomorrow... I took a claritin-d and my swollen eyelids improved a little but still puffy... and my throat feels a bit swollen at the moment and i'm worried it will get worse. Does Claritin take a couple days to work or should it have worked right away?

I think i'm going to go to the ER tomorrow... I took a claritin-d and my swollen eyelids improved a little but still puffy... and my throat feels a bit swollen at the moment and i'm worried it will get worse. Does Claritin take a couple days to work or should it have worked right away?