Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elsewhere

Calling on Plus Sized Women - I need your help!!!!!

Alright, to begin with, my breasts are large. Very large. I'm large enough in cup size and yet freakishly small enough in rib size that even Victoria secrets doesn't make a bra in my exact size. I'm 5'1 and 135 lbs, so while all of the bottem clothing is still in juinors, the top is plus sized.

Anyhow, the dilema. I want to wear a bikini top this year for my swimsuit. Having succumbed to common sense and gravity, I realize that I am going to need to buy a seperate top and bottem, and the top will need to be plus sized. I want: a regular classic, two strap underwire top (I can't do the halters or the tie backs, did that last year and my breasts are so heavy the straps literally bruised my skin with the weight!) WITHOUT the tummy cover - no tankinis! - and back clasp.

I also need a store that has their exact sizing chart - none of this "small, medium, or large" bullshit.

I would also like to have a decent selection of top patterns and colors - I want leopard print, but will settle for anything without flowers or stripes.

I have scoured all of these stores physically AND online and am about ready to say fuck it, I'm gonna wear a burka, because NONE of these places had those things - Victoria Secret's, Lane Bryant, Debshops Plus Sized, JC Penny's, several adult stores locally (whom often have strippers buying their costumes there, I thought I might get lucky with the buiseness being what it is) and nothing.....

Where do you gals get your bikini tops? Or swimsuits anyhow, I'm getting desperate! And at this point, the hubby and I realized that we may need to drop 100 or more on this, I'm okay with that, if I could just find out where!

Well, if you meant gym as in work out to reduce breast size, it's not likely to work for me. When I was 100 lbs I was still as big as I am now. I'm also petite sized in clothing everywhere else except my tops, so sadly, excersize will do nothing to help this particular problem....

:(

But the gymwear for a swimtop might not be a bad idea, really. I might have better luck in that line of clothing. After all, a bikini top isn't much more than a stretchy bra that can get wet, so that's actually something I'll look at.

lol - don't be. It happens. The funny part is because I'm so small body-wise, I get VERY strange looks when I go into Lane Bryants (an exclusivly plus sized women clothings store), but the fact is, I'm tired of squishing my boobs into stuff that doesn't fit. So I go where the clothes for my boobs will fit. That what every person should do - go where the clothes fit them instead of trying to squish their bodies into ill fighting and uncomfertable clothes, no matter their weight.

Unfortunatly, plus sized shopping is a nightmare for even full bodied plus sized women, let alone someone who's only top heavy. The swimtop thing is really being a source of aggravation for me......I know there are some very good plus sized shops out there, I just don't know where.

not sure where you're from.. but maybe california sunshine? its a bathing suit store.. they have a website californiasunshine.com, good luck with your search!

I'm in Kansas, but I'm checking out that site now! Thank you! (I'm more than happy to do online ordering if the site has a real size chart!)

Have you tried eBay? Or Miraclesuit? I'm not as top heavy as you, but it is hard to find clothes that fit my small self with rather larger bosom. I find a bandeau top fits the bill for me. I hate those triangle bikini tops because most of the bosom remains on display. That's not me, that is for a stripper!!!

Halter tops are also good because there is more fabric across the width of the breast, and the ties are generally nice and thick and wide.

I have not tried those places - that's good! Yeah, I'm spitballing at this point, I will check out every single site and store (if it's here in Kansas City) recommended!

What I plan (hope) on doing is buying my bottom in my size, and buying the swimsuit top oversized, then taking it in to fit me. I'm in a similar situation as you are: I have extremely, grotesquely, hideously large breasts, and swimsuit shopping is a nightmare.

It's just finding a suit that isn't ugly. Merchandizers have this idea that if you shop plus-sized, you must also like garish, ugly patterns. It's nerve-wracking.

Good luck. ^^

Jordan

It's a shame everything in her range is in pink and also you are in the US but I liked how she has cup sizes for her bikini top, exact cup sizes!

I am really skinny with a really big chest as well. I have to buy bathing suits online and in separates, of course. It sucks.

Elsewhere,

I'm afraid that in order to help you we're really going to need to see pictures of those amazing breasts and that ghetto booty. :pray:

Apologies. Seriously a picture would be cool. I can only suggest going art deco retro and getting one of those body time swimsuits charlie chaplin's wife might wear at the beach.

Hey, I wear a 34F so can feel your pain Teressa. I go to www.bravissimo.co.uk try looking direct at the manufacturers and see if there is anything like that in the US. The problem with this is its hideously expensive and the shipping would be a bitch.

www.figleaves.com do some as well. Good luck!

There are nice selections of sports bras that people wear for jogging. Some are even made of Lycra so would dry very quickly if you went swimming with it on. I wear a sports bra myself, but not swimming. Great support and feels so much better than a regular bra. Thick straps. It might reduce back pain, too, and stretching of the Cooper's ligaments.

Lol sorry I wanted to post again. The ones I get from bravissimo are like actual bra's, I love the tankini's though. They have build in full bra's underneath not that stupid shelf thing that comes up to your nipples so you feel like you are wearing a bra under a vest top but it just looks like you have wonderfully supported boobs under this top. They are fucking genius i swear.

I have this same problem Elsewhere. I wear sports bras. I still have yet to find a regular bra that fits me. A 36C is too small. I guess next time I get a bra I will have to try either a 38C or move up to a D! They sell nice bras at Macys that are not labeled S, M, L, Extra L

I have this same problem Elsewhere. I wear sports bras. I still have yet to find a regular bra that fits me. A 36C is too small. I guess next time I get a bra I will have to try either a 38C or move up to a D! They sell nice bras at Macys that are not labeled S, M, L, Extra L

Try BiggerBras.com The Fantasie and Freya Swimsuits come in a range of sizes and are sold as separates. The tops are well constructed like real bras.

http://www.biggerbras.com/freya-big-cup-br...-top-9750.shtml

This one is SO cute and comes in 30 - 38 D, DD, E, F, FF, G

The bra size conspiracy is a problem. There are lots of women, natural and umm "enhanced" who have large cup sizes and small band sizes. However all these women are ignored. VS, a company that shows voluptous models on its catalog pages and specializes in sexy bras has a pretty limited range. Since when are slender girls with big boobs not sexy? They should be courting us to use and promote their products!

Instead all these stores and brands offer limited sizes and then we wonder why so many women wear the wrong bra size. We were never given the opportunity to try on a bra that fits.

</soapbox>