Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xeilu

I didn't get accutane

Well I had my dermatologist appointment today in the morning. I've had a moderate/severe acne problem that's been persistent for years. After the doctor examined me (or I thought she was a doctor) she prescribed retin-A & clindamycin and told me to try that as she does not prescribe accutane as a first option.

She told me that accutane might be a possiblity if I try other things first and those don't work. I've read all about accutane and the potential side-effects it can bring, but I'd rather have something long term rather than trying other things that are might only be temporary.

After she gave me my prescriptions and left the room I noticed that she wasn't a doctor but a physician's assistant. Does anyone think that mattered? I actually have scheduled another appointment in about a week at another clinic as I had made that one first but then decided to see if I could get in somewhere faster. The other appointment is with an actual dermatologist.

I dont think she get give you accutane prescriptions only dermatologist can..

what country do you live in?

doesnt matter.. i was prescribed accutane by a physician's assistant. and most drs wont prescribe accutane right off the bat until you've tried topicals and oral antibiotics..

doesnt matter.. i was prescribed accutane by a physician's assistant. and most drs wont prescribe accutane right off the bat until you've tried topicals and oral antibiotics..

his name was Sal and he was kinda cute

I never saw a "derm"

Accutane is typically prescribed as a "last resort", so what you experienced is common. Derms are supposed to prescribe other medications first to see if you will respond, before prescribing Accutane.

Who knows, maybe your new prescriptions will work.

Find another Doc. and tell them you've tried Tetracycline, Bactrim, Retin-A, Differin, a Clindamycin topical and countless OTC meds, yet your acne remains persistant.

Accutane will follow.

its a game.

they are interested in prolonging your suffering because thats what they are in business for theyre a sort of conflict of interest. Even though at the same time they are also interested in you seeing results, they dont want you to get them quickly nor permanantly because there practice must be based on something right?

so what they are most likely looking for is to see how hard you can be pushed until you break then at that moment they will give it to you, they will be richer for doing it too.see the conflict?Its benefit off your suffering.

so since you already accept the reality of the game go in there and play it as well, tell them whatever it is that you have to tell them to increase your chances of going on the drug. its your interests verses their interests.

and last time i checked their wasnt a guardian angel looking over my shoulder looking out for my good fortune nor any god keeping score on my moral actions, there is nothing immoral about playing the game, it happens everyday in nature the fox steals the newborn goslings to feed her own newborn, its not in the gooses interest but the foxs babies are well fed, is that right or wrong doesnt matter, the foxs babies are fed. Always look out for your own interests at the expesnse of others interests because they will always be playing the same game.

Im not saying that everyone is going to be like this its just that they havent realized how the game is played yet, i call this technique the pre-emptive manipulation because they are going to be trying to be manipulating you anyways so you manipulate their manipulations.

Or you could just pray to god you meet a derm that really wants to serve you but those odds could be against you. why take your chances.

does the tone of their voice seem genuine to you????and natural??? if not, somethings up and there playing the game real hard.

My first attempt at getting Tane, the derm just threw topicals at me, then called me a liar when I told him I was allergic to Tetracyclins (which I am). Quack.

I made an appt. with another derm and told him I wasn't interested in temporary fixes (topicals), and of my antibiotic allergies. Walked out with the Tane workbook and an appt. for the next month. :dance:

I've been on it a month and half and I've cleared comepletly! Couldn't be happier! :)

My first attempt at getting Tane, the derm just threw topicals at me, then called me a liar when I told him I was allergic to Tetracyclins (which I am). Quack.

I made an appt. with another derm and told him I wasn't interested in temporary fixes (topicals), and of my antibiotic allergies. Walked out with the Tane workbook and an appt. for the next month. :dance:

I've been on it a month and half and I've cleared comepletly! Couldn't be happier! :)

Well I had my dermatologist appointment today in the morning. I've had a moderate/severe acne problem that's been persistent for years. After the doctor examined me (or I thought she was a doctor) she prescribed retin-A & clindamycin and told me to try that as she does not prescribe accutane as a first option.

She told me that accutane might be a possiblity if I try other things first and those don't work. I've read all about accutane and the potential side-effects it can bring, but I'd rather have something long term rather than trying other things that are might only be temporary.

After she gave me my prescriptions and left the room I noticed that she wasn't a doctor but a physician's assistant. Does anyone think that mattered? I actually have scheduled another appointment in about a week at another clinic as I had made that one first but then decided to see if I could get in somewhere faster. The other appointment is with an actual dermatologist.

My derm gave me accutane straight away, he didn't try and offer me anything else. All I had tried before was BP and antibiotics.