Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian37

Rate my redmarks with pics

the following is what I use on my face:

-cetaphil cleanser in the morning followed by ACV and lac-hydrin five moisturizer afterwards.

-plexion cleanser in the PM (what the derm prescribed me and told me to use it only at night), ACV, apply benzaclin to active spots than apply some lac-hydrin five moisturizer afterwards.

as of right now I only have 2 little active zits as you can see on the right side of the face near the chin (see 3rd pic). I think this was caused from over-drying of the benzaclin... no biggie as it will heal within the next couple of days with the use of the benzaclin. my derm told me if I wanted I could make another appointment to try to go after the redspots and I plan on in a couple weeks. how would you rate my face on a 1-10 scale? the darker red spots in the pics were the deeper zits as you can tell. for the most part my skin is smooth its just the damn redspots that are making me mad. I just started using ACV again today (been off it for about 3-4 weeks since I been to the derm). theres more redspots but none that are noticeable like the ones in the pics.

anyone have any suggestions vitamin wise, or ingredients that will help fade the marks as well? I heard vitamin C & E along with zinc work... anyone have any links? any type of lotions?

click on the pics to enlarge them...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3082/centerjx6.th.jpg - here's a center shot of my face

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9194/leftsidewv3.th.jpg - here's a shot of the left side of my face

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/359/rightsideqz0.th.jpg - here's a shot of the right side with the 2 active little zits

so on a 1-10 scale how would you rate my face?

i've tried vitamin c serums, glycolic acid, vitalize peels, and retinoids. none of them seemed to help.

some people on here are crazy about apple cider vinegar (ACV) but i didn't see results but i only did it for 2-3 weeks.

1-2, not bad at all.

ACV controlled the oilness I was having along with giving me back my skin tone so thats why I started back on it. the probelm is I constantly look at myself in the mirror while I clean and medicate my face so it looks as if my face is never healing. how to you guys clean and medicate your faces? do you look into the mirror? (dumb question I know lol). alot of marks have faded, I just wish they all would go away but I know thats going to take time. i'm going to give my derm a call and make another appointment in about 2-3 weeks to see what can be done to fade the darker spots.

believe it or not I had terrible acne before this, i'm just getting tired of seeing the red spots and want them gone lol. about 8 months ago I was on doxy because I would get the deep zits, now its just a matter of making the darker redmarks fade :think:

I would exfoliate!

I rate 2.

:D

i've tried vitamin c serums, glycolic acid, vitalize peels, and retinoids. none of them seemed to help.

some people on here are crazy about apple cider vinegar (ACV) but i didn't see results but i only did it for 2-3 weeks.

1-2, not bad at all.

Your red marks are nothing compared to mine. Mine are so severe (all over my face) that I've just got 2 V-Beam treatments from my derm. You are still young, which is your great asset. Young skin heals quickly.

the following is what I use on my face:

-cetaphil cleanser in the morning followed by ACV and lac-hydrin five moisturizer afterwards.

-plexion cleanser in the PM (what the derm prescribed me and told me to use it only at night), ACV, apply benzaclin to active spots than apply some lac-hydrin five moisturizer afterwards.

as of right now I only have 2 little active zits as you can see on the right side of the face near the chin (see 3rd pic). I think this was caused from over-drying of the benzaclin... no biggie as it will heal within the next couple of days with the use of the benzaclin. my derm told me if I wanted I could make another appointment to try to go after the redspots and I plan on in a couple weeks. how would you rate my face on a 1-10 scale? the darker red spots in the pics were the deeper zits as you can tell. for the most part my skin is smooth its just the damn redspots that are making me mad. I just started using ACV again today (been off it for about 3-4 weeks since I been to the derm). theres more redspots but none that are noticeable like the ones in the pics.

anyone have any suggestions vitamin wise, or ingredients that will help fade the marks as well? I heard vitamin C & E along with zinc work... anyone have any links? any type of lotions?

click on the pics to enlarge them...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3082/centerjx6.th.jpg - here's a center shot of my face

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9194/leftsidewv3.th.jpg - here's a shot of the left side of my face

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/359/rightsideqz0.th.jpg - here's a shot of the right side with the 2 active little zits

so on a 1-10 scale how would you rate my face?

on another note, the zit that you see in the pic on the right side came to a whitehead so I took a needle and popped it. white puss along with blood came out and is now healing nicely. one thing I learned from these message boards is to always pop a zit when it comes to a whitehead and to use a clean needle to just pick at it. trying to pop a zit that hasen't come to head with your nails or fingers will only make it worse. one thing I also noticed is that when I do get a zit it comes to a head in 1-2 days... it's either the benzaclin or the ACV but it works great. as of right now im only spot treating with the benzaclin because thats probably the reason why I broke out on the right side upper chin area... over drying of the skin. so far so good, in 1-2 weeks i'll make another appointment for the derm to see what she can do about fading the darker red marks :dance:

i'll take some new pics in a week or so

as for an update:

the two active zits on the right side of my chin area are gone, and the marks are fading nicely. the combo of ACV and lac-hydrin five is working great, im loving it. i'll take some new pics over the weekend and show the difference. my confidence is actually coming back :dance:

ok so I plan on calling the derm next week and schedule an appointment to see what she can do about the redmarks. she told me the last time I went in (about 4-5 weeks ago) to call her if I wanted to talk about treatments. she mentioned 3 different methods but I forgot what they were. I was just wondering what are the typical treatments derms give for red marks? I do have health insurance so im not really worried about the cost of each treatment. im looking to at least fade the darker red marks if anything.

so yeah I made a derm appointment to see what she can do about the darker redmarks on the sides of my face. im hoping all goes good :dance: