Dan

How big do you want the 10% AHA to be?

How big do you want the 10% AHA to be?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Yeah, you. :-)

• Huge: 8 ounces
    • Same size as BP is good: 4 ounces
    • Small and portable: 2 ounces

I was thinking about making the 10% AHA in two sizes, 8 ounces for people using it for body acne, and 2 ounces for people using it for spot treatment.

Alternately, I was thinking about just making it in a huge 8 ounce size and calling it a day.

I'm also looking into making a tinted one that I will make small for purses. Probably 1 ounce.

If it will come in a tube that looks similar to the other products, it should probably come in a size different than the BP, otherwise they will look identical on the bathroom counter and it would be easy to confuse the two.

So, I think either 8oz. or 2oz.

I was thinking about making the 10% AHA in two sizes, 8 ounces for people using it for body acne, and 2 ounces for people using it for spot treatment.

Alternately, I was thinking about just making it in a huge 8 ounce size and calling it a day.

I'm also looking into making a tinted one that I will make small for purses. Probably 1 ounce.

dude man are u serious!? i really wanted AHA lotion but i couldnt order on amazon b/c my parents dont trust it

and i would prefer real big bottle that lasts long so i dont hav to order it ever 2 months

Guest WhiteWater

I voted for 4 oz. It's a good, middle size compromise.

I don't think portability is even an issue. If the product is an important part of your regimen, you will make room for it no matter what when you travel. But I see a lot of risks with manufacturing a big 8 oz tube, namely people who buy it, don't like it then complain that it's only available in the huge size. Think of all those people who buy the BP gel and get poor results, either from improper use or just bad luck. At least they're not stuck with a huge tube that they have to waste.

The 4 oz size BP gel is already good enough for body acne. I'm guessing you wouldn't need to apply nearly as much AHA as BP, so 4 oz 10% AHA should last slightly longer than the 4 oz BP. But it seems like everybody already buys several tubes at a time anyway, so it's not necessary to make a big 8 oz tube. A 4 oz tube or smaller allows more choices for how little or how much people want to buy.

But if you do the 4 oz., it would be a good idea to have it come in a different color tube.

I don't think portability is even an issue. If the product is an important part of your regimen, you will make room for it no matter what when you travel. But I see a lot of risks with manufacturing a big 8 oz tube, namely people who buy it, don't like it then complain that it's only available in the huge size. Think of all those people who buy the BP gel and get poor results, either from improper use or just bad luck. At least they're not stuck with a huge tube that they have to waste.

Ok, I'll probably just go with an 8 ounce size then. Why the heck not :)

if your worried about the colour match on the bathroom sink...then...make the AHA's packaging red or somehting, instead of blue.

then make the moisturiser packaging green......then you'll have the fundementals for a crazy bathroom-shelf-sink-a-colour-thon

just kidding, but make them a diff colour so u dont get mixed up.

Huge! please. :D

how long do you think it'll take for the AHA? it's gonna take months isnt it? cause doesnt it have to get FDA approval or some testing or something like that. I dunno.

I should have another sample of the AHA soon. They had some stability problems so they keep working on it. I also challenged them to use only really benign non-comedogenic ingredients which can be tough when dealing with a low pH formulation like this. I'm hoping they'll come through with a sample next week. If it's good I'll probably know it myself. I know exactly what I'm looking for. Once I do OK it, it takes about 2 months for everything to get made. I am ordering the 8oz tubes which we're still working out as well. That may take a few weeks longer. So I'm hoping within 3 months or so. But, I want to really clearly state that I can't promise any dates whatsoever. You never know what wrenches get thrown in the works. There are so many variables involved in this stuff. Please send good vibes for a smooth transition and let's get it out ASAP. I want it too!