Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eve12

It's official... I'm a flipflopper

I am most definitely a product flip flopper and it's making me nuts! I can't seem to stick to one acne product. Deep down I know that it takes a long time to see results, but I just can't stick to anything long enough.

I was using proactiv for about 2 years and got pretty good results from that but I wasn't 100% clear. It got really bad last summer because I was constantly out in the sun with makeup on.

I used Dan's regimen for about 4 months with really good results, but since they discontinued Eucerin Renewal I can't find a moisturizer that controls flakes and doesn't feel like layers of goop on my face. (I've tried complex 15, lachydrin 5, neutrogena moisture lotion, and neutrogena healthy skin face lotion)

I recently got Differin from my dermatologist, but that lasted a grand total of 6 days. I started breaking out on my forehead where I never break out anymore. I know that you're supposed to get an initial breakout but I just can't deal with that in case I don't see results. Since then I've been flip flopping between Proactiv which I'm not sure will ever give me the results that I want and Dan's regimen which makes my skin flakey and feels heavy.

Deep down, I know that all this switcing is making my face much worse, but I can't stop. Every time I see a new spot I want to wash my face and try something else. Can someone please remind me why we need to give products time to work. I've read some info on it, but I still can't help myself. Am I the only control freak who does this???

treating acne is like many other things in life, you need a lot a lot of patience.

impatiance is just like kicking yourself in the ass, because you are wasting a lot of money on millions of products and you arent giving them time to do their job!

we all know how much it sux it is to wake up and face a new breakout, but there is no miracle product that will clear you within a few days. it takes time, and we just have to suck it up and persevere

I am most definitely a product flip flopper and it's making me nuts! I can't seem to stick to one acne product. Deep down I know that it takes a long time to see results, but I just can't stick to anything long enough.

I was using proactiv for about 2 years and got pretty good results from that but I wasn't 100% clear. It got really bad last summer because I was constantly out in the sun with makeup on.

I used Dan's regimen for about 4 months with really good results, but since they discontinued Eucerin Renewal I can't find a moisturizer that controls flakes and doesn't feel like layers of goop on my face. (I've tried complex 15, lachydrin 5, neutrogena moisture lotion, and neutrogena healthy skin face lotion)

I recently got Differin from my dermatologist, but that lasted a grand total of 6 days. I started breaking out on my forehead where I never break out anymore. I know that you're supposed to get an initial breakout but I just can't deal with that in case I don't see results. Since then I've been flip flopping between Proactiv which I'm not sure will ever give me the results that I want and Dan's regimen which makes my skin flakey and feels heavy.

Deep down, I know that all this switcing is making my face much worse, but I can't stop. Every time I see a new spot I want to wash my face and try something else. Can someone please remind me why we need to give products time to work. I've read some info on it, but I still can't help myself. Am I the only control freak who does this???

nothing wrong with flip flopping until you find something that works..when you fall in love with a product....the flip flopping will stop.

lol...yeah i'm a flipflopper too!!

I guess the fact that i have soo many skin products doesn't help :D

But i guess its not a bad thing, because u gota find the products that work well for you!

Wow, thank you so much for all your replies! I definitely think that constantly switching products is making my skin much worse. I guess I just have to be more patient. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one though :)

I used to be until I found the right products for my skin. Been using the same ones for months now!

I have a tendency to do the same thing. I really have to make an effort to stick with something for the 3 months it takes to see results. Switching moisturizers all the time isn't that big of a deal, but differin can take months!