Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmintyx17

Recurring boils, form of severe acne?

Four months ago, I developed an abscess on the inside of my left thigh. I had no idea what it was until I went the walk in centre, and the nurse prescribed me with a week's worth of flucloxacillin.

It cleared, but it left a small purple scar. I thought nothing of it until a few days later, after I had come off the antibiotics, another abscess developed on the outside of my left thigh. Fed up, I went to my doc, who prescribed me with 2 weeks worth of flucloxacillin and penicillin. It cleared again. I was left with a larger purple scar this time.

I was off the antibiotics for a few days and then all hell broke loose. I had them all over the backs of my thighs, my bum, one on my arm, one on my stomach. I had a fever. My lymph glands had swollen a little in my throat and on the sides of my cheeks.

Obviously distraught, I went the docs. I couldn't walk, stand, sit, sleep, it was hell. They were all bright red and feverishly hot.

I was given more flucloxacillin and a weeks worth of metradozline (sp?). Again, they cleared. But I have been left with lots of slow healing, purple coloured marks on my thighs :cry: Anyways, same old, same old, came off the antibiotics aaaaand they're back again!

So, going against my conscience, I booked a private derm appointment, because I simply could not wait 3 months for some treatment. I couldn't sit comfortably in college, and I couldn't do my job.

My derm has put me on lymecyline, 408mg for 3 months. Apparently it's an acne regime. I'm frustrated, because I really don't believe it's acne..I have had mild-mod acne on my face for 5 years, yet I've never experienced anything like this.

I'm completely in the dark. I apologise for such a long post, but I don't know what else to do. I'm not getting any answers here, and I'm sick of antibiotics. Any one any clue? Is this acne? Similar experiences?

Oh, and I'm 18 btw, so, obviously, recurring boils for people at my age is not very common.