Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a quick question to find out if anyone's accutane dosage was reduced instead of increased after 1st/2nd month?

I have been on 40mg/day for two months and now have been told to decrease to 20mg/day.

From the many posts I've read here, people usually have their dosage increased towards their final months so it is just really weird for my case. There have been hardly no improvements at all with the ance after the horrible initial flareup so I can't see why decreasing the dosage would help with clearing my acne. All the derm said was that she's being cautious and its just how she operate!

Also, is the average duration of accutane treatment 4 months?

Thanks all.

No takers? :(

Just a quick question to find out if anyone's accutane dosage was reduced instead of increased after 1st/2nd month?

I have been on 40mg/day for two months and now have been told to decrease to 20mg/day.

From the many posts I've read here, people usually have their dosage increased towards their final months so it is just really weird for my case. There have been hardly no improvements at all with the ance after the horrible initial flareup so I can't see why decreasing the dosage would help with clearing my acne. All the derm said was that she's being cautious and its just how she operate!

Also, is the average duration of accutane treatment 4 months?

Thanks all.